Remained Reworks

I wan't to learn your opinions about reworks.  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which should come first, game updates or character reworks?

• Firstly reworks, then updates
    • Firstly updates, then reworks
    • Mixed.
  2. 2. If you chose firstly reworks; is your fav. character reworked yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I chose another choice
  3. 3. If you chose firstly updates; is your fav. character reworked yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I chose another choice
  4. 4. If you chose mixed; is your fav. character reworked yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I chose another choice

RWYS update also saw changes to Wormwood that pretty much qualify as his Rework- So I’m going to go with Mixed as my choice

I think it would be GREAT if Klei focused Reworks and Updates around each other- just as a crazy example: If they update Frog Rain to Also include Fish Rain- This update could both Positively and Negatively effect Wurt.

She can gain Sanity by her fish friends: And also lose that sanity when she lets those friends turn into spoiled fish morsel.

Like i said a crazy example... but one I fell explains why they should do content updates and reworks at the same time so they go nicely together :) 

I picked character reworks first, Webber is an old favorite and I’d like something added to the repetitive spider wars.

Most of the updates have been too long term and too ocean based to suite my tastes. The farming one is the only one I enjoyed. The new mushroom biome had my hopes up, but even that was too late game and too ocean based.

10 hours ago, Well-met said:

your problem is likely you have no other games to play or even hobbies at all.

try doing other things in the meantime. That's how normal people cope with waiting.

What a asinine response. You've been nothing but insults this whole time contributing nothing to the conversation. If anyone needs to grow up its you. Shame on you.

*sigh* some people clearly do not read the terms of use, no personal insults, try to stay on topic & be constructive to the thread- if you have an issue with someone’s post: Report it without responding and move on (unless your going to have a friendly constructive conversation instead of slinging insults and hate) 

Ahem- Now if you will excuse me, as for the actual topic: My above reply still stands Having Wormwood updated at the same time as the Reap What You Sow update was AWESOME and I would like to see Reworks and updates happen at the same time- and for you Webber Mains out there:

Webbers Rework should come with some new spider types :) (I hope)

Edit: Joe beat me to it :lol:

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i wish, he has a lot of potential to be a fun character

Wolfgang is already quite fun

in DST mob health is increased, fighting monsters take longer but are pretty much the same in DS

If you say how he can kill bosses fast and that's op, with enough skill you can kite the dragonfly and Klaus as Maxwell before your first spring if you go get a yellow amulet first, and kill ancient guardian while you're at it. It's 100% possible, but I'm not saying I can do it, it's just really really possible.

bee queen is absolutely hell so just change to wicker to make a tentacle trap, or Winona since you gather rocks fast as Maxwell. If you can kite it you can kill it basically, all Wolfgang does is speed up this process making fights less long and tedious and more exciting.

While I know you're going to say how food isn't a challenge, he still gets very hungry, which means you spend more time getting food, which means he is actually more balanced then you think he is, time lost gaining food is gained when you kill enemies faster.

Wolfgang is fine where he is, he makes solo play more fun for people who like to fight If Klei reworks him he should get the same treatment Wigfrid did. After all that if you want to comment on how I didn't focus on how he could be OP in a multiplayer setting, just keep in mind that two Wilsons can take down all bosses pretty quickly

1 minute ago, Seero said:

Wolfgang is already quite fun

in DST mob health is increased, fighting monsters take longer but are pretty much the same in DS

If you say how he can kill bosses fast and that's op, with enough skill you can kite the dragonfly and Klaus as Maxwell before your first spring if you go get a yellow amulet first, and kill ancient guardian while you're at it. It's 100% possible, but I'm not saying I can do it, it's just really really possible.

bee queen is absolutely hell so just change to wicker to make a tentacle trap, or Winona since you gather rocks fast as Maxwell. If you can kite it you can kill it basically, all Wolfgang does is speed up this process making fights less long and tedious and more exciting.

While I know you're going to say how food isn't a challenge, he still gets very hungry, which means you spend more time getting food, which means he is actually more balanced then you think he is, time lost gaining food is gained when you kill enemies faster.

Wolfgang is fine where he is, he makes solo play more fun for people who like to fight If Klei reworks him he should get the same treatment Wigfrid did. After all that if you want to comment on how I didn't focus on how he could be OP in a multiplayer setting, just keep in mind that two Wilsons can take down all bosses pretty quickly

hounds doesnt have double hp, he can one shot them

im not saying he is boring but for some player he is

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

hounds doesnt have double hp, he can one shot them

im not saying he is boring but for some player he is

Hounds pigs, and regular spiders all have normal HP, it's not a big deal this doesn't warrant a nerf at all.

especially since you can avoid the first mob, make the second mob fight each other, and find helpers (bunnymen or rock lobsters) to kill the third one

and all are more effective at producing resources then Wolfgang's pure damage output.

Some players finding him boring doesn't warrant a nerf either. I just made a really convincing argument on how fun he could be especially on solo. If you find him boring I can think of two or more reasons why, and that still doesn't warrant a nerf

You played him a lot, you don't like to fight, or you can't fight, and I'm betting on the first two. If he's not your playstyle anymore or never was, you should pick another character. I don't play Wolfgang all the time, I main Maxwell of all people, and even I can see how he's not worthy of a nerf. For new players he's a terrible character too, his hunger drain is just too much for new players to handle, in that case Woodie, Wilson and Wendy are all better characters than Wolfgang

He's not even a better character in singleplayer because being a giant killing machine isn't super useful. Enemies don't have enough health, the game doesn't have enough things to kill unlike dst's raidbosses. He becomes useless in the late game.

10 minutes ago, Seero said:

Hounds pigs, and regular spiders all have normal HP, it's not a big deal this doesn't warrant a nerf at all.

especially since you can avoid the first mob, make the second mob fight each other, and find helpers (bunnymen or rock lobsters) to kill the third one

and all are more effective at producing resources then Wolfgang's pure damage output.

Some players finding him boring doesn't warrant a nerf either. I just made a really convincing argument on how fun he could be especially on solo. If you find him boring I can think of two or more reasons why, and that still doesn't warrant a nerf

You played him a lot, you don't like to fight, or you can't fight, and I'm betting on the first two. If he's not your playstyle anymore or never was, you should pick another character. I don't play Wolfgang all the time, I main Maxwell of all people, and even I can see how he's not worthy of a nerf. For new players he's a terrible character too, his hunger drain is just too much for new players to handle, in that case Woodie, Wilson and Wendy are all better characters than Wolfgang

He's not even a better character in singleplayer because being a giant killing machine isn't super useful. Enemies don't have enough health, the game doesn't have enough things to kill unlike dst's raidbosses. He becomes useless in the late game.

i said my opinion about he being nerfed before. Im not 100% with that

12 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

soz, i mean that i said my opinion before

oh I see, I should make a thread about my opinion on this there is a lot of misunderstanding about wolfgang if people are calling him OP enough to require a nerf

5 minutes ago, Seero said:

oh I see, I should make a thread about my opinion on this there is a lot of misunderstanding about wolfgang if people are calling him OP enough to require a nerf

imo he should be less simple and his phobias be more noticeable (no sense to have 300 sanity and not so much drain), most of the time is a wilson with better stats in terms of mechanics

in terms of survival, is much easier survive as him when you learn how to get food

34 minutes ago, Seero said:

You played him a lot, you don't like to fight, or you can't fight, and I'm betting on the first two

i love fighting for that i dont enjoy that much playing as him

i dont even do autofarms outside of playing wurt and only for silk because after 2k hours i still enjoying fighting spiders and spider queens

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

in terms of survival, is much easier survive as him when you learn how to get food

that can be interpreted as finally getting good at the game or learning how to use farms. For the former that's when you stop being a new player

and for the latter, if you learn how to use farms but not fight, why play as Wolfgang in the first place?

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

imo he should be less simple and his phobias be more noticeable (no sense to have 300 sanity and not so much drain), most of the time is a wilson with better stats in terms of mechanics

Maybe, but stacking even more sanity loss during the dark is just annoying at most, there are other ways

I think now that the new characters are out of the way, we will finally start seeing more reworks. I love updates and new characters, don't get me wrong (given that my entire forum presence has for the most part just been simping over a character who was a new edition to this game), but I am very much hoping that we get more reworks.

Only looking at the 12 survivors who were here before they announced the reworks (the others I don't consider reworks since for this game they were in fact new editions), only 5 of them have been reworked. Not even half of them have been reworked and it has almost been 2 years. The new biomes and seafaring content has been great, but I do hope they focus a bit more on cranking out reworks before they take on any new ideas for more world content. Not rushing them on them because obviously reworks take time, but I personally would not be opposed to putting the lunar stuff on the backburner until we get a couple more reworked characters

11 hours ago, Seero said:

that can be interpreted as finally getting good at the game or learning how to use farms. For the former that's when you stop being a new player

and for the latter, if you learn how to use farms but not fight, why play as Wolfgang in the first place?

A noob player can learn how to barely kill pigs, spiders, beefalos and koalaphants or relocate plants but still being a noob. So that player can keep mighty form for few minutes without diying but not knowing how to propelly fight, having double damage, 300 or 200 hp, extra speed and huge sanity pool helps.

If are hurt 1 or every 5 enemy hits and with wilson killing an enemy means to kite 10 hits means he will be hurt 2 times, with wolfgang only 1. Also bosses with healing like antlion, CK and FW are more difficult if 1 heal recovers many hits instead of few. Having that amount of hp like wolf or wx makes them able not only to resist many hits without armor (noobs usually forget to wear armor or broke them because they didnt know how to kite) but also resist weather damage. In adition, hounds are one of the harder things to over come in the game (much more than weather and food), i remember how my friend and i huge our tooth trap with fear of leaving the base, having a character that literally one shot them is way more helpful to learn how to fight them than wendy, it makes it easier so people lose the fear

If learn how to farm but not fight wolfgang helps a lot. As i said in many previous post in this topic, i played wolfgang to learn because having more room to think helps a lot and being able to do fights with less resources helps because an inexperience player doesnt have rutines of farming materials + is harder to die

Wolfgant is "OP" because compared with wilson (the default character) has much more stats. His hunger drain is only a downside when you have few hours playing the game or there is too much players in the server with variety of skill (and anyways 1 player can farm enough food for 6 players and will still rot in the fridge. That before RWYS, now i guess it is ridiculous (i didnt play with my newbie friends that much this update to judge))

That means i think he should be nerfed? No, i think he should keep being op like i think wicker should still being op. What i think is that those characters with high stats like wolfgang or wx need more interesting perks than just being flat wilsons with steroids

Dont starve doesnt let you think that much in the middle of the action so having these characters to practise or for people who wants another kind of experience is cool, not my personal preference neither what i truly want for me but im not the only one who enjoy it. I think klei will be wise and bring us a cool rework

11 hours ago, Seero said:

Maybe, but stacking even more sanity loss during the dark is just annoying at most, there are other ways

I wasnt refering to only give him more sanity drain, but it has no sense for a coward to stay sane fighting eldrich horrors and titans meanwhile a crazy lady that enjoys fighting worthy foes (she anyways isnt sane but you get the point xd)

Idk how to make his phobias more noticeable without making it tedious but i think adding something fun about this part of his personality can make him more fun than just a resource black hole (what a tedious thing to cook that much Zzzz)

OP characters share opinions and I agree with both. But we have to point some downsides:

Once my friend played with a MOD character that was very OP. We were in a team of 5. He did almost everything by his own, had answers to every problem and that made us feel "useless". Imagine this and look at other games who had/have 'THE OP' character: community toxicity.

That's why Klei nerf characters from DS in DST, so that we have to play as a "Together". Ofc you can still play solo in DST, but not if you are new to the game.

Wolfgang is indeed a very good character, but he won't outshine everyone. Damagewise and farm-wise, Wurt, Winona and Wicker can outshine him (with preparations). In surviving and exploring, Wortox (also Wormwood) is amazing. In three out of four seasons you have a lot of butterflies for food and heal. In winter, just kill bees or eat normal food.

There are characters that people just play for fun: to survive, make a base and be happy. If you want to kill bosses or go hardcore, there are other characters more suitable.

And where I agree in OP characters: It's not a PvP game.

In the end, I'd be fine with both (mostly because I know Klei is a great company and respects the community).

I dislike that some characters aren't as unique as they should be. Rn i'm playing as Warly and he's amazing and fun. But god, I hate his food downsides. His downside's should be Wickerbottom's.

21 hours ago, Slagger said:

Lol no :D  But they learn it in hard way. Here is an example I got today.
image.png.97bfba644d1714326254f6afc06b5606.png 
He said Webber looks cool and sounds like really interesting character to play with it. I said yes he is but he is not that good and could be categorized as bad when you compare him with reworked characters. He said "no, I'm gonna play with him."
And today he send me this message. Translate is this:
"By the way I convinced your opinions about Webber. He is nice and pretty but don't have any advantage except getting silk beard. And spiders are really pointless, I don't even pet them.

I stopped to playing with one of the my friend just because he builded icebox in wrong place.

Reveal hidden contents

lol just kidding. maybe

What I get from this is spiders need to be able to be petted and I agree.

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

has much more stats.

wx78 should be the best character in the game if you only focus on this

I explained this when I made my comparison with maxwell, stats just make you last longer/kill things quicker.

If you are good at kiting health doesn't matter

if you're insane a lot/barely insane then sanity doesn't matter

hunger doesn't really matter because you can just eat.

Having that amount of hp like wolf or wx makes them able not only to resist many hits without armor

why would tanking things without armor ever be a good thing?

In adition, hounds are one of the harder things to over come in the game (much more than weather and food)

go in the cave or use swamp/beefalo

That means i think he should be nerfed? No, i think he should keep being op like i think wicker should still being op. What i think is that those characters with high stats like wolfgang or wx need more interesting perks than just being flat wilsons with steroids

I think wolfgang is already a very interesting character but being able to carry sculptures faster would be pretty cool too add

, but the one in dire need of a rework is WX of all people

too boring too reliant on wicker, I could hardly care about the food spoilage upside.

wicker is an interesting topic because people use the "you could feed a whole server before!!" rhetoric, when you could feed yourself at any place

if you are in need of that much food you can even have a crockpot prototyped and placed in dangerous places like the ruins or far away places like the lunar island to make meatballs with your surroundings.

6 minutes ago, Seero said:

if you dont read the entire thing this argumentation has no sense

all i said is in the perspective of a noob player not someone who can kite 100% like you can read

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Having that amount of hp like wolf or wx makes them able not only to resist many hits without armor

why would tanking things without armor ever be a good thing?

this is what you quote

and this is what i said

like wolf or wx makes them able not only to resist many hits without armor (noobs usually forget to wear armor or broke them because they didnt know how to kite

seems like you just want to win the argument instead of going to the truth

have a good day

10 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

while i do care more about updates than reworks, probably because my main/fav 2-3 characters are just fine, I also mistreat  webbers, wx's and wilsons, so maybe you have a point. 

That's exactly the reason that I put other questions of this post. I mean I was thinking those player wants updates instead of reworks had their fav. characters reworked. And in the other side, players like me is just wanting their reworks first. But results are really different. And I changed my idea with the @ArubaroBeefalo's point. I would be really satisfied with update/rework/qol/update/... sequence.

1 hour ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

Yeesh to many people on the forums are like "look at this idiot" or "don't be like him" I mean come on it's just an opinion big deal if you don't like it

Meh, that's okay. 

I wan't add a thing, it's not only about the character's powers; Rework status feels old and make me like the characters bit lame. It's the one of the big reason I don't play DS anymore. I want to give an example from my main, Maxwell is pretty strong and interesting but his shadow powers just seem "boring" to me when I look at new characters' strange powers; his dualist is just senseless.

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

like wolf or wx makes them able not only to resist many hits without armor (noobs usually forget to wear armor or broke them because they didnt know how to kite

seems like you just want to win the argument instead of going to the truth

have a good day

I can address this point if you want, I didn't leave it out to win the argument.

It's simple really, I don't think noobs taking many hits without armor is really permissible in an argument because it's just not that good.
I read that part too before hand.

if it was that bad you can just ask to nerf wolfgang's health his damage is his main upside after all

300 health isn't super interesting to me anyways

Archived