Skin collection definitions

17 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i think the hollowed husk of a tree that comprizes most of his body is the "hollow" and the mushroom is only the "bloom"

So if other characters got a hollow skin, they would be tree themed?

15 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Merrymaker is more Xmas red and green based.

I noticed Winona's merrymaker skin feels warmer in comparison to her snowfallen.

The best way I can answer the first question is that, to my understanding, snowfallen is winter themed, merrymaker is holiday themed.

Definitely just my opinion, but if they made a Hollow Collection, I would see it as cave dwellers. Wormwood would be a manifestation of the undergrown blue mushtree biome. Maybe the others would have cave oriented items incorporated, like wrapped in foliage or dripping with slurtle slime and broken shells. Maxwell would probably be donning some weird cosmetic armor that is similar to ruins turf. Wolfgang would have glowberry juice all over his mouth. Stuff like that maybe?

Abyssal would really seem to only apply to Wurt since she is a fish from an abyss, but I'd imagine the rest of the cast might look like the cursed crew from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Undead people who drowned? I dunno it's a stretch but it's the only sense I can make from it lol
As for Oasis, I'd imagine clothes for a tropical luau. Grass skirts, hawaiian shirts, shell bracelets, etc.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

the undergrown blue mushtree biome. Maybe the others would have cave oriented items incorporated, like wrapped in foliage or dripping with slurtle slime and broken shells.

AbyssalI'd imagine the rest of the cast might look like the cursed crew from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Undead people who drowned? I dunno it's a stretch but it's the only sense I can make from it lol
As for Oasis, I'd imagine clothes for a tropical luau. Grass skirts, hawaiian shirts, shell bracelets, etc.

That seems like a interesting idea. Hollow fits perfectly for cave themed skins, both as costumes and affecting literal skin on a person.

That's exactly what I was thinking with Abyssal.

With Oasis, I was thinking more like a Arab desert attire but there is deserts all over the world. So who knows, your idea could work for certain characters.

Just now, minespatch said:

With Oasis, I was thinking more like a Arab desert attire but there is deserts all over the world. So who knows, your idea could work for certain characters.

Ooooh yes I take back my idea. I like the idea of an Arabian style set. I just want them to add a tacky Hawaiian shirt at some point lol. I love wearing them irl so having a cosmetic one that isn't an underused way to stay cool in summer would be nice...

Oh I'd love a desert theme Oasis-bound skin set for everyone, imagine all DST characters in proper desert attires.

About the Winter's Feast skins, as far as I see it, Snowfallen is purely an elemental collection, almost like the opposite of Magmatic where the theme is Snow and Ice of Winter. Merrymaker, on the other hand, is very much holiday cheers themed, with characters themselves up with jolly Christmas inspired attire. For instance while Snowfallen turns Wortox to a snowy mountain imp, a Merrymaker skin for him would make him resemble Santa's reindeer. As far as our actual characters with both skins go WX-78 is a Mr. Freeze inspired freezer robot while Merrimaker set dresses up as the famous wooden toy soldier from Nutcracker of festive stories. Similarly Winona joins Wickerbottom in becoming as literal "Ice queen" in her snowfallen skin while her merrymaker skin dresses her up as a carol singer/xmas enforcer. 

Hollow is an interesting one, like most of the one character only skins, is themed around a specific character, literally turning him to the hollow tusk of a tree. Nevertheless if they were to apply the theme to other survivors, I can imagine very bleak, macabre designs, with little color, evoking feelings of emptiness and caves. 

In a similar vein, it's exciting to imagine other single character sets being expanded to other characters, like Woodie's Team Player putting all survivors into the attires of their preferred sports, Wigfrid's Winged victory set granting the whole cast Viking themed dressing, and Baby Doll survivors, Blue Collar Worker survivors, Fisherman Crew survivors, Hereditary survivors (could give interesting story tidbits on each survivors' family), Young Innocent survivors, Bioluminescence Survivors, Cop-prisoner Survivors, Ancient Greek Mythology themed survivors etc. I can even see Webber getting an Uncorrupted skin in the form of his uneaten boy form with a spider hoodie.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Winona just got both Snowfallen and Merrymaker skins, can someone explain the differences between the two?

How does Hollow apply to Wormwood as a mushroom?

If there were more Abyssal and Oasis skins, how would that affect other characters?

Snowfallen is a snow themed set while Merrymakers are a Christmasy caroler themed skinset.

idk

These skins I like to call Vanity skins, most of the new and reworked characters have 1 (or 2?) skins that dont have an actual set.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

So if other characters got a hollow skin, they would be tree themed?

I noticed Winona's merrymaker skin feels warmer in comparison to her snowfallen.

of course not x'''D though i doubt there are other 'hollow' skins in the works since wormwood is so unique to the others. he's not really able to be a 'survivor' since he has nothing to 'survive' this is his actual world and he lives it, so he gets alternative narratives to the others where their naritives would not make sense for him

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

If there were more Abyssal and Oasis skins, how would that affect other characters?

It feels like they kinda dropped the concept of 'it has to be a skin set-able to be a new skin type', not like we will see any bonus _factory/Voxola skins for all the others, or _haunteddoll/Forlorn Doll and blah blah blah. Sure some of these themes are doable if you stretch them a bit, but I dont think they will

I feel like Klei wants to make at least one exclusive outfit "set" for every character. That is something differentiating that character from the crowd.

I'd be totaly down for some arabian Oasis skins, but I think that this set will only stay as an unique cactus for Wormwood.

7 hours ago, MrNaxeros said:

I feel like Klei wants to make at least one exclusive outfit "set" for every character. That is something differentiating that character from the crowd.

I'd be totaly down for some arabian Oasis skins, but I think that this set will only stay as an unique cactus for Wormwood.

Yea it seems like besides the shared collections, they are going for a "Character Unique" collection for each character, as seen through Rework releases. But, what's peculiar to me is that Wortox and Wormwood have 2 unique sets; Minotaur and Uncorrupted for Wortox, and Hollow and Oasis Bound for Wormwood. I'd at least love if they made one set for both characters apply to other survivors too. Arabian Desert outfits and Greek Mythology outfits would be my pick. 

11 hours ago, Fuffles said:

It feels like they kinda dropped the concept of 'it has to be a skin set-able to be a new skin type', not like we will see any bonus _factory/Voxola skins for all the others, or _haunteddoll/Forlorn Doll and blah blah blah. Sure some of these themes are doable if you stretch them a bit, but I dont think they will

Yeah, most of the sets are one offs for specific characters, usually based off of a popular theme.

Like, Industrious makes sense for Winona, it's her Voxola Industries uniform. Minotaur and Uncorrupted fit Wortox, famous monster and we've seen non corrupt Wortox. Sets for Wormwood, are usually based on popular basing spots. Hollow is for caves, Oasis is for, well, the Oasis.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

There's a entire subsection on tumblr where artists like drawing the cast as centaurs and satyrs. I dunno.

If you bend the theme from Minotaur to Greek Mythology, then there is enough material to work with

On 12/7/2020 at 2:08 AM, Fuffles said:

Tbh I thought only of Gorgon (Medusa) Wickerbottom so far for a theme as such

If we're going full Ancient Greek Mythology, I imagine:

• Wilson as Zeus
  • Willow as Hecate
  • Wolfgang as Hercules
  • Wendy as Persephone 
  • Wickerbottom as Medusa
  • Woodie as Hephaistos
  • Wes as Dionysos
  • Maxwell as Hades
  • Wigfrid as Athena
  • Webber as Arachne
  • Winona as Hera
  • Warly as Poseidon
  • Wortox as Minotaur
  • Wormwood as Artemis
  • Wurt as Pandora/Hydra
  • Walter as Jason

On 12/5/2020 at 8:44 PM, Dr. Safety said:

Definitely just my opinion, but if they made a Hollow Collection, I would see it as cave dwellers.

I love that idea. Hope you don't mind if I sketched it! :wilson_smile:

Figured I'd just do Wilson, Maxwell, and Winona as a proof of concept since they were the three showcased in the Forgotten Knowledge short. :D

image.png.9ecc33a7655c9ba6a854640b5717e3e4.png

Archived