Klaus Spawn Removals - Advice required

Greetings! I want to start removing all of my Klaus Spawners in my world except for one. I know that you can block them after you are shown the exact location of each with certain structures and just wanted to see if someone was knowledgeable on this subject. I am aware I should have done this during Winters Feast when Klaus has a spawn timer of 20 days regardless of season.... at least each in game year after his fight I can slowly remove one at a time.

So what I want to know is what exactly you need to block his spawners? Will a statue do the Job? I just killed him and got a copy of his sketch, I was thinking that I could keep using this same sketch and rebuilding Potters Wheels each time I am about to fight him so I can place a statue on his spawner after unlocking the loot stash. Potters Wheels are fairly cheap and you get most of it back and the sketch after hammering it so this seems like both a nice decorative and somewhat simple solution. What other structures work to block Loot Stash Spawn points?

A big problem however is that many of my Loot Stash spawn points are in my Mosaic Biome where there are meteor storms. Is there anything I can place that won't be destroyed by Meteors? Will statues be destroyed by Meteors?

If there is nothing safe to place that will both block spawn points and survive hits from Meteors I might instead simply block all my deciduous spawn points and that way I at least know he will only appear in the Mosaic...

I think any structure works, like a firepit.

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

A big problem however is that many of my Loot Stash spawn points are in my Mosaic Biome where there are meteor storms. Is there anything I can place that won't be destroyed by Meteors?

I think a statue might work but I also think meteors only occur if there's a player nearby so you can just not go over there.

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

A big problem however is that many of my Loot Stash spawn points are in my Mosaic Biome where there are meteor storms. Is there anything I can place that won't be destroyed by Meteors? Will statues be destroyed by Meteors?

If there is nothing safe to place that will both block spawn points and survive hits from Meteors I might instead simply block all my deciduous spawn points and that way I at least know he will only appear in the Mosaic...

14 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I think a statue might work but I also think meteors only occur if there's a player nearby so you can just not go over there.

Didn't worked for me, anything I placed was destroyed by Meteors, no matter if I'm present in the area or not... Mosaic simply became my Klaus arena and thats it :wilson_cry:

10 minutes ago, Radinora said:

Didn't worked for me, anything I placed was destroyed by Meteors, no matter if I'm present in the area or not... Mosaic simply became my Klaus arena and thats it :wilson_cry:

Thanks for letting me know, I guess I'll just make the mosaic my Klaus area, there are some safe spots in the mosaic away from meteors so at least I can narrow it down to a few specific areas. 

2 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

What about Suspicious Marbles? You might also be able to get away with putting a Beefalo on top of one; last I checked I think they regen health.

All my Suspicious Marble is gone as I've done the Shadow Pieces event, unless you mean Suspicious Statues from the Moon Stone Event. Pretty sure the Hound/Pig Statues (its a lot of effort and resources to teleport them where you want as well..) would get destroyed by meteors though since you can just pick axe them for moon rock?

Beefalo is interesting, could always make a herd at a spawn point but I'm pretty sure it has to be player built structures specifically to shut down a spawn point. Also I think I have too many Beefalo herds in my world now thanks to YotB =P

5 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I would try walls. They will get damaged but I think at least will stay in form "0 hp". 

from the wiki it say:
"A meteor can act as an axe, shovel, pickaxe or hammer; a small meteor impact would equate to 1 swing from these tools to each object in the impact area, while a medium meteor would equate to 2 swings, and a large meteor would equate to 20 swings."
so I don't think it will work

4 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

So what I want to know is what exactly you need to block his spawners?

When spawning the loot stash, the game goes through each Klaus spawner, and spawns the loot stash at the first one it finds that has no structures in a 5 units radius and no players in a 35 units radius. If it can't find a valid location, it instead spawns the loot stash at whichever spawner has the least structures.

So, yeah, you'll need to place a structure where the sack was after opening it, so most of the suggestions in this thread (including a beefalo?????) won't work at all. For your meteor problem I'd recommend catapults! They regenerate HP over time, but are considered structures by the game, so will properly block the loot stash from spawning.

40 minutes ago, MikoFanboy said:

what about Clay Varg, Clay Hound (the statue version)

i believe they are unbreakable in their statue form 

you can use mod to change the event for now but in the next QoL update, you won't need mod

image.thumb.png.2fb206642dc9444d9cc13480ca3ec34f.png

On Console so I can't change the event. Might be possible in the upcoming update though!!

22 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

On a side note, is there a set number of spawn points for the loot stash? If so, how many are there in a world?

Not sure of an exact number but I have like 5 or 6 Spawn points in my Deciduous Biome and like 8 or so in my Mosaic Biome.

1 minute ago, Sunset Skye said:

When spawning the loot stash, the game goes through each Klaus spawner, and spawns the loot stash at the first one it finds that has no structures in a 5 units (walls) radius and no players in a 35 units radius. If it can't find a valid location, it instead spawns the loot stash at whichever spawner has the least structures.

So, yeah, you'll need to place a structure where the sack was after opening it, so most of the suggestions in this thread (including a beefalo?????) won't work at all. For your meteor problem I'd recommend catapults! They regenerate HP over time, but are considered structures by the game, so will properly block the loot stash from spawning.

Statues should work (they're player built structures right?) for the Deciduous Biome yeah? Interesting suggestion re Catapults! Best idea yet but they would look a bit weird and out of place just sitting in the middle of nowhere... hmmmm..

10 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Statues should work (they're player built structures right?) for the Deciduous Biome yeah?

You'd think so, but sadly no. The spawners identify structures via the "structure" tag, which statues don't have. There's no way to know what does and doesn't have the structure tag without datamining, so it's understandably a bit confusing.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

When spawning the loot stash, the game goes through each Klaus spawner, and spawns the loot stash at the first one it finds that has no structures in a 5 units radius and no players in a 35 units radius. If it can't find a valid location, it instead spawns the loot stash at whichever spawner has the least structures.

I didn't know about the player proximity part, this explains Klaus choosing random spots to break instead of the one I was waiting by, that confused me.

Any "structure" works in theory, I used firepits/signs. The cheaper options basically, the ones in the mosaic might get smashed when you're passing by, it never happened to me off screen btw; but it's not that common and you just rebuild it anyway, signs are nice because you'll find the mats there in case it's destroyed. 

Catapults sounds like a very good suggestion, I didn't think about it. Personally I don't care how the mosaic looks anyway, since i can't build there, and once the spawners are blocked I never plan to go there again.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

You'd think so, but sadly no. The spawners identify structures via the "structure" tag, which statues don't have. There's no way to know what does and doesn't have the structure tag without datamining, so it's understandably a bit confusing.

Ah this sucks D: I was looking forward to the Klaus Statues throughout Deciduous to block him.. I already set up the first one. I guess in the end I'll just have to go with Firepits.... lame. Thanks for the clarification!

30 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I didn't know about the player proximity part, this explains Klaus choosing random spots to break instead of the one I was waiting by, that confused me.

Any "structure" works in theory, I used firepits/signs. The cheaper options basically, the ones in the mosaic might get smashed when you're passing by, it never happened to me off screen btw; but it's not that common and you just rebuild it anyway, signs are nice because you'll find the mats there in case it's destroyed. 

Catapults sounds like a very good suggestion, I didn't think about it. Personally I don't care how the mosaic looks anyway, since i can't build there, and once the spawners are blocked I never plan to go there again.

I have definitely come back to the mosaic to find my various structures destroyed, I had Fire pits placed NEAR each Klaus spawn to assist with the battle (keeping a thermal stone nice and hot throughout the fight and providing light at night) from long ago and certain ones in the mosaic just never last thanks to meteors.

Looks like I'll just have to go with Firepits in the end.

I use my Mosaic for charcoal - safe place to light as many trees on fire as I want without risk of anything important both player made or natural to burn and I also have some random decorative stuff set up and some Merm houses built on the swap turf. Its definitely not as important as pretty much any other biome though.

3 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I have definitely come back to the mosaic to find my various structures destroyed, I had Fire pits placed NEAR each Klaus spawn to assist with the battle (keeping a thermal stone nice and hot throughout the fight and providing light at night) from long ago and certain ones in the mosaic just never last thanks to meteors.

I don't think meteor showers happen if the area is not loaded. Can anyone confirm/infirm if this is the case? Some of my structures did get destroyed when i got to them, but it seemed to happen only when there was also a shower going on when i got there/right before. That while I have structures standing in the field for over 3k days in areas that I never pass by anymore.

4 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I don't think meteor showers happen if the area is not loaded. Can anyone confirm/infirm if this is the case? Some of my structures did get destroyed when i got to them, but it seemed to happen only when there was also a shower going on when i got there/right before. That while I have structures standing in the field for over 3k days in areas that I never pass by anymore.

I can confirm. I haven't visited mosaic for a default game year, not even passed by. I decided to leave some gear for next Klaus fight and all the stuff that I left here were gone. Meteors have no mercy :wilson_cry:

6 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

For your meteor problem I'd recommend catapults! They regenerate HP over time, but are considered structures by the game, so will properly block the loot stash from spawning.

Wow I'm gonna try that, thanks!

I think the spawn points just move don't they?  Plus I've seen Klaus not spawn at all if spawn points are blocked   so honestly I would say it's just best to mark them with turf   and go check each winter   unless you live in the deciduous biome 

6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Ah this sucks D: I was looking forward to the Klaus Statues throughout Deciduous to block him.. I already set up the first one. I guess in the end I'll just have to go with Firepits.... lame. Thanks for the clarification!

You can build the potter wheel and the Klaus statue without moving it. Just let it on top, the game should still consider the potter as a structure and you have your Klaus decoration.

3 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

I think the spawn points just move don't they?  Plus I've seen Klaus not spawn at all if spawn points are blocked   so honestly I would say it's just best to mark them with turf   and go check each winter   unless you live in the deciduous biome 

Nope they don't move, that's for sure. I have heard of a bug happening if all his spawns are blocked that he doesn't spawn at all, but it never happened to me, and I have him locked for a very long time.

Archived