Longest running DST world

Hi,

I couldn't find anything on people showing screenshots of their longest running DST worlds. If there's a previous thread on it, please let me know. If not, let's share screenshots of your longest running world! I'm curious to see how far people go and what stops you from continuing. 

My record so far is nearly 2000 days and I get fps drops when I'm in my base during snowfall. 

20210326010332_1.jpg

I was on my way to 700 days in a world that started as wigfrid and was eventually changed to wurt. There where a lot of first boss kills and a very interesting build I did for my Dfly arena. And then my computer decided to go commit toaster bath.

1 hour ago, KeshS said:

Future_Megabase.png

Seriously, at that point, what is your base--the capitol planet of a Type II Civilization?  We out here terraforming worlds and making Dyson Swarms...  (This picture also reminds me of the "Utopia Future" from "Sims 3:  Into the Future". Yes you can also make a Dystopia.)

Me, I've never gotten anywhere near that far.  The closest I got was Day 613 on my "Camp One-Foot-in-the-Grave" world, which glitched out due to a new code change in the game clashing with a (aesthetic only, as it happened) mod I was using.  I didn't think to take a picture of in on Day 613 'cos at the time I didn't KNOW that was going to be its last, but here's a celebratory Day 600 picture:

day600baby.png.a11454d83ed2037eb7119ac3032fda54.png

The Wilson there then went and made a sign that said something like "It's now Day 600 and I was here on Day 599 so that means I am the best around and nobody's gonna keep me do--" or as much of that as would fit. : P
There was a tradition in that world of making a sign every time I hit a new-to-me milestone.  There was ''day 200,,fun!!'' (written by a guest whose native language wasn't English) "The Day 300 Pie" (which was eaten by a rabbit) I forget what the Day 400 one said, and then "Day 500! Take THAT, forces of darkness!" (written by me, in case you couldn't tell.)

But compared to this...I was only like, maybe a 0.5 on the Kardeshev scale compared to the Day 13,000 world. WOW.
(Why am I using the Kardeshev scale on Don't Starve?  Well I _did_ already make a Civilization-based challenge for DST, so, I figured, why not...)

My longest real-time running world was made in early November 2019, and despite a lot of updates, is SOMEHOW still here in April 2021.

twoshrines.thumb.png.4bafbc41e235d64aa54ca570e0478979.png

(Two Lunar New Year shrines, for two New Years!  :))

...Notorious

3 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

If you are looking for the highest day count in general, Here’s a base tour from someone at almost 13,000 days. Last I checked they actually crossed day 14,000, which was neat to see.

Yup Frodeur is the person y’all looking for when it comes to long lived worlds. If I recall correctly last time I saw him he was way past the 14000 but I don’t want to give any numbers since I don’t remember exactly by how much more.

His world is extremely old, it has glitches that haven’t existed for years now, had all the lunar events shrines up to 2019 at least, which were not forced into the game by changing the event, the world lived all those events!

Also he always said there was someone else who had an even older world than his (and his world is already pretty amazing, all biomes are terraformed to be a part of the base)

My personal DST solo worlds are always around day 1000, that’s when I usually get bored of the place and have done most things I wanted to. I think my solo record was 1500 but I was already spending most of my days collecting items and Idling.

In public endless games I’ve existed for way past 1500 days on 5000 days worlds, those are much more fun. Probably until around day 2000 before getting bored.

19 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

His world is extremely old, it has glitches that haven’t existed for years now, had all the lunar events shrines up to 2019 at least, which were not forced into the game by changing the event, the world lived all those events!

Admittedly this is definitely one of my favorite things about doing/seeing long term worlds. I have my fair share of ridiculous things : P

-I’ve got a bundle of exclusively dead fish. As of the fishing update, it’s impossible to get dead fish, as you can only get “alive” ones/fish morsels, and every other source was changed accordingly. Even catcoons received the change!

-My Wobster/Glass Wobsters were caught by “unnamed donors”, as catching either of those when they came out resulted in them not properly registering the player, and they refer to unnamed donor when there isn’t any tag.

-I have a bunch of old farms/improved farms (I do wish you had the recipes for them still if you made them prior, since I kinda wanted to decorate more with them).

-I have 100’s of copies of the original applied horticulture book.

-My retrofitted grotto wormhole still has the -15 sanity penalty, since that only applied to retrofitted worlds after the change.

-My ocean is entirely square, for similar reasons (the jagged lines was only if your world was generated after the change).

-I currently have a landlocked crab king (which honestly is my favorite, and easily the most exploitive : P). To give context, crab king had a bug where it would respawn on top of a boat if a boat was placed on it. For most people, this meant that you can easily kill it (since breaking a boat kills any non airborne mob, and CK is no exception). However, there was a second and far more exploitive thing you could do: CK’s spawner is also tied to CK itself, meaning if you move it, you move the spawner, too.

It actually took a lot more effort then I expected, since CK causes the boat it’s on to move erratically between the Y axis (which means you drown instantly if you hop on it). This meant I had to push it all the way to it’s intended destination with another boat. The whole process took only 1-2 hours all things considered, but it was absolutely awful while doing it. Worth it, though!

As a side effect, leaving the fight still causes CK to spawn seastacks, which can even end up on land (and don’t even have waves when on land, meaning that might have been intentional at one point?).

Here’s a picture of how it looks when I “fight” it, if you are curious:0EA11E6C-E9F3-4B3F-A732-CC1904F23536.thumb.png.61211b26a73684316aa0866c7767ef13.png

As mentioned, you can’t do this anymore, as CK won’t spawn if there’s a boat on top of it. I mainly use it to grind shell bells for shell beach turf (which I still haven’t finished a project I have with it yet...), and that’s basically about it.

Overall, it’s one of my favorite things about DST on a solo world: you push unintended mechanics to their limits, and see what occurs!

I'm not sure about my grotto wormhole but I _think_ it might still have the sanity debuff, and my ocean is probably square.  I have, however, definitely left my old farms intact and unpicked, as a memento:

dsthappy2021.thumb.png.1485568b7949f0e14fcdbad9748a9702.png

(my most recent picture that I know has them.  : P)

Oh, and the other veggies are from the "Pickle It!" mod...which (as of when I'm writing this) causes the game to glitch when using the RWYS style farming so...I'm just living off all my berry bushes and rabbits and frogs.  But that's okay, there was already more food than just one person needed anyway. Heh.

...Notorious

2 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

image.thumb.png.92aeedbb8786912bb50f67f494e09f2b.png

its not my server but as yoou can see its a random puplic one whit over 2000 days somehow so tahts alot

I've been on that world and I can tell you its admin does shenanigans: apparently he saves server's data every time he de-logs, and when he comes back, loads the previously saved data from when he left even if server has reset in the meanwhile. For instance I've played Wes there for 2 seasons some weeks ago, and when I came back, all my progress was erased (like I haven't even played) when admin loaded his play save. Thus I don't think your example is a valid reference.

Regarding longest-running "legit" servers I've been on, I believe some community one with 3k+ days or the like; don't remember as for me such "feat" seems pointless: one can survive indefinitely without "gargantuan" effort & only creativity and/or boredom may yeet your progress at that time. Anyone past beginner-intermediate phase can achieve it, more-so if cautious and/or ignoring boss fights.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

but then why is he not doin a private game? like if he just resets everything then whats the point of that bein puplic?

Try to contact said admin and ask, I have no idea. There are a lot of weird behaviors out there, counter to common logical sense. On par with people making open personal servers, "All welcomed!" in description, and the moment you log onto their server, you're kicked/banned without a word (no, is not about people not knowing how to set a password or too lazy to restart server for setting one, and just kicking newcomers).

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I've been on that world and I can tell you its admin does shenanigans: apparently he saves server's data every time he de-logs, and when he comes back, loads the previously saved data from when he left even if server has reset in the meanwhile

What I did to prevent “griefing resets” is to remove voting altogether: Make the server always have an admin around, an active discord, and see what happens.

The people that plays there are usually about the same 10-12 people anyway, but we like to leave it open because sometimes many newcomers join the group, while others leave. So there is a constant flow of people that always keeps a healthy population.

The admins usually reset once we all sort of agree the world got boring for most of the usuals.

It would be nice though, If Klei added new options to the dedicated servers, like removing voting of reset but still letting votekick and vote rollback to be allowed.

1 hour ago, Gi-Go said:

65,536 days is highest possble day count. After that, days reset to 1. 

It would be 8,7K hours on that world alone, almost an entire real life year spent in the game.

Makes me feel like a rookie for having 2-3K hours on dst entirely.

12 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What I did to prevent “griefing resets” is to remove voting altogether: Make the server always have an admin around, an active discord, and see what happens.

The people that plays there are usually about the same 10-12 people anyway, but we like to leave it open because sometimes many newcomers join the group, while others leave. So there is a constant flow of people that always keeps a healthy population.

The admins usually reset once we all sort of agree the world got boring for most of the usuals.

It would be nice though, If Klei added new options to the dedicated servers, like removing voting of reset but still letting votekick and vote rollback to be allowed.

Making server Endless would solve part of the issue.

Btw, you should probably tell the folks there, as a regular, they shouldn't plant 8-10 Spider Nests 1-screen-away close main base, "managing" to neglect afterwards; also 20-30 Bulbous Lightbugs in middle of "basuki" coupled with the 20-or-so Grass Gekkos and a ton of objects (tools, weapons, clothing) on ground doesn't bode well for that server's connectivity/stability - at all. While I was clapping my Wes's buttcheeks in Ruins (no pun intended, sic) all people outside kicked vigorously the bucket from spoderinos and/or cuddly Bear. When I've popped outside, and saw server's red bar of doom & despair (I still green), all my Klaus soloing thoughts went away with the poof of a balloon - and realized what was going on with the previous chaps' death competition. Oh well, EU really is in dire need of good, healthy community Endless servers, moderated ones. Only "Mighty Beard" stands tall and trimmed, but resets rather quickly/frequently (1k days yet is being played almost non-stop).

6 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

Overall, it’s one of my favorite things about DST on a solo world: you push unintended mechanics to their limits, and see what occurs!

Yeah, my long-term world also has their fair share of weird stuff/bugs/exclusive stuff. I have a day 1000 celebratory statue that was supposed to be a Fuelweaver statue, but switched to a Pawn due to a bug that they fixed later, which made it way cooler imo. I also have a nice patch of old farm plots that you can't make anymore. "They don't make these anymore, son."

I'm almost at 7000 in my world at the moment, I think I'm at around 6880.

I've been meaning to make a short video tour of my world including all my shrines, setups, farms etc. I'm on ps4 and I'm a massive hoarder and like to keep things compact so it isn't anything spectacular but I'm very proud of it. 

Hopefully I can do so soon.

Archived