Shipwrecked: huge boats from the other world.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:12 AM, DaZoul said:

I can't give you an exact quote, but it's pretty obvious. They didn't even finish Hamlet with the stuff they said they'd add. Last update to singleplayer was the one that dialed down gunpowder and lightning 

im pretty sure after RoT finished DS is going to be focused on for a while, and even if they don't you shouldn't pull **** out of your ass and act like its undeniably truth, when they are done with DS they will say they are done with DS

20 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

im pretty sure after RoT finished DS is going to be focused on for a while, and even if they don't you shouldn't pull **** out of your ass and act like its undeniably truth, when they are done with DS they will say they are done with DS

What did he pull out of his back? The fact the last update for singleplayer Don't Starve included only minor lighting tweaks? You can check it for yourself here.

Are you guys comparing when this game (DS solo) was last updated based only on PC update notes or.. are you also checking Playstation, Xbox & most recently Nintendo Switch?

Klei is still doing “things” for DS Solo including but not limited to: adding fences, fence gates and the ability to tame Beefalo to the single player game.

Now for the record: I beat their 5 chapter Adventures mode long before they added the ability to tame a Beefalo- But surely the people working at Klei have to be sitting in some executive office or nice comfy home office thinking “Hey you know... maybe adding tameable Beefalo to the single player game might make that Adventures mode break?”

What I don’t understand as a player is why they are wasting time, resources & probably even unintentionally breaking challenges of their game.. by even updating DS Solo anymore at all.

As a console gamer I can say with absolute certainty that most game companies simply do not just continue adding content to their older games, they simply move on and focus on the newest or better projects.

And maybe this is just my own personal biased opinion here: but DST is that bigger newer better project- they make profit off players buying the game, buying skins, and buying the game for their Friends..

DS Solo you only pay the price of admission and maybe a DLC or two, your not buying skins every other month or full copies of the game for your buddies to join you.

Focus on what can have the larger fanbase, draw in more players & bring you the most profit.

I am personally baffled why they even bothered adding fences, gates and Beefalo taming to DS Solo when for over half a decade- it was designed to work without it.

And NOW challenges like having to drop your backpack and wear some armor to get past a tightly secured enemy chokehold point will become completely irrelevant with the help of Beefalo.

Beefalo taming in DST makes sense because at the time of this post there’s only a Sandbox mode there’s no carefully designed 5 chapter quest with bridge chokehold points where the ONLY way to pass will be to drop your backpacks & suit up with some armor.

I can’t begin to stress how many times I’ve failed Completing Adventures mode because I was unable to recover my belongings after dropping them to pass through.

I imagine this task just got infinitely easier if I can just tame some Beefalo and charge right on through.

My entire point of this TL:DR post is Klei is continuing to actually change DS Solo & update it when well.. maybe they shouldn’t? 
But- what do I know? I’m just some guy who plays their games, their the ones making them & have actual jobs & careers on the line.

3 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

...? Well someone's had a bad day

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now for the record: I beat their 5 chapter Adventures mode long before they added the ability to tame a Beefalo- But surely the people working at Klei have to be sitting in some executive office or nice comfy home office thinking “Hey you know... maybe adding tameable Beefalo to the single player game might make that Adventures mode break?”

Ah yes, because taming 5 beefalos every 10+ precious days is a valid strategy with no issues at all.

Archived