Shipwrecked: huge boats from the other world.

Although Don't Starve has been dropped, I recently rediscovered the joy of playing Shipwrecked. It had some pretty cool content, and some great mechanics that are having a lot of fun for me. I regret only one thing from Return of Them: the giant boats. Objectively, it are much more convenient to have a small floating base with all the necessary facilities and resources. Shipwrecked boats are so small...
I'm not good with codes, would it be possible to integrate Return of Them boats inside Shipwrecked? It would give the DLC a new youth.

image.thumb.png.0f54c999970f417d14260425f46b27e0.png

I think Island Adventures was planning on adding RoT support but they shut down development, so maybe someone else will pick it up in their place?

Not sure if they gave up waiting for RoT to be completed since it kept bugging out their mod with each new update, or because Zark left development, or a combination of things like that.

RoT boats in Island Adventures is probably the closest thing we may get to your request. Adding RoT boats to Shipwrecked itself would probably be a massive nightmare.

5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

[we want sw boats in dst]

[we want dst boats in sw]

Damn, choose one already!

Yes.

Actually I would rather other stuff from Shipwrecked come and fill out the DST oceany side of things a bit more, such as coral, bioluminescence, palm trees, those cool sea-serpent shadow creatures and Walani, but I'd take boats that look like boats as a decent start.

...Notorious

I know!  I just recently found out about that too.  It's sad, because I had used that mod a fair few times and would like to be able to in the future...but if they're not updating it any more, it's just a matter of time before a new game code tweak makes Island Adventures crash/not load your server...and it might've happened already.

Spoiler

For those of you on console--this is the REAL problem with mods.  A lot of the time you get attached to the new gameplay or look they offer and then suddenly bam!  You not only can't use that mod anymore--you can't use that _world_ anymore.  For example, my own longest-run world so far (in terms of game days) was stopped not because I died with no resurrection stuff around, but because a mod's code clashed with the new-at-the-time-game code.  A dev tried to help me with it and everything.

So, when a mod you liked stops updating entirely while the GAME still continues to...yeah, it's on its last legs. 

I guess I should bust out The Tropical Experience again, as it's been a while since I tried that one?  I don't think Klei is gonna put the cookieboats in actual Shipwrecked any time soon--that one's pretty much considered finished.  Although it would make sense with how you can make ocean bases there now...

...Notorious

one of the reason why boat sucks in DST (in my opinion) not only because of how slow it is, it also because of the world generation

when I use Tropical Experience the first time, even with SW boat, I was still bored when I go to the ocean, I couldn't have the fun like when I played SW.

but when I change the mod config to make the world generate each biome into a separate island, IT WAS FUN.

at that point,  I immediately realized what was the problem with DST's ocean content

-----------------------------------------------

ocean boss, and mob in DST sucks too because it was created to target the boat 

the one that not target your boat is just anoying because you are stuck in you small "arena" (your boat).

In SW, when you use the boat, you and the boat is a same entity, making the combat on the ocean feel just like the combat on land

and when you die, you feel and know that it was your fault for not dodge in time, that it's your kiting skill isn't good enough.

But in DST, you feel like being cheated, that the fight is unfair because you constantly have to fix your pathetic boat and too slow to dodge anything or because the boat is too small for you to kite a large number of mobs that gonna jump on and attack you 

15 hours ago, Cheggf said:

When did they say this?

I can't give you an exact quote, but it's pretty obvious. They didn't even finish Hamlet with the stuff they said they'd add. Last update to singleplayer was the one that dialed down gunpowder and lightning 

1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

I can't give you an exact quote, but it's pretty obvious. They didn't even finish Hamlet with the stuff they said they'd add. Last update to singleplayer was the one that dialed down gunpowder and lightning 

So because they abandoned Hamlet that means they abandoned the entire game?

20 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

So because they abandoned Hamlet that means they abandoned the entire game?

pretty much. What would they do? it's obvious that they are focusing on DST

And again, there wasn't a single update in forever. While technically possible, it is very unlikely that they'll return to it. It's a job well done, a finished product

Although they have said that they'll fix big bugs with some ports, so maaaaayyyybe

4 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I can't give you an exact quote, but it's pretty obvious. They didn't even finish Hamlet with the stuff they said they'd add.

What did they say they'd add to Hamlet and then failed to deliver? As far as I know the closest thing is that they mentioned "new seasonal content" in the Hamlet roadmap iirc, which people got really really hyped up over and then were (somewhat reasonably) disappointed upon finding out it was just bramble blooms, craftable dense turf, the root trunk, and the vortex cloak.

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

And again, there wasn't a single update in forever. While technically possible, it is very unlikely that they'll return to it. It's a job well done, a finished product

DS has never focused on constant content updates like DST, it's always been big DLCs that get updates until they're finished and then set aside for a long time until something new comes in. Lack of updates isn't really evidence of anything imo, because Hamlet seems finished in their eyes, and so there's no DLC to update.

20 hours ago, Cheggf said:

When did they say this?

The closest is this quote from the DS Steam community...
image.png.024b72e99e199245dfb2ce816564addc.png
In which JoeW also says they've been "done" with the game since Reign of Giants. So, it doesn't really mean much imo.

I'm not 100% sure they'll return to DS (as much as I'd love see it), but I don't think there's any evidence they won't that couldn't be applied to the game directly after RoG, or directly after SW.

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

pretty much. What would they do? it's obvious that they are focusing on DST

Although they have said that they'll fix big bugs with some ports, so maaaaayyyybe

There wasn't a single update in forever? That's been the case for every single DLC release. 1 year between base game & RoG, 2 years between RoG & SW, 3 years between SW & HAM, 2 years between HAM & now.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would go against this is the Home Sea Home update a year after SW's release, but that would still put 2 years between a major update and HAM which is how long ago HAM released.

You only think it's obvious that they're focusing on DST and have abandoned DSA because DST gets small patches frequently while DSA gets large expansions rarely. I don't think there's anything unusual about the cadence of DSA updates. They might be done with it, they might not, but there's been no definitive evidence given either way so I think speaking in absolutes is ungood.

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

What did they say they'd add to Hamlet and then failed to deliver? As far as I know the closest thing is that they mentioned "new seasonal content" in the Hamlet roadmap iirc

You answered your own question.

They straight out lied, I thought people had been over this already.

10 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

You answered your own question.

They straight out lied, I thought people had been over this already.

I immediately go on to list the seasonal content which they did add. Again, people were reasonably disappointed, however Klei did not say they were adding anything specific to the seasons that they then didn't add.

31 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I immediately go on to list the seasonal content which they did add. Again, people were reasonably disappointed, however Klei did not say they were adding anything specific to the seasons that they then didn't add.

So, they just intentionally mislead people and get to escape through a loophole because of the technicality of their wording. 

Cool.

Such horse ****, we all know they canceled development and have left game corrupting bugs in for several years.

Promising more seasonal content, then adding one bit in the form of bramble blooms is not excusable.

Im adding new bosses in my next update.

Actually, im just modifying already existing bosses. But that's technically a new boss, right guys?

3 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

So, they just intentionally mislead people and get to escape through a loophole because of the technicality of their wording. 

Cool.

Such horse ****, we all know they canceled development and have left game corrupting bugs in for several yeara.

If you're going to be arguing in bad faith then there's really no point in us continuing.

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

If you're going to be arguing in bad faith then there's really no point in us continuing.

Im pointing out lies Klei has peddled, and that giving them excuses is nonsense.

Defending them based on such flimsy technicallities doesn't solve anything, when you promise more seasonal content, and deliver precisely one small, insignificant singular piece of content to one season, thats called being misleading. Seasonal challenges, meanwhile, got no additions, so that was just a lie.

They just pretend Hamlet never happened, they wont talk about it, and leave the single player game full of game breaking errors, with no updates in sight years later.

Hamlet literally just released for Xbox, I’ve barely played it but it certainly feels like I got 4.99$ worth out of it.

If they never add more content to it or if they cancel all bug fixes for it I’m fine with that.

I would love to see DST rightfully be the main focus of all their development anyway or perhaps a new DS2 with Multiplayer capabilities... either way it’s hard to go back to the old and outdated DS Solo once you’ve played with custom skins, updated characters and a group of actual friends.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hamlet literally just released for Xbox, I’ve barely played it but it certainly feels like I got 4.99$ worth out of it.

If they never add more content to it or if they cancel all bug fixes for it I’m fine with that.

I would love to see DST rightfully be the main focus of all their development anyway or perhaps a new DS2 with Multiplayer capabilities... either way it’s hard to go back to the old and outdated DS Solo once you’ve played with custom skins, updated characters and a group of actual friends.

How is this related to the thread?

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Without any context or background, Hamlet is not a bad DLC on its own, but if you take all the things Klei said, did and didn't into equation, it really feels unfinished.

Even Hamlet Soundtrack is missing from Soundtrack DLC, but new DS Together trailers tracks have been added.

Archived