[Game Update] - 454967

• Developer

Hey all, lots of fixes, revisions and tweaks in anticipation of these changes going live on Thursday. Thanks for all the feedback, we really love reading about your discoveries and watching your playthroughs!

Changes

• Duplicants no longer continually reduce their Absorbed Rad Dose, instead cleansing their rads in large amounts while peeing or vomiting.
  • Adjust radiation sickness tuning. Duplicants no longer vomit at the minor sickness level.
  • Increase Radbolt Generator power consumption.
  • Adjusted radiation profile for crushed, crashed, wrecked satellites.
  • Adjusted Radbolt radiation emission and radioactive contaminant drop rate.
  • Reduced the amount of ore that Beetas deliver, made Beeta Hives more efficient at converting.
  • Beetas, Beetinys & Beeta Hives now drop Nuclear Waste filled with Radioactive Contaminants on death.
  • Reduced Beeta move speed.
  • Uranium ore and Depleted Uranium elements are now categorized as metals.
  • Increased Depleted Uranium radiation shielding power.
  • Adjusted temperature ranges the Saturn Critter Trap and Tranquil Toes plants are comfortable at.
  • Hatch falling animation revisions.
  • Added Beetiny sounds.
  • Duplicant Radiation sickness art revisions.
  • Added Orbital Research Station Duplicant interact sounds.
  • Duplicant interact sounds for the Decontamination Shower.
  • Audio mix improvements on Uranium Centrifuge.
  • New Radiation Sensor art + sounds.
  • Enriched Uranium and Depleted Uranium ore chunk art hookup
  • Updated UI art for the Conductive Wire Bridge
  • Updated Korean and Chinese translations

Fixes

• Fixed Hatches floating in the air after being wrangled while burrowed.
  • Saturn Critter Trap no longer traps critters when in the wilting state.
  • Fixed art bugs on Liquid Oxidizer Tank
  • Only Beetinys evolve into Beeta Hives.
  • Fixed issue causing Beetas to sometimes sleep midair.
  • The "Elderly" status item is now added when a creature has less than 10% of its lifespan remaining instead of a hard coded 5 cycles.
  • Telescope indicators once again show on the starmap.
  • Beeta Hives will now die if the tiles that are supporting them are dug up/ removed.
  • Removed "Wildness" modifiers from the Beeta and Beetiny because they can not be tamed.
  • Hid the Beeta Hive's calorie information as it would be with any other wild creature.
  • Beetas no longer wake up to attack duplicants.
  • Beetas now pause the wing loop sound when sleeping.

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 2

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fixes

• Beetas no longer wake up to attack duplicants

:anonymous::frown-new::lol:

14 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Hmm... Radioactive pee.

image.thumb.png.e00cb8c7868e55bbb2570bada151956b.png

Perhaps broken buildings could release all stored radiation :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hatch falling animation revisions.

Does that also mean...

11 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fixed Hatches floating in the air after being wrangled while burrowed.

Yay!! :victorious:

...but...

...are you sure..?:sad:

Spoiler

Because it seems hatches still teleport to a tile to the right and get buried there...

image.png.4aaa053ea426faaae4956b43c1bdd8ea.png 

Needy sw 129 hatch.sav

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Duplicants no longer continually reduce their Absorbed Rad Dose, instead cleansing their rads in large amounts while peeing or vomiting.

I hope they will be singing Frank Zappa - Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?

The Basic Rad Pill seems to reduce their Absorbed Rad Dose. My Duplicant started with 0/cycle and after eating the Basic Rad Pill it went to -100/cycle and was cleansed shortly; they did not have to pee or vomit.

Should we get some kind of "Potential Rejuvenation" or "Natural Rejuvenation" so we know how much will be cleansed the next time a Duplicant is peeing or vomiting or should this be part of the calculation on the Duplicants Properties - Radiation Absorption? 

Duplicant Radiation sickness art revisions.

I suppose I'll have to change my profile picture.  I have such fond memories from the first days of Radiation sickness.

Edited by Sigmok
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Hmm... Radioactive pee.

Now that I think about it, the food poisoning germs on the pee will probably cancel out the radioactive germs, if they are even on the pee. It probably also indirectly buff dupes with small bladders.

48 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Uranium ore and Depleted Uranium elements are now categorized as metals.
  • Increased Depleted Uranium radiation shielding power.

This sounds awesome, is it a building material for metal tiles? Can anyone confirm?

Is DU in refined metal category? And uranium in metal ores?

51 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

The "Elderly" status item is now added when a creature has less than 10% of its lifespan remaining instead of a hard coded 5 cycles.

Can we get a relativistic measure on the hatchling/fry/tiny baby side as well?

39 minutes ago, Sigmok said:

I suppose I'll have to change my profile picture.  I have such fond memories from the first days of Radiation sickness.

I find it perfect :) Life without the funny, the bizarre and the comedy...Could be boring :confused: I'm writing so diplomatic because they beamed me to Orion666RADwar and I'm running away from a horde of wild Beetas and Bbbbbbtinies, they are so fast...I'm running on all system threads !

Edited by babba

Duplicants no longer continually reduce their Absorbed Rad Dose, instead cleansing their rads in large amounts while peeing or vomiting.

Sounds like a very good change, thanks!

• Like 2

now it was interesting, the radiation used to do nothing and didn´t give any risk to the duplicants
now they lose the radiation just by pissing and vomiting it changes things a lot. i was just 
wondering if radioactive contaminant germers are going to be a bigger risk or not?

and if the radiation (rad) will decrase more slowly? because in a few cycles the contaminated area
is already clean again, i want to mess with the nuclear reactor and be afraid of expliding, and
not that after 5 cycles everthing is normal again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MoMuffins said:

Where is mention of Radbolt generator power increase from 120 to 480W ???!

This line used to be fine and now it is overloaded!

Radbolt generator power up.png

Maybe I have no popular opinion, but I find the power change increase adequate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GOLD3871 said:

now it was interesting, the radiation used to do nothing and didn´t give any risk to the duplicants
now they lose the radiation just by pissing and vomiting it changes things a lot. i was just
wondering if radioactive contaminant germers are going to be a bigger risk or not?
and if the radiation (rad) will decrase more slowly? because in a few cycles the contaminated area
is already clean again, i want to mess with the nuclear reactor and be afraid of expliding, and
not that after 5 cycles everthing is normal again.

+100 Sievert...I like :encouragement:

Game settings, Klei making everything cute...All cool, but perhaps give the "average" player some fear with the bees and the reactors - Even in the "No sweat" mode. In my opinion "Radiation should make me think twice before I do something". Maybe the general germs could also get a slight difficulty upgrade in the "No sweat" mode as some forum players had posted comments about germ difficulty in the past.

As idea - Maybe also create 4 big difficulty selection graphics in a really nice, good looking screen:

Tin, Bronze, Silver and Gold.

The current detail difficulty selections could also remain, as refinements, for further world generation player choices.

Currently I find the presentation ( and ( possible endgame) player gratification ) of messing around in the difficulty settings underwhelming.

image.png.d9b87b809a9ff63fa65e96c58b0e635a.png Me thinking about myself...Must be ONi love.

image.thumb.png.848666512842da9e1acd36a1df8ca35d.png@JoeW Posters with 500,1000,2000,5000,10000 and 1 Million forum points could get a special forum title :confused:

I would like to have "Cosmo Kramer" as profile sub title if possible. :whistle:

Maybe you can offer text profile title choices associated with point amounts in the forum user profiles, that would be sweet. :p

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Hmm. Where is the research item for the Decontamination Shower? 

Still not there apparently, it was indeed missing prior to this patch. Will it need a bug report? Will time tell? Will BatDupe be able to solve it?

• Haha 2