Remained Reworks

I wan't to learn your opinions about reworks.  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which should come first, game updates or character reworks?

• Firstly reworks, then updates
    • Firstly updates, then reworks
    • Mixed.
  2. 2. If you chose firstly reworks; is your fav. character reworked yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I chose another choice
  3. 3. If you chose firstly updates; is your fav. character reworked yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I chose another choice
  4. 4. If you chose mixed; is your fav. character reworked yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I chose another choice

What do you think about rework frequency?  Don't forget to write your opinions too!

In my opinions I really hate the situation of rework system. Updates just keep coming but we stucked in few characters of game. Reworks changes characters so much (positive) and make them fit game more. I mean I hate Wurt but I played with her for hours just because of she reworked and I really like her playstyle (I hate merms, not anything personal kiddo). But unreworked characters MOSTLY can't get off from the shadow of the reworked ones. Most of them don't have any point to play with them anymore.

Webber was a funny character but now he is useless in team bc of Wendy and Woodie. Personally I don't let my friends play with him.

WX sound like supercool death machine and he has best skins of entire game. But now he don't have any point except eating all of the gears for tanking. Ah sorry I forgot about his speed when he live like a parasite with Wicker. I kick robocops

Or Wilson. Personally I kick them too bc only new starter arsonists pick him lol.

We have 7 unreworked characters and we just get 2 rework per year. I mean someone will have to wait for 3 years to play with his favorite character. Probably I'm the one of them bc my buddies are Maxwell and Wilson.

See you 1095 days later.

Edit tl;dr: I don't want to get one rework per day. I want Klei should finish their reworks first, even if it's gonna be one update per three months. Then they could continue their content updates. Also I think that would be better. If you think they that's not right, go ahead and write the reason. That's why I opened this thread as pool.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

so you hate reworks because quality products take time?

very childish if you ask me.

Nope. I hate updates because they should come after all reworks finish. It's not making sense to having updates while we have bunch of broken/nonbalanced/op/hard characters.

Maybe it's selfish but not childish. Or I can be whatever you want baby!

10 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Webber was a funny character but now he is useless in team bc of Wendy and Woodie. Personally I don't let my friends play with him

I personally will not play with someone who think in this way

Character reworks are fine but klei is doing a great job mixing updates because for someone who doesnt play wendy or wigfrid, that month there is any new content. For me i was hyped for the wigfrid rework but after killing some bosses as her i get bored so that month was a month with lack of content for me but for wigfrid mains was a amazing month. Meanwhile RWYS or forgoten knowledge affected more players 

Also unreworked character may not have that many cool tools but if they worked in the past they still working today. This is not a competitive game so what matters if weeber has only spider armys and eat raw MM as perk? People enjoy it and it still working, how is he useless now? He didnt change so saying he is useless is just something dumb to say. You can say that he isnt as effective as other characters for certain task but useless? No way

Reworks should be mixed with updates to ensure that one update won't cancel a character rework just a month later. There are plenty more reasons but I find this one the most important. And to let people get used to new characters, everyone always makes a ruckus after each rework and we need time to accept the change before next one is introduced.

9 minutes ago, Slagger said:

broken/nonbalanced/op/hard

There will still being op characters and hard characters and i hope it never change. There should be fun characters

Dont play characters that you dont like 

I really dont understand why having hard characters is a bad thing...

11 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Nope. I hate updates because they should come after all reworks finish. It's not making sense to having updates while we have bunch of broken/nonbalanced/op/hard characters.

What doesnt have sense is to only rework characters. It will make the game not interesting for so long until they finish all the reworks and some of them may give klei room to work harder in other updates since most characters only need few things to make them fun

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Character reworks are fine but klei is doing a great job mixing updates because for someone who doesnt play wendy or wigfrid, that month there is any new content. For me i was hyped for the wigfrid rework but after killing some bosses as her i get bored so that month was a month with lack of content for me but for wigfrid mains was a amazing month. Meanwhile RWYS or forgoten knowledge affected more players 

You pointed a nice thing. I understand what you mean by this but I want you to realize waiting for years. For wilson (Which I think is gonna get rework at last) will get his update at after 3 years and few months. That's a quite long time. Personally I don't think a person will wait for a character rework for that long time. Of course mixed content will be better for persons which his favorite character updated. But what about others? If Maxwell get a power about RWYS update, will anybody notice it like how we noticed Wormwood one?

You can say that he isnt as effective as other characters for certain task but useless? No way

That's right. They are not useless but not effective as reworkeds. Didn't meant that.

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Reworks should be mixed with updates to ensure that one update won't cancel a character rework just a month later

I don't get it right. Do you mean updates should include reworks too? If the thing you want to say is this, yes. I want it too but it will take so much work so sadly hard to see it in future.

There will still being op characters and hard characters and i hope it never change. There should be fun characters

In my opinion and as I get from Don't Starve together, all characters have good and bad sides and Klei wants to balance it as they can. A character could be op about a thing but his downside must make his playstyle a little difficult so players should think twice. Taking and giving. So players could pick characters that fit their play style, not most god one. So all characters will be in same situation in surviving. Will bad about a thing and good about a thing. (Except Wes bc being bad is his point)

But specially unreworked one don't have this powers. Of course a good player can pick Wes with full darknes mode in winter but we talk about all players. Those characters are broken even if you are able to build a megabase with them. About being op: with berry farm, Wolfgang can live forever thanks to meatballs. His only downside is hunger which his upside can remove lol.

1 minute ago, Slagger said:

You pointed a nice thing. I understand what you mean by this but I want you to realize waiting for years. For wilson (Which I think is gonna get rework at last) will get his update at after 3 years and few months. That's a quite long time.

your problem is likely you have no other games to play or even hobbies at all.

try doing other things in the meantime. That's how normal people cope with waiting.

28 minutes ago, Well-met said:

your problem is likely you have no other games to play or even hobbies at all.

try doing other things in the meantime. That's how normal people cope with waiting.

Calm down.

I'm the one of those people stuck on few games and play it, mod it and repeat it. If I play a good game, I prefer to keep playing for years, I play DS since 2015. Yes we exist and we are normal peoples, we have  hobbies. That's not forcing post, I want to learn your opinions and share mine, discussing. 

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

If you think that's not right, go ahead and write the reason. That's why I opened this thread as pool.

29 minutes ago, Slagger said:

don't get it right. Do you mean updates should include reworks too? If the thing you want to say is this, yes. I want it too but it will take so much work so sadly hard to see it in future.

Soz i wasnt clear. I mean mix the uptades. Like releasing 1 content update, 1 character update, 1 content update, etc. And in the middle some QoL if they need more time for the next update or just rest

For wilson (Which I think is gonna get rework at last) will get his update at after 3 years and few months.

I get it but isnt like they are not funtional and the game is a bussiness. Needs to take the attention of most people possible

Also a wilson player can have fresh gameplay with things like RWYS

I know it can be frustrating to wait that much but is hard to make everybody happy

About being op: with berry farm, Wolfgang can live forever thanks to meatballs. His only downside is hunger which his upside can remove lol

Im the 1st one that wish a nerfed wolf and wx to make them have less room for mistakes and, instead od stats, have more fun tools, but that as personal preference because i want to have fun with all of them.

But for me having these characters helped me a lot to learn the game

Back in the day i create a world playing as wx to learn how to survive the ruins until i get bored and i did the same with wolfgang to learn how to kill bosses

In a game where 1 mistake can mean game over having these kind of chatacters arent that bad. I mean, in the ruins wilson will only survive at most 3 hits without armor, for someone who is exploring it for the 1st time can be frustrating to die many times in the entrance meanwhile having a 300hp charscter can help them to learn to have always armor and learn how many enemies are there usually, etc instead of dying in less time that takes to close your eyes

So with that thing i have mixed feelings

14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Soz i wasnt clear. I mean mix the uptades. Like releasing 1 content update, 1 character update, 1 content update, etc. And in the middle some QoL if they need more time for the next update or just rest

Personally I would be really happy if this recurrence work. At least we would know what we are gonna get in future.

16 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I get it but isnt like they are not funtional and the game is a bussiness. Needs to take the attention of most people possible

sadly, you are right :/

For me it´s the other way around. I enjoy content updates much more and charakter reworks. It's just my personal preference. Reworks are cool and my favourite charakter has not got one yet, but content updates are much more exciting for me especially long term. 

So for me the current mix (more content, not to much reworks a year) is perfect. 

I don't get it right. Do you mean updates should include reworks too? If the thing you want to say is this, yes. I want it too but it will take so much work so sadly hard to see it in future.

What I mean is that if character receives a rework that will conflict with a future update, it's better to just put off the rework until update is there and rework them properly. There's no point in reworking Maxwell to have better control over shadows if the lore ends up shifting the focus to lunar magic and making shadows obsolete in some way (no idea how that would work, it's just a random example)

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

Webber was a funny character but now he is useless in team bc of Wendy and Woodie. Personally I don't let my friends play with him.

I kick robocops

Or Wilson. Personally I kick them too bc only new starter arsonists pick him lol.

Take notes everyone. Don't be this guy.

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

I kick robocops

Your "friends" actually tolerate your ego trips?

20 minutes ago, AlienMagi said:

Your "friends" actually tolerate your ego trips?

Lol no :D  But they learn it in hard way. Here is an example I got today.
image.png.97bfba644d1714326254f6afc06b5606.png 
He said Webber looks cool and sounds like really interesting character to play with it. I said yes he is but he is not that good and could be categorized as bad when you compare him with reworked characters. He said "no, I'm gonna play with him."
And today he send me this message. Translate is this:
"By the way I convinced your opinions about Webber. He is nice and pretty but don't have any advantage except getting silk beard. And spiders are really pointless, I don't even pet them.

43 minutes ago, Chris1448 said:

Take notes everyone. Don't be this guy.

I stopped to playing with one of the my friend just because he builded icebox in wrong place.

Spoiler

lol just kidding. maybe

3 minutes ago, Slagger said:

He said Webber looks cool and sounds like really interesting character to play with it. I said yes he is but he is not that good and could be categorized as bad when you compare him with reworked characters. He said "no, I'm gonna play with him."
"By the way I convinced your opinions about Webber. He is nice and pretty but don't have any advantage except getting silk beard. And spiders are really pointless, I don't even pet them.

I stopped to playing with one of the my friend just because he builded icebox in wrong place.

Reveal hidden contents

lol just kidding. maybe

What i take from your posts is that you kick people for choosing a character they like and you stop playing with someone who DARED to place an icebox in a place you didn't like. You're acting just like edgy rick.

32 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Hide contents

lol just kidding. maybe

dont play mobas for your own health xD

22 minutes ago, AlienMagi said:

What i take from your posts is that you kick people for choosing a character they like and you stop playing with someone who DARED to place an icebox in a place you didn't like. You're acting just like edgy rick.

shhhhhh, you are giving away the game XD

Generally, I hold no preferences. Hey, it's free content updates! Can it get any better than that? 

I'm definitely looking forward to Wolfgang's rework. He is in desperate need of some love! A balance to his (nonexistent as of now) character flaws could contribute to an interesting and immersive playstyle. 

30 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

I'm definitely looking forward to Wolfgang's rework. He is in desperate need of some love! A balance to his (nonexistent as of now) character flaws could contribute to an interesting and immersive playstyle. 

I really want it too. He is really interesting character. Powerfull but coward, not a popular combination. I think the rework will be about his cowardness.

2 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I really want it too. He is really interesting character. Powerfull but coward, not a popular combination. I think the rework will be about his cowardness.

i wish, he has a lot of potential to be a fun character

already timing his forms is fun but just a little portion of the gameplay and even less if you play alone or with experience people so something in that way with his fears can be fun

Archived