When Don't Starve Together Die

12 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

Klei make a game

Abandon it when it's still buggy while ignoring any kind of bug report

If the game isnt success it fine to abandon it. Keep updating them just waste time and money, and potential to make other better game.
Pretty sure their sale number on ios wasnt great.
It is buggy, but as long as it is "playable", it is "sellable".
Im not saying klei is right, but there are nothing wrong with their current choice, they cant feed their employee with air.

This "money grab" cost me all of $0.99 on my iPhone. Sure it's buggy as hell but it's a good game and I still got my money's worth. No way I would ever petition a small developer to focus their resources on an older port of a game no longer in active development, especially when they have more solvent games like DST that they are still actively interested in developing.

There are so many things in this life to get upset over. As someone who has endured 50+ hourse of PE, I have no energy to share in these frustrations.

16 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

This "money grab" cost me all of $0.99 on my iPhone.

That isn't the concern here, it doesn't matter if you payed a nickel or a 100 dollars. Its unfair to try and invalidate someones concerns just because you have a skewed view on value. Its also 4.99 on the app store for me. Not to mention the 40+ something dollars I've invested in the switch + ps4 version of the game that are still broken when ever you try to travel to other dlc.

Sure it's buggy as hell

Just because something is "cheap" doesn't mean you can release a buggy mess. 

but it's a good game and I still got my money's worth. No way I would ever petition a small developer to focus their resources on an older port of a game no longer in active development, especially when they have more solvent games like DST that they are still actively interested in developing.

There is a lot wrong with this sentiment and its attributing to a lot of "small" companies trying to get away with buggy games. As fans of the game and consumers we have a right to petition for a polished game, unless advertised as such. If a game is advertised to play a certain way then it should when a consumer goes to play it. 

There are so many things in this life to get upset over.

This is such low brow reasoning.

As someone who has endured 50+ hourse of PE, I have no energy to share in these frustrations.

Then why comment at all? This thread is obviously not for you, because you're clearly not biased. Also, Klei doesn't share the same sentiment as you. They have announced to return to console ports of the game and try to polish them because they know in what state they're in. Because we as consumer have notified them that they are in a broken state. Should someone think that perhaps the PE of the game is also broken, than god forbid, maybe Klei will take a look at it. Feelings need to be set aside for these kinds of discussions.

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I’m just going to assume you never played Assassins Creed Unity?

My point here is games I paid well over 150$ for released as and in many cases still are: Buggy Messes.

Klei on the other hand is not a Blockbuster Studio like Ubisoft & they are not expected to polish their games with the billions of dollars they’re making.

Some companies DO fix their glitchy broken disappointing mess of a game and have the greatest redemption story from disappointment- to living up to its expectations. (No Man’s Sky) where other companies ignore all the complaints about the bugs in their games whilst they churn out more DLC for that broken game or move on to a new game altogether and abandon the other one.

If you’ve never played Assassins Creed Unity... then you probably saved yourself a ton of headaches and frustration..

But it is probably one of the BEST examples of a big named juggernaut company with a blockbuster Triple A title- Releasing as and remaining to be a Buggy glitchy mess.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

No.

My point here is games I paid well over 150$ for released as and in many cases still are: Buggy Messes.

I'd refrain from bringing in the matters of other video game companies. 

Klei on the other hand is not a Blockbuster Studio like Ubisoft & they are not expected to polish their games with the billions of dollars they’re making.

Polishing a game is a matter of resources involving time, money, and personnel, sure. However how many resources are required to ago about revising a game needs to factor in the studios combined experience as well as the size of the project. You're comparing apples to oranges. You cant assume these two scenerios are in any ways similar. Lets not go into assumptions with how much it would cost Klei either because that would just be a guessing game. The point I was making to Jazzy is that he came into the thread in an attempt to shut down discussion with baseless assumptions, because as far as I know, he does not have any insider knowledge on the inner workings at klei. No one but Klei knows if:

1. There are not enough resources

2. The project is abandoned

3. Somehow there being "other problems in the world" invalidates this one for all staff at Klei 

Some companies DO fix their glitchy broken disappointing mess of a game and have the greatest redemption story from disappointment- to living up to its expectations. (No Man’s Sky) where other companies ignore all the complaints about the bugs in their games whilst they churn out more DLC for that broken game or move on to a new game altogether and abandon the other one.

Never have I said that there was any ill intent on Klei's part nor do I believe there was any. Not sure what you're getting at here... The OP is warning people not to buy the PE of the game which is completely understandable. 

If you’ve never played Assassins Creed Unity... then you probably saved yourself a ton of headaches and frustration..

But it is probably one of the BEST examples of a big named juggernaut company with a blockbuster Triple A title- Releasing as and remaining to be a Buggy glitchy mess.

Not sure what your attempt was with this comment honestly. Are you suggesting Klei is exempt from any scrutiny because they are a small studio and this somehow makes them more benevolent? Listen, I'll tell you the same thing I told Jazzy, feelings have no place in this discussion. This is about consumers being offered a broken product and an attempt at getting said product revised. There is no claim of intended malice, there is no demand for restitution and there are no assumption being drawn at what is the correct path to undertake (at least from me). The PE port is broken and it needs fixing, that's it. We are hopeful (I am) and we are warning others.

15 hours ago, Tranoze said:

If the game isnt success it fine to abandon it. Keep updating them just waste time and money

understandable, I'm ok with them abandon the game if it isnt a success 

but at least fix the game to make it functions properly

let look at Minecraft legacy console version for example , it have been abandoned 

but 
1) the dev prevent people from buying the game by remove it from the store

DSPE in other hand is still there, you can still buy that abandoned game

2) despite being abandoned, the game is not a buggy mess, The game might still have some bugs but it won't randomly crash, your save won't randomly become unplayable

7 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

This "money grab" cost me all of $0.99 on my iPhone. Sure it's buggy as hell but it's a good game and I still got my money's worth. No way I would ever petition a small developer to focus their resources on an older port of a game no longer in active development, especially when they have more solvent games like DST that they are still actively interested in developing

by "money grab", I don't mean only "the release of DSPE+" but "released an update as a new game (DSPE+) while keep selling the old, buggy, abandon game"

if it was DSPE but with both RoG and SW, I can be like "well since they didn't build DSPE to have SW from the start, I can understand why they have to make a new app instead of update the old game" or something like that 

there are NO excuses for that. Klei seem to very silent about it's released, I WONDER WHY? :D

imagine they stop update DST right now, and they put the final RoT update to stadia and call it "DST+"  

7 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

No way I would ever petition a small developer to focus their resources on an older port of a game no longer in active development, especially when they have more solvent games like DST that they are still actively interested in developing.

the thing is, they don't have to? just remove it from the store if they can't spend time to fix it

by continute seliing it, they have to take responsibility, either fixing the game or remove the game with an apology, at least say something?

I'm sure player would prefer this over being ignored then: bem, "new game, your game is abandoned, but we won't tell you~"

15 hours ago, Tranoze said:

It is buggy, but as long as it is "playable", it is "sellable".

yes, but it, you can do it, doesn't mean it's a right thing to do.

that's why I make this topic

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ok, Hey Klei,!!! stop update the game and create as much buggy mess as you want because if other company did it, it magicaly ok for you to do the same, Klei with the reputation of quality over quantity, what is that? :D 

Look, I'm not a Klei hater, I love the game, I love the studio, the dev

they have done good thing, stuff that we praise, we admire

but if they make a bad decision, they need to be called out for it

I have alway defend them when reviewer, other player call Klei greedy when they see a wall of Skin pack DLC because I know that those stuff is optional, a way for player to support the dev, not affect the gameplay and they are being misunderstood 

but this game literally feel like a cash grap, if not, it show the laziness form the dev 

but on top of that, the willingness to accept it of your guy is even worse!

you guy are unknowingly encourage this type of behavior, If they do it once, they can do it again, plus your encouragement, thing can be even worse

Just now, minespatch said:

It'd be nice if a dev could comment on this thread for confirmation instead of silence.

tbh, it isn't necessary though, we can rant about this topic all day even with the dev involved or not
beside it seem like they really want to ignore this topic, they stay silent when DSPE+ released, Remember the bug report you tag me? JoeW were there too but he didn't say anything after I have commented about the game. I'm sure that the dev has read this at some point

I prefer seeing they take action than reading their explanation

Deer Klei, if you are reading this

1) Make up your mind about DSPE (the original app) please?

if you guy still want to sell it, then fix it (after that, you guy can abandon it, whatever). If not, remove it from the store 

2) prove me wrong that DSPE+ isn't just DSPE with QoL update by making it different from DSPE, not a cheap cash grab. Despite all of my ranting and raging, I admit that the game has potential, but the execution is not

I will continue supporting you and your game... except DSPE+ (at least for now..)

unlike some people, I will not hesitate to call out you guy for thing like this in the future

21 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

That isn't the concern here, it doesn't matter if you payed a nickel or a 100 dollars. Its unfair to try and invalidate someones concerns just because you have a skewed view on value. Its also 4.99 on the app store for me. Not to mention the 40+ something dollars I've invested in the switch + ps4 version of the game that are still broken when ever you try to travel to other dlc.

There is no way I would ever feel the same sense of "update entitlement" towards a game for which I payed $0.99 as I would towards a game for which I paid $40. So yes, if we're accusing a game developer of making a "cash grab" then dollar amount does matter. Based on your citation of dollar amounts that you have paid for ports I'm inclined to believe that you secretly believe that too.

DSPE is an imperfect version of the game but far from unplayable. I have gotten so much playtime out of this port, and bugs or not I continue to play and enjoy it. There is no precedent to pull the game from either app store; it gets excellent reviews to this day and is constantly picked for Editor's Choice. it is in exactly the same shape as it's always been and there is certainly no unspoken obligation for a game developer to continue providing support for a port released six years ago. So for Klei to offer to revisit these ports after so long is exemplary, not "the least they can do."

This is such low brow reasoning. Why comment at all? This thread is obviously not for you, because you're clearly not biased.

No need to invalidate. Besides, I think you misread me. "I have no energy to share these frustrations," means I disagree with OP. I think you derived from that that "I don't have time for this," which was not my intended implication.

Feelings need to be set aside for these kinds of discussions.

Exactly what I am advocating for. Read OP again and then tell me that I am the one bringing personal feelings into a dry, well-mannered, constructive conversation. This was nothing more than a diatribe against Klei for not providing specifically the updates that OP wanted to see. There's constructive criticism and then there's this. Klei has just said that they are open to revisiting the older DS ports and our first reaction is to complain in the abstract about how much we dislike recent QoL updates? That's not fair to Klei and it doesn't give them any of the information that they are soliciting.

I'm not trying to invalidate anyone's concerns but this was far from effective feedback.

1 hour ago, JazzyGames said:

So am I able to discuss dollar amounts or not? Because you first tell me that the dollar amount doesn't matter, but then immediately follow up with examples of amounts that you have paid for ports of the game. Would have been better if you had started there, because there is no way I would ever feel the same sense of "update entitlement" towards a game for which I payed $0.99 as I would towards a game for which I paid $40. So yes, dollar amount does matter, and based on your citation of dollar amounts that you have paid for ports I'm inclined to believe that you secretly believe that too.

I was pandering to your line of reasoning. Since you first claimed that a 1 dollar game is not worth a developers time. I wanted to note that its not just 1 dollar games that are affected. I've already commented previously and even then I never brought up prices, you did. In case anyone else agreed with your logic, then I'd like them to try and justify the more expensive ports.

Actually, in most markets you do indeed get what you paid for.

I would hope that since this game has Klei's name on it they don't go the "you get what you paid for" route. When a company has a good reputation with its consumers there is a trust that's agreed upon that your games will be in a polished state.

DSPE is playable; I play it all the time. I have gotten so much playtime out of this port, and bugs or not I continue to play and enjoy it. It's an imperfect version of the game but far from unplayable. There is no precedent to pull the game from iOS store; it is in exactly the same shape as it's always been.

There are updates for the game that are behind a paywall. Every other port got those updates for free. What some of us want is some simple transparency from the company itself. I don't have to agree with everything the OP said to be on the side of good consumerism practices (in regards to the game being playable or not).

Ah, who's invalidating now?

You are. How is: "There are many things in life to get upset over; get over it" helpful in any way, shape, or form? What exactly is your angle here? "You get what you paid for". Hope I don't have to explain what constructive criticism looks like.

Exactly what I am advocating for. Read OP again and then tell me that I am the one bringing personal feelings into a dry, well-mannered, constructive conversation. This was a complete and total diatribe against Klei for not providing specifically the updates that OP wanted to see.

I read it again, and where are you getting that tone from? Where is he attacking Klei? Is telling you to imagine something suddenly slang for something, and maybe Im not aware of it?

Spoiler

imagine Klei just stop updating DST for 3 years on one platform, came back to update the game with some bug fix (which they didn't even fix all the most popular bug), then disappear for the next 2 years while adding a QoL update for the other platform. During that time, the forum of the game is dead and the dev doesn't even respond to bug report from the player 

after 2 years, they pop up again, turn that QoL update from back then into a separate game that you have to rent for it while the orginal version stays dead 

and that version has bug that the dev won't respond to too

There's constructive criticism and then there's this. Klei has just said that they are open to revisiting the older DS ports and our first reaction is to complain in the abstract about how much we dislike recent QoL updates? That's not fair to Klei and it doesn't give them any of the information that they are soliciting.

What? Complain in the abstract? You are again saying that our complains are not valid, despite this not affecting you. Are you klei? Are you their knight in shining armor come to defend their name of their behalf? Have they told you that they want you to come into this thread and tell us that our voices are falling on deaf ears? Or are you only here entirely self-proclaimed? 

I for one have not said anything about disliking the QOL update. You're sizing us all up like we are a collective. Instead of quoting the OP directly you branded us all together as whiners. I have said that Klei is taking a look at the ports and to hold out hope for the PE.

I'm not trying to invalidate anyone's concerns but this was far from effective feedback.

So now I ask you, which one is it? Are we allowed a voice or not? You state an unsolicited opinion is unfair but now suddenly, we are granted feedback so long as its "effective"? You really are of a mind to say "Shut up, your candy fell on the floor! So, shut up about it!". I'll have you know, my opinions come from a place of love. I love Klei's games and I want them to strive for better. Perhaps I am out of line for wishing that, but I have seen this time and time again; studios that release game with large bugs and then proceed to abandon them. Klei is of an open mind. Otherwise this thread would of been locked long ago. Should a developer be open to reading this, then I will disclose my concerns. However, telling others they have no ground to stand on (when that is clearly not the case) helps no one, not even Klei.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

I was pandering to your line of reasoning.

So even if I wanted to discuss your examples I can't because you weren't engaging my reasoning in good faith. Got it.

"There are many things in life to get upset over; get over it"
"Shut up, your candy fell on the floor! So, shut up about it!"

I said none of those things. You are grossly distorting my words and intentionally quoting me inaccurately.

Are you klei? Are you their knight in shining armor come to defend their name of their behalf? Have they told you that they want you to come into this thread and tell us that our voices are falling on deaf ears? Or are you only here entirely self-proclaimed? 

Do you hear the pettiness in these words? The outlandish and childish aggression? You accuse me of attempting to invalidate and then you attack me head on with this abusive language. I don't know why I bother engaging.

im glad i dont waste money or my time on mobile "gaming". in general its silly to expect mobile to have games which compare to one on pc or even console, the only mobile game i saw which really pushed the limits is genshin impact and that is horrible gacha

7 hours ago, --- -.- said:

in general its silly to expect mobile to have games which compare to one on pc or even console, the only mobile game i saw which really pushed the limits is genshin impact and that is horrible gacha

well, this isn't about making mobile version compareable to Pc version though 

I expect a stable producta stable product from a well know, positive reputation game studio no matter what the porduct is

I don't even ask for more content like riding beefalo tbh, just bug fix because sometime, the game is very unstable

if they can't do that then remove the game? this is to prevent people from buying the game in the future because ya know, it's abandoned and unstable

by releasing DSPE+, it shows that:
1) they can and do have the time to fix and update the game

2) backstab people who already bought the game by choose to not update the og version, abanond the game without any announcement

3) backstab Android user even harder by releasing it on Apple Arcade

4) show their laziness by making a "new game" is the same old og version but with small update that came with ton of more bugs

5) Things like this can happen secretly and quietly => no communication between the player and the dev

like seriously, is this the Klei you and I known?

---------------------------------

let me be clear about this

I'm not making this because Klei don't update the game I bought or because the game doesn't meet my expectations

NO, it isn't about that

I create this topic because as you can see, people seem to let this one slide very easily, I know it's just a mobile version of the game, yeah I know some mobile game suck. But if you let them get away with this one, they can do it again, who know? maybe today is DSPE, what if the future is DST itself? other Klei game? their future game?....

I really don't want to bring this up but Tencent, and now this behaviour. Maybe Tencent has something to do with this. If that's the case, then don't buy DSPE+, show them that stuffs like this won't work buy not support it

If you really love klei, you shouldn't encourage this. Want to support them? me too, buy other game from them, skin pack, everything but DSPE+

DS:PE got the QOL update rolled out today on iOS and will be coming to Android next. 

We didn't mention anything because with the way updates roll out on Apple there isn't a real good way to know when they will release. In addition - like I said in the roadmap before - we're working on updates and support for all our platforms and working to get them all in a better place as time and resources permit. We're not going to say "This game will never ever get an update again" because we don't know that to be true. We also don't have any announced plans to add additional content or updates, until we do. 

That being said, DS:PE has 4.4 stars on the appstore and 4.3 on android. It's not perfect, but it's certainly not the disaster you're making it out to be.

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

DS:PE got the QOL update rolled out today on iOS and will be coming to Android next. 

YESSS, This is the Klei I know and love <3

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

We didn't mention anything because with the way updates roll out on Apple there isn't a real good way to know when they will release. In addition - like I said in the roadmap before - we're working on updates and support for all our platforms and working to get them all in a better place as time and resources permit

you shouldn't stay silent like that, communication is a key after all

if you look at this way, you may understand my POV:
- Dev said "working on updates and support for all our platforms and working to get them all in a better place as time and resources permit"

- DSPE hasn't got a single bug fix update despite it conditions in the current stage

- DSPE+ released but only for apple arcade, the game is the same DSPE but with update

- The Dev stays silent before and after DSPE+ released

- the only reply from the dev to bug report is about DSPE+, not DSPE

but it's "fine" now <3 .... yeah.... the no boss spawn bug is still there...

I don't have to tell you that it looks really bad in your side, right? even you not intent to, your actions contradict it

We can't read your mind so you guy need to speak something 

also, you guy don't have to say "this day or that day PE will get an update", we just need to know that you guy are listenling to the bug report and plan to fix them

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

We're not going to say "This game will never ever get an update again" because we don't know that to be true. We also don't have any announced plans to add additional content or updates, until we do. 

to be honest, additional content is not necessary for the game, the only thing the game need is a bug fix 

after that, abandon it as you please 

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

That being said, DS:PE has 4.4 stars on the appstore and 4.3 on android. It's not perfect, but it's certainly not the disaster you're making it out to be.

Um, since you guy are making and selling game mostly on PC so I don't blame you guy for this... but....

you shouldn't use the 4.4 stars, 4.3 stars rating as a way to check your game... :v you guy have a fourm for that version for a reason...
1) alot of them are pretty old...

2) there aren't many review on appstore version and the thing is.. people now day doesn't like or care to make a review on an mobile app....

3) people trust and love you guy, so they don't want to rate it 1 star, there are a 5 stars review about wanting you guy to fix a bug

4) bug in DSPE is weird, some people get it, some dont, and if you get it, it's the same bug the other got so it must be from the game

and bug in DSPE don't happen right away, it happened mid game or late game while other people tend to review a game from the start, if not, they will forget to review the game anyway... :v

here is a few example

image.thumb.png.508b3ffac9981757226e7eb6a4a1f4ce.png

Like seriously,Dont starve total download in play store is very very big,this game is 5 years old and i believe that this game have very strong fanbase and i still donty understand why klei looks like abandoned their game

1 hour ago, Prutchrest said:

Like seriously,Dont starve total download in play store is very very big,this game is 5 years old and i believe that this game have very strong fanbase and i still donty understand why klei looks like abandoned their game

I think because not many speak out about this (or they do but being ignored)

and some just ok with it because "guy, it's just a mobile port" which annoyed me the most.

In my opinion, as long as it is still being sold, Klei still have a responsibility to fix the bug, no big content update is fine but bug fix is a must have 

plus, base on the dev reply above, the "4.4 stars on the appstore and 4.3 on android" might affect their view on the game current stage

Archived