[Game Update] - 443836

9 minutes ago, nessumo said:

Where did you get that? AFAICS you can still increase chance by tending Grubfruit.

it's technically 1% +10% tamed for 11%.  same as dreckos and can be starvation ranched at an egg at age 20 cycles.  but they get a base 66% chance for grubgrubs.  sweetles start with 2% chance for grubgrubs.  sweetles to grubgrubs are op cause sweetles get 2%+20% reproduction, same as pufts which is high. sweetles are 1kg of meat vs grubgrubs at 3kg meat or 1600kcal /4800kcal.  i think less wild grubgrubs just mean less early game food.  the real bottle neck will be sulfur either way

Edited by zach123b

1 minute ago, zach123b said:

it's technically 1% +10% tamed for 11%.  same as dreckos and can be starvation ranched at an egg at age 20 cycles.  but they get a base 66% chance for grubgrubs.  sweetles start with 2% chance for grubgrubs.  sweetles to grubgrubs are op cause sweetles get 2%+20% reproduction, same as pufts which is high.  i think less wild grubgrubs just mean less early game food.  the real bottle neck will be sulfur either way

I was using them for grub-rub of bog plants...not directly for meat

2 minutes ago, chemie said:

I was using them for grub-rub of bog plants...not directly for meat

i found they tend only 1 plant if not fed, glum or wild.  if fed though, theyll tend to 6-7 plants a cycle.  i keep mine wild or glum for farms.  still, sucks for early game

@Ipsquiggle what does "+200% Rocket Navigation Efficiency" description actually mean on Rocket Piloting II skill? does it mean we can finally fly on CO2 engine to further planetoids or just that duplicant will do the "thingy" inside rocket faster (pushing buttons on rocket control panel)? second option would just mean duplicant wastes less time for this rocket control task but doesn't give much benefit i would say, so i hope for the first option :) i want to see other planetoids

Edited by Khullag

31 minutes ago, TripleM999 said:

I assume, the crashes in Dupe Selection have to do with Rocket Piloting (Rocketry) now being a Tier 1 skill. The dupe generator tries to apply this skill (or career) to some rolled dupes, but is not able to, as it is not in the list of the possible skills for starter dupes.

I think, the icon is probably only temporary:

Temporary.thumb.png.7ce7113bf448a90249321902c85a32fa.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added a toggle to the main menu of Spaced Out for switching back to the base game. (Eventually such a toggle will be in the base game too, so please give it a click and let us know if you encounter any issues!)

View full update

YES! Now I can play the base game through the dlc! It kept crashing for me! I can't wait to try it out!

1 hour ago, no. said:

Also, just curious if you changed the font in the Dupe-selection screen with this update? The text is much harder on my eyes, but I can't tell if it's an actual font change or I'm just in the pre-stages of a migraine, ha!

It seems changed and I also find it a little hard to read.. (I assumed it fixed a persistent person's issue though..?)

37812477_oldvsnew.jpg.f42e06a9acb654d982fbe3936431b204.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aresd said:

Some layout changes to better handle long strings in Duplicant selection screens/pinned resources/diagnostic/world selection panels

@Ipsquiggle 

2020-12-05_0-47-35.png

Edited by aresd

15 minutes ago, 2tallyGr8 said:

wow... That is minuscule

At least it's better than the letter porridge that used to be. :lemo:

@Ipsquiggle, can you fix it too, please?

2020-12-05_1-09-40.png

The rest of the problems with fonts will only inconvenience 10th generation perfectionists and do not create problems with understanding the game for others.

Edited by aresd

Translate Game Update 443836 - Portuguese Translation

Boa Sexta! Alguns ajustes antes do fim-de-semana, e se preparando para o lançamento da próxima semana. Nos estamos ficando realmente animados!

Hot hotfix 443836

• Arrumado o travamento no carregamento da tela de seleção dos Duplicantes ou na geração de um novo Duplicante

Atualização original 443790:

• Mudanças em alguns layouts para melhor lidar com sequencias longas de caracteres na tela de seleção dos Duplicantes, recursos, diagnostico, painel de seleção de mundos
  •  Atualização dos caracteres coreanos
  • Colocamos uma luz piscante no plano de fundo do menu principal
  • Adicionado som ao conduite de teletransporte de envio / Adicionada animação de ativação ao conduite receptor do teletransporte
  • ·Duplicantes e criaturas não podem mais ir para além da beirada dos mundos
  • Construções com armazenamento especificas (armários, refrigeradores, etc.) agora aceitam entregas na maioria das circunstâncias, apenas parando por grandes falhas tais como inundação e soterramento.
  • Arrumado o problemas que os Hatches não iriam aparecer no bioma de arenito no planetoide de teletransporte devido a seu pequeno tamanho
  • Grubgrubs não serão mais encontrado selvagens, exceto por uma característica em algum lugar no mundo.
  • Mudança na composição dos elementos em alguns biomas descampados (Wasteland) e adicionado mais um POI
  • Consertado os segmentos do corpo do Grubgrub que aparecia como branco no overlay de temperatura
  • Grubgrub agora excretam 10% do elemento consumido como lama.
  • Grubgrup necessitam de 16 espaços de blocos por criatura, ao invés de 12
  • Atualização da arte do  Porta Pod
  • O portal de teletransporte não possui mais blocos de vidro. Massa das janelas de vidro das  instalações, reduzidas para 25kg.
  • As habilidades relacionadas ao espaço e foguetes foram remodeladas e retrabalhadas. Isso talvez faça com que alguns Duplicantes que anteriormente conseguiam lançar o foguete, não consigam mais até que a habilidade apropriada seja aprendida
  • Adicionada uma alternativa no menu principal do “Spaced Out” para retornar ao jogo base. ( Eventualmente essa alternativa estará no jogo base também, então por favor clique nessa alternativa e nos deixe saber se encontrou algum problema!)

19 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added a toggle to the main menu of Spaced Out for switching back to the base game. (Eventually such a toggle will be in the base game too, so please give it a click and let us know if you encounter any issues!)

Clicking on it shows message "this doesn't work", see image below:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e190cb3501a8399c7f7a2c698a9fa4cf.png

After using Steam settings to disable and enable DLC again, the game does not see my last DLC game - in the menu there is "New game" on top instead of "Continue: cycle XYZ". I can load the game using "Load" button, but this takes entire ONE! click more!

Also, when the DLC is disabled, I can see the DLC save when clicking "load game" button, but it shows errors. I cannot fully read the error message and even if I could it would be hard for me to guess that the issue is the lack of DLC - I'd say it is because my Steam didn't update something and I'd waste time trying to update up-to-date files...

Spoiler

image.png.aebc5d3e3c98c99c4c0ae4268ab457cc.png

When I do the opposite - trying to load base game save while using the DLC, I can see similar thing, but the error clearly specifies that this save doesn't use the DLC and thats why I cannot load it now.

Edited by pether

On 12/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Shuffled around and reworked Duplicant skills related to space and rocketry.

On the one hand, I like that rocketry is now its own skill.

On the other hand, I dislike that my dupes have to learn rocketry before they can learn to wear exosuits and I don't think Improved Carrying should be a prerequisite for Mechatronics Engineering.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, no. said:

Also, just curious if you changed the font in the Dupe-selection screen with this update? The text is much harder on my eyes, but I can't tell if it's an actual font change or I'm just in the pre-stages of a migraine, ha!

Same here. It's so much harder to read >_<

And it seems so unnecessary when you have such a huge screen with so much possible space to expand text into...

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

9 hours ago, soundasleepful said:

Same here. It's so much harder to read >_<

You know there is UI scaling in the game, right? (just genuinely asking... it took me some time to figure it out ;) ) I think it will work fine in big screens.

Spoiler

ui3.JPG.1803835b5c4b82a5543d2ad027028fb4.JPGui3.thumb.png.9ee3588ce48fbdc1e5470f67eeca863d.png

ui2.JPG.7a7aeb58c35b5e67464354a9c1efd813.JPGui2.thumb.png.343a3f0069f833e38812b295867b7239.png

Smaller screens like mine still have some issues scaling up..

Spoiler

ui4--.jpg.3773572e9ced06772ddd37c7a9533ca6.jpg

ui4.thumb.png.fead9159710c847a8d1af206b5cd3399.png