Tribe that will steal resources, attack dupes and build their own bases

it will be nice if they add a new critter(humanoid style), that can build their own homes attack dupes and steal resources at their own will, like an AI. can dig their way through terrain and biome. and make the game much more harder and interesting at the same time.

The title of the game is leaned towards a physics/chemistry-related theme and deals with these issues which are plenty enough to kill you. Maybe you want to go and play Rimworld? I like it that nothing but myself creates my doomsday in this game. This world has enough people who see each other as enemies, It's actually quite an achievement to create a game without the obligatory aspects of violence that many mediocre games feed on to satisfy the kind of low quality emotions that many people have in this dull-making times of sensational consumerism...

Just my 2 cents..

8 hours ago, Blondebeard said:

it will be nice if they add a new critter(humanoid style), that can build their own homes attack dupes and steal resources at their own will, like an AI. can dig their way through terrain and biome. and make the game much more harder and interesting at the same time.

Craft the world.   This game came out before oni. 

I was thinking about a humanoid alien critter that would ocupy a biome for themselves but i don`t think they should hunt for dupes. I rather think they should be territorial. Only destroy buildings near their "base" and not walk far from it. They would be mostly neutral towards dupes unless attacked.

They would construct their own tiles out of a special material only they can craft. You could trade food for that material wich would be an equivalent of steel.

13 hours ago, Blondebeard said:

I always wanted something like that as endgame challenge.

It would be nice if Klei someday adds a variety of endgame threats to the game, which users can optionally activate in the world generation settings at the beginning of a game. Such threats could be raining lava, electric storms disabling equipment, ice blitz, giant meteors, space visitors, AI/Human player trade and rescue missions etc. and of course your idea(s). :)

image.png.5ec4098ca96e84872b15764bf3930260.png

I think that the game would have a lot to gain with something similar to this, something like Alien (1979), since currently gravitas is something like Weyland-Yutani

I think that at the moment of the game he is very "friendly" and I don't say it in a bad way, only literally "according to the lore until then" we have everything to survive, everything in our reach basically without worries since it seems to be all one gravitas design

I already said before and I repeat, it would be very good to be closer to the reality of exploration, the fear of the unknown, not knowing the next step and I say this based on the navigators  of the 15th century and its aspect that we see in sci-fi films spaceship pilots

and it can even be put in a simple way, I don’t say to put something aggressive and simply he came and destroyed his base (since it seems that some here are afraid of changes in the status quo and like everything in control)
imagine something like minecraft (let's face the games are very similar right) in minecraft you don't know literally which block is next that you will mine, you can mine the next block and BAM! it's a cave something new, or it could just be a bunch of enemies you didn't count on and now you'll have to fight to stay there or in the simplest hypothesis it was a resource you needed

the point I get with the paragraph above is:
in a simple way: imagine a new planet that only appears in some special circumstance of research and when you discover it it simply does not reveal anything to you, it is a complete dark for you only with a point where you can start exploring (who knows even through teleportation) and the only view you have is literally the block you are digging and you have to turn around in case something happens, but the best thing about this planet is completely rng and has "ruins" of the lore of the game, but that in such a way of rng you have to play many, many times to be able to see all the versions thus increasing the chance of replay due to the amount of possibility of ruins

well, the game can evolve in many parameters, first starting from the lag of the "end game" and opening your mind to new things

Yeah I kind of feel like ONI is closer to a city builder than a survival game. I haven’t had a dupe die on me in over a year and I haven’t lost a colony since before the Thermal Upgrade. Since many people struggle with the game as it is already I think a new difficulty should be added that adds difficult survival mechanics. As the current difficulty system is “harder” settings don’t actually pose any real risk to the survival of the colony instead they serve as a list of lame slowdowns that just up resource consumption.

Archived