It's about damn time :D

SpoonyBardIV

3 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

is that @JoeW wiping his tears with all the money he got from Tencent?

Yes.

they meant DS for ports, not even sure the entire DS line of games for ports or just DLCs

Right... I've forgot that Don't Starve is like that abandoned and mistreated child that doesn't get anymore attention.

2 hours ago, Roosev said:

Yes.

Right... I've forgot that Don't Starve is like that abandoned and mistreated child that doesn't get anymore attention.

Hamlet didn't come out THAT long ago. It should go without saying the devs are focused on DST, but we aren't any in any different of a state we were in the same amount of time after Shipwrecked came out, which got an update not to long after.

46 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Hamlet didn't come out THAT long ago. It should go without saying the devs are focused on DST, but we aren't any in any different of a state we were in the same amount of time after Shipwrecked came out, which got an update not to long after.

oh ye of too much faith, DS is dead now, devs are busy counting the money they got from selling the company.

you can go and wag some other companie's tail that still has some of its dignity left.

Spoiler

even EA seems better in position then Klei does which gave full consent to Tencent to do them in whatever manner they want 8-)

10 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

oh ye of too much faith, DS is dead now, devs are busy counting the money they got from selling the company.

you can go and wag some other companie's tail that still has some of its dignity left.

Reveal hidden contents

even EA seems better in position then Klei does which gave full consent to Tencent to do them in whatever manner they want 8-)

You are so annoying talking all the time about the same thing

On 3/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, Machine Reaper said:

Reveal hidden contents

I got the same speech here shortly before SW got more content, we'll see I guess.

If anything though having more money would only mean there is a higher chance it's worth coming back to DS, if it's more financially viable to make more content.

On 3/5/2021 at 3:23 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

I got the same speech here shortly before SW got more content, we'll see I guess.

Yeah for some reason people immediately jump to calling Don't Starve "dead" when it goes through a period of no new content and they personally lose interest. The times I can remember that Don't Starve has been "dead," according to the community:
- Immediately after Reign of Giants released and stopped getting new content.
- Immediately after Shipwrecked released and stopped getting new content.
- Immediately after Hamlet released and stopped getting new content.
And also, the times I can remember that Don't Starve Together has been "dead," according to the community:
- Immediately after the Forge ended.
- Immediately after the Gorge ended.
- Immediately after the Forge ended, again.

33 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Yeah for some reason people immediately jump to calling Don't Starve "dead" when it goes through a period of no new content and they personally lose interest. The times I can remember that Don't Starve has been "dead," according to the community:
- Immediately after Reign of Giants released and stopped getting new content.
- Immediately after Shipwrecked released and stopped getting new content.
- Immediately after Hamlet released and stopped getting new content.
And also, the times I can remember that Don't Starve Together has been "dead," according to the community:
- Immediately after the Forge ended.
- Immediately after the Gorge ended.
- Immediately after the Forge ended, again.

But this time klei said that they will not keep supporting DS. 

They changed now their mind in the 2021 roadmap bit we will se what it means because maybe is just code cleaning for consoles (and maybe pc)

Hamlet bugfixes chance? Hell yes, please! I personally absolutely love Hamlet, but I'm so tired of half-visible shadow creatures triggering ruins traps... (they are NOT supposed to do that, right??)

Also, 3rd season and Aporkalypse are always laggy for me, after the start of Aporkalypse it takes about 2 minutes until I can properly move again, so I would appreciate the devs putting some work into it again. Honestly, Hamlet is just too great in terms of creativity and potential to just be abandoned...

False Hope ( for Updates ) 

I don't decline that Klei wouldn't/shouldn't update DS. They should, it's their game and I don't talk only about bugfixs I am talking about content updates too!

@Sunset Skye  It's really common, you can still see when Hamlet got released and updates paused for a while in DST many players called that Klei has killed DST and will work on DS only ( that's not the case is it? )

Anyways, you can use the mods described in this Thread for bugfixs ( I use them myself and would highly recommend these). Thanks to @WainingWabbits for finding/making these! And thanks for @SpoonyBardIV for making this topic.

...Love the Gorge 

Archived