Watering Cans in the new beta

From what i can see so far ponds seem to be the only way to fill them with water, Is this true?

If so id reccomend klei add some sort of well structure, so we dont have to walk all the way to a pond every time we need water. (Or base near a pond and have to deal with frogs constantly)

I found the other day that in winter, ponds freeze over, but you can go into the cave and fill the water cans with the ponds by toad stool/lichen :)

However, I have NO idea why... but after I filled all 5 water cans and came up from the cave...  all my water cans had 0% durability. Maybe someone can shed light onto why that happened or if it was a bug x_x

• Developer
Just now, Bird Up said:

I found the other day that in winter ponds freeze over, but you can go into the cave and fill the water cans with the ponds by toad stool/lichen :)

However, I have NO idea why... but after I filled all 5 water cans and came up from the cave...  all my water cans had 0% durability. Maybe someone can shed light onto why that happened or if it was a bug x_x

Its a bug, as a work around until the next hotfix, you can use them once(so they drop below 100%) in the caves, say by lighting and extinguishing something, and then the durability will stay when you go back to the surface.

1 hour ago, Bird Up said:

I found the other day that in winter, ponds freeze over, but you can go into the cave and fill the water cans with the ponds by toad stool/lichen :)

You can use ice to fill the watering cans to let you know.

this probably very unrealistic but i think it would be cool if the malbatross watering can had a special ability that the beak like filters seawater or something into fresh water then you can refill it at the ocean and use it to water your crops then its more of an upgrade to the normal one and feels worthy of being made with a boss item

dang I didnt see someone else had the same idea above me :wilson_ecstatic:

14 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

this probably very unrealistic but i think it would be cool if the malbatross watering can had a special ability that the beak like filters seawater or something into fresh water then you can refill it at the ocean and use it to water your crops then its more of an upgrade to the normal one and feels worthy of being made with a boss item

dang I didnt see someone else had the same idea above me :wilson_ecstatic:

10000000%agree 

mainly because malbatross is one of my favorite bosses and to give people another reason to fight her would be great 

Archived