Celestial Champion isn't the main boss

Hi guys! I have a theory that the Celestial Champion is Ancient Guardian's alternative.

This theory was created when I saw Celestial Champion's prefab  (c_spawn("alterguardian_phase1")

alterguardian (maybe) means alternative guardian so , we can coclude that the Celestial Champion is only a key to the real moon boss.

you know the gestalt is a german word same goes for the word alter wich means age you know so because both are from the moon it would only make sense that alter is for the german word age and not alteration that way its in some way more conected alsol if we at german alredy do you think the people on the moon are all germans?

I haven’t fully explored all the content Klei has added to the game lately but, didn’t Forgotten Knowledges update just sort of leave us hanging with items/puzzles that seemingly have no purpose/aren’t able to be completed?

I was expecting the next Return of Them update would be Forgotten Knowledges part 2, but instead what we got was Reap What You Sow farming update, followed by this new Eye of the Storm update coming soon-

If people really are forgetting where Klei left us off with the last Return of Them update.. I guess they couldn’t have picked a better name then Forgotten Knowledge.

I don’t feel like this new boss is the last boss.. I’m pretty certain we’re going to tie back into Forgotten Knowledge at some point.

Based on the description of the crown / shard, espetialy Wickerbottom:

“The multitudes of knowledge it contains... if only I could write it all down...”

I have a feeling we just need to wait for next update / comming this update out of beta to get the posibility to use crown in Archive.

Other option is that we're in front of metheus like puzzeles, and the code to it will be somehow relesed on next update / comming this update out of beta

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I haven’t fully explored all the content Klei has added to the game lately but, didn’t Forgotten Knowledges update just sort of leave us hanging with items/puzzles that seemingly have no purpose/aren’t able to be completed?

Not really. The only thing in that update that has no purpose is the unfinished experiment, everything else had a point.

Also, I don't think there will be anything done about that portal in the archives. That is just something Wagstaff built without our help, it did not work, but now that we helped him build it using the mysterious energy, he succeeded. So it's just there for lore purposes.

47 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t feel like this new boss is the last boss..

Agreed. If they add some more stuff to its loot table, then it will be on par with the Fuelweaver as an endgame boss. But lore-wise, I think it would make more sense to fight something more... alive? as the final boss.

2 hours ago, Roodmas said:

Also, I don't think there will be anything done about that portal in the archives. That is just something Wagstaff built without our help, it did not work, but now that we helped him build it using the mysterious energy, he succeeded. So it's just there for lore purposes.

Wait you don't think the sealed portal will do anything? Very doubtful of this, what other structures of this nature exist? Everything does something 

The Sealed Portal was not made by Wagstaff. It's clearly made from Thulecite and Moon Rock, not "mundane" machinery. Besides, no one has even stepped foot in the Archives in aeons, as it only became accessible recently.

I do, however, suspect the Sealed Portal might be what Wagstaff is after. Three Iridescent Gems were not enough to power the portal, but that lunar energy orb Wagstaff steals from the Celestial Champion might just do the trick.

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Wait you don't think the sealed portal will do anything? Very doubtful of this, what other structures of this nature exist? Everything does something 

The reason I feel like it won't serve a purpose is that Klei likes to leave questions unanswered in the Don't Starve lore. Which is a good thing, the lore is interesting exactly because it's somewhat vague.

That being said, if the portal does something in the end, I'm excited to see what it might be.

2 hours ago, Roodmas said:

The reason I feel like it won't serve a purpose is that Klei likes to leave questions unanswered in the Don't Starve lore. Which is a good thing, the lore is interesting exactly because it's somewhat vague.

That being said, if the portal does something in the end, I'm excited to see what it might be.

I get what you're saying but I 100% believe it will eventually do something. It isn't like the special runes in archive and atrium that purely give lore/examination quotes.

On 4/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, Dr.Medic said:

you know the gestalt is a german word same goes for the word alter wich means age you know so because both are from the moon it would only make sense that alter is for the german word age and not alteration that way its in some way more conected alsol if we at german alredy do you think the people on the moon are all germans?

That's interesting, the fact that you're connecting some of the content to the German language. It reminds me of how Krampus is based off the German (I'm pretty sure it originated in Germany?) Krampus legend, y'know, the devilish Santa?

12 hours ago, fierysage1 said:

That's interesting, the fact that you're connecting some of the content to the German language. It reminds me of how Krampus is based off the German (I'm pretty sure it originated in Germany?) Krampus legend, y'know, the devilish Santa?

alsol if we at it wortox is an imp imps are from a german folk lore so it makes even more sense so that they relate in a way

11 hours ago, fierysage1 said:

Makes me wonder if there is some German heritage in Maxwell that helped mold the imagery as he was on the throne.

Krampus is Austrian though.

23 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Makes me wonder if there is some German heritage in Maxwell that helped mold the imagery as he was on the throne.

Krampus is Austrian though.

I don't think Maxwell created the Krampii. Wortox is not native to the Constant, so Klaus and the Krampii probably aren't either.

The German translation of Alter is interesting, makes me think it's a sort of pun on Elder Gods.

The Latin translation for alter is worth looking at as well I think, it's an adjective with these definitions:

1. the other, the second
  2. the one...the other (alter...alter)

Also this part under Etymology: From Proto-Indo-European *h₂élteros (“the other of two”)

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Not only is he not native to the Constant, he's not even trapped in it. He can leave anytime he wants, he just likes hanging around with the survivors.

Makes me wonder how Wortox won't unpossess the Krampus in his body if he's so powerful...

Archived