new puzzle?

from what i've read, metheus puzzle was introduced to end the new reign series of updates.

since we are near the conclusion of return of them, is possible that klei will make more puzzles?

i think that will be awesome since we dont know anything about the relation beetween the ancients and the moon. what do you peaple think?

6 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

saying they aren't doing anymore puzzles

not POG

8 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

mysterious energy basically

well im not a DST expert but from what i've heard the ancient gateway was unusable for quite long time so that doesn't mean RoT is going to end just because the mysterious energy was added(but i could be wrong)

Klei did mention they'll return to their regular update schedule (of character rework and RoT updates) after Year of the Beefalo, so I very much doubt the end of Return of Them is close.

Then again, maybe they'll end Return of Them and more on to the next expansion?

34 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Where did they say that? I'd like to see the original statement.

Sadly, all I can find is a sentence on the wiki saying

"This is the second puzzle related to A New Reign, representing the disclosure of the expansion (as opposed to Cyclum, which introduced it)."

Believe me I looked for ages, but who knows. I could be wrong on my previous post.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Klei did mention they'll return to their regular update schedule (of character rework and RoT updates) after Year of the Beefalo, so I very much doubt the end of Return of Them is close.

Then again, maybe they'll end Return of Them and more on to the next expansion?

Spoiler

Every time someone on Klei’s social platforms ask things like will we ever have Shipwrecked & Hamlet Together Editions, or if Gorge and Forge will ever return Klei always responds that it isn’t in their planned content schedule for now, but if anything changes they’ll let everyone know.

This doesn’t mean No.. but it also doesn’t mean Yes those things are going to happen either.

Realistically.. we still have 7 characters (not including Wilba, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler and Wagstaff) that have yet to be Reworked, I just can’t see Return of Them ending BEFORE they get reworked.

Because I’m no game designer, but I have wanted to design games before in the past and I know that if you design some big bad end game boss fight your probably going to want to design that fight around what all the characters you can play as can do...

This is just an example: But imagine if Wolfgang could become mighty and move heavy items without movement speed restrictions or pick up and throw team mates while in Mighty mode.. something like that would have to be heavily considered as part of the final fights core design.

OTHERWISE you end up with horrible mistakes like Wendy’s Abigail petal buff stacked with Wigfrids song Scrolls, and Warly special food dishes to make the Mighty Wolfgang a One Punch Death Machine.

With 7 Reworks still guaranteed to come (and more if they port the 6 DLC or decide to Rework Wurt, Wortox, Walter & Wormwood) That is A LOT of blank Question marks that have to be accounted for when discussing End Game content.

Off-Topic reply to this in Spoiler.

Also on Topic- I hate the puzzles, if they do more please make sure they don’t require more then one person.

25 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Sadly, all I can find is a sentence on the wiki saying

"This is the second puzzle related to A New Reign, representing the disclosure of the expansion (as opposed to Cyclum, which introduced it)."

Believe me I looked for ages, but who knows. I could be wrong on my previous post.

so there is hope after all :)

1 hour ago, stranger again said:

well im not a DST expert but from what i've heard the ancient gateway was unusable for quite long time so that doesn't mean RoT is going to end just because the mysterious energy was added(but i could be wrong)

Not entirely true. A New Reign came in with a total of 10 batches of updates and they added the Atrium & Gateway in the 8th update, Heart of the Ruins. When heart was inserted into the gateway it'd do a prototype tape  like we have with the three lunar structures right now. The next two updates didn't have special names or posters and were simply called Heart of Ruins Part 2 and Part 3, which added the Fuelweaver fight and gateway resetting ruins. Part 1 was released on February 23, 2017 while Part 3 was released in March 22, 2017 so there wasn't really much time between unusable gateway being introduced and it being given a purpose. Of course the first Story continuation of the gateway, The Forge came in almost after a year, on December 4, 2017 but I wonder if they would be returning to similar non-main game updates anytime soon.

220?cb=20181010182444220?cb=20160826112411220?cb=20160923054647220?cb=20161014192955220?cb=20161028002947220?cb=20161126125810220?cb=20170203224340220?cb=20170217023110

I personally hope we still have a lot of Return of Them updates in the line as I've been thoroughly enjoying each of them a lot and the more content there is, the merrier. I assumed the RoT updates would follow a similar course with Character reworks, which we had half of them, 6 character reworks released and 7+(?) more to go so perhaps this time there'll be more time between the introduction of the end game mechanism to it being given a function.

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

Maybe their streams...?:wilson_dorky:

I’ve been told by a friend in Montreal that they are in lockdown again. I know Klei is in Vancouver and it’s quite far from it, but I have no idea how are they doing with the whole pandemic there.

It would be cool if the streams are back somehow though.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:25 PM, ZeeDragon said:

If I recall correctly, they released a statement some time ago saying they aren't doing anymore puzzles. So...sorry. 

JoeW posted this back on with the announcement of Wendy's refresh: 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:54 AM, JoeW said:

Lore. Yep. I said Lore. 

Something we know everybody wants is more lore. I am not going to say much more for now. But we know you want more lore.  It would be smart from this point on to get back into scrutinizing things we put out for secrets. Not everything, but keep your eyes open. Not this post though. There are no secrets in this post. So scrutinizing this post would probably be a waste of your time. Probably. (But really, there is nothing to find here. You'll know when there is something to be found.) 

I really hope this means we will get some puzzles with the RoT updates, sometime.

(the post: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/115557-dont-starve-together-roadmap-2020/?tab=comments#comment-1305599 )

Archived