[Game Update] - (BETA) 452902

• Developer

Changes

• Oceanfish and Wobster den world generation options should now be more impactful

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug causing the player to keep trying to craft something after releasing the crafting button.
  • Fixed the Chesspieces world generation option not generating more chess pieces.
    • Because chess pieces have no native biome this uses a new system to randomly place clusters of chesspieces in the world, if the settings feels to high or low please let me know.
  • Fixed spilagmite world generation image.
  • Fixed action holding not working as a client.

View full update

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Fixed a bug causing the player to keep trying to craft something after releasing the crafting button.

Literally happening to me on-stream the moment you dropped this patch.

Thank you.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

14 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Changes

• Oceanfish and Wobster den world generation options should now be more impactful

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Chesspieces world generation option not generating more chess pieces.
    • Because chess pieces have no native biome this uses a new system to randomly place clusters of chesspieces in the world, if the settings feels to high or low please let me know.
  • Fixed spilagmite world generation image.
  • Fixed action holding not working as a client.

View full update

For the Giants in the caves/ruins, will the Ancient Guardian and Ancient Fuelweaver be implemented as well to the list?

2 hours ago, ViCiOuS-V. said:

For the Giants in the caves/ruins, will the Ancient Guardian and Ancient Fuelweaver be implemented as well to the list?

I can understand why they aren't visiting them is purely optional, and how would "more" and "lots" of Fuelweavers work? It could be funny, but not really lore-accurate, if you get what I mean

• Like 1

Just now, DaZoul said:

I can understand why they aren't visiting them is purely optional, and how would "more" and "lots" of Fuelweavers work? It could be funny, but not really lore-accurate, if you get what I mean

Probably would just lower the cooldown of the Ancient Gateway after its been activated, just like other bosses.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Probably would just lower the cooldown of the Ancient Gateway after its been activated, just like other bosses.

I mean, I guess that'd work for Fuelweaver, but still n reason for the Guardian one to exist

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Fixed the Chesspieces world generation option not generating more chess pieces.

I'm not personally a fan of how the setting works currently. Clockworks generating everywhere looks sort of out of place.

My personal suggestion would be to take set pieces that currently spawn in the world and give them more clockworks depending on the setting. This would include setpieces that already have clockworks and ones that don't. Imagine this set piece for example:

image.thumb.png.de5c4720ab151a05b30f400c61519ae2.png

I think it could be reconfigured so that there's more clockworks in a specific layout depending on the setting.

• Like 2

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I'm not personally a fan of how the setting works currently. Clockworks generating everywhere looks sort of out of place.

My personal suggestion would be to take set pieces that currently spawn in the world and give them more clockworks depending on the setting. This would include setpieces that already have clockworks and ones that don't. Imagine this set piece for example:

image.thumb.png.de5c4720ab151a05b30f400c61519ae2.png

I think it could be reconfigured so that there's more clockworks in a specific layout depending on the setting.

Unfortunately, we do not have the data at worldgen to be able to do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 5

4 hours ago, Notecja said:

I miss marble biome from DS.

I don’t want to make the Developers angry by wanting “too much” from them & their games, but personally: I wish they would inject the game with a lot more life, color & personality.. you are Correct that the Marble Biome is missing in DST... but what’s NOT Missing is a Vignette showcasing said Marble Biome.

280F4FE4-2253-490F-B7C0-0ACC2D1E9CB2.thumb.png.14bdcec1e85c3f608a14769e8fbf2079.png

And it’s like this for A lot of things: The Vignettes show this beautiful world with lots of things that as of right now: Aren’t actually in the game.. this marble biome is just the On Topic example.. but there are many many many others that all I can do is look at and wish scenery like that actually existed within game.

I got lucky with this one:

7038BB20-C4A3-4A5B-856E-178E7CFC1F69.thumb.png.9dc637fd5ad99e72b3fee0d9172e3506.png

because the most recent skin pack actually gave me these types of metal gothic fences I can now craft.

But there’s so many others. :wilson_cry: