Chlorine containment, how do I move it?

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's neat, so combine a room with dasha saltvines, squeaky pufts, and ore scrubbers?

“Or” not “And”. Any one of those will destroy chlorine over time.

Dasha saltvines consume chlorine over time to produce salt.

Squeaky pufts convert 95% consumed chlorine to bleach stone. If you offgas the bleach stone into chlorine, you can keep destroying 5% until all is gone. Alternatively you could then consume the bleach stone in a hot tub or hand sanitizing station.

Ore scrubbers consume an amount of choline to clean germ covered objects carried by duplicants that pass it. Could place one next to a water sieve that cleans toilet water, that’s germ things up quickly.

Yesterday I had terrible, terrible chlorine contamination, pushing my oxygen out of living area of my base. I had to compress it using 3-door device I saw last time on Brothgar's video:

Spoiler

Those are 3 airlock doors. 1st connects with the 2nd with buffer+filter gates, 2nd with 3rd the same: buffer+filter, 3rd connects with 1st using NOT gate. You can run the NOT signal to the AND gate, as second input providing switch signal if you want to have manual control over the system.

This device will push all gas from one side of the doors to the other, compressing it and storing for future use. 

If you don't want to use the gas, you can use 2 doors, connect 1st to some timer sensor and 1st with 2nd using buffer gate. Door will open, gas will flow in, 1st door will close, then 2nd one, crushing the gas out of the existance. If you want to speed up the process you can multiply 2nd door as many times you want, connecting all of them to a single logic wire. You can also scale the device up, making it 2 or more doors height. I use it instead of carbon skimmer if I have too much CO2 in my base and no use for it

10 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Squeaky pufts convert 50% consumed chlorine to bleach stone.

It's 95% these days.

3 hours ago, pether said:

Yesterday I had terrible, terrible chlorine contamination, pushing my oxygen out of living area of my base. I had to compress it using 3-door device I saw last time on Brothgar's video:

I just put a gas pump feeding into a bottler in a low pit where it tends to collect.

9 hours ago, pether said:

Those are 3 airlock doors. 1st connects with the 2nd with buffer+filter gates, 2nd with 3rd the same: buffer+filter, 3rd connects with 1st using NOT gate.

That's a tremendous waste of refined metal, when all you need is two weight plates and a not gate. 

3 hours ago, Yunru said:

That's a tremendous waste of refined metal, when all you need is two weight plates and a not gate. 

Weight plates aren't going to help since nobody is ever going to step on them.  The idea isn't for the doors to allow dupes through without letting ( much ) gas through, the idea is to constantly open/close and compress gas to one side.  Also I don't think weight plates work for auto opening a mechanized airlock since until someone actually steps on the plate, the door is locked, and therefore, there is no valid path to the other side, so dupes won't come to the weight plate.

3 hours ago, Joe Mucchiello said:

I don't understand. How did the chlorine get into your base in the first place? Liquid locks are all that's needed to keep chlorine in the biomes it  comes from.

Cause I keep refreshing my base so I can figure out new schematics.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:08 AM, psusi said:

Weight plates aren't going to help since nobody is ever going to step on them.  The idea isn't for the doors to allow dupes through without letting ( much ) gas through, the idea is to constantly open/close and compress gas to one side.  Also I don't think weight plates work for auto opening a mechanized airlock since until someone actually steps on the plate, the door is locked, and therefore, there is no valid path to the other side, so dupes won't come to the weight plate.

We don't care about dupes: closed doors have weight, as used in the builds in the thread in my signature. 

7 hours ago, Yunru said:

We don't care about dupes: closed doors have weight, as used in the builds in the thread in my signature. 

Oh, so you leave the door on manual and use the sensor to detect when it is opened?  Also you don't seem to have a signature.

40 minutes ago, psusi said:

Oh, so you leave the door on manual and use the sensor to detect when it is opened?  Also you don't seem to have a signature.

You must either be on mobile, or have signatures disabled.

Thankfully, I'm now on laptop so I can see my own signature to link it directly:

(Yalp's post has the version I'm talking about)

If any gas in your base where oxygen might be pressurized to 1800+ kg / tile then you can build a regular tile and hope it aims at the packet of gas whether it is chlorine, hydrogen or natural gas. Building the tile on top of the gas packet deletes it. You can also use Gas Pumps with a shut off gas valve and element sensor to push out gases you don't need and further filter out chlorine into a gas reservoir. Since chlorine and natural gas and CO2 collect under oxygen you can easily "skim" these gases out of your main base.. the hydrogen works best with the build-a-tile method.

On 12/1/2020 at 4:52 AM, minespatch said:

I save that for power. With the plugslugs, hydrogen power is even more useful.

You feed plug slugs? In a starting zone that barely has a total of 150 tons of mixed metal ores? What happens when you run out of ores? :(

I don't feed slugs.. Actually I see them as a nuisance lol.. once I plugged solar panels that's it. They hydrogen they give off isn't worth it. It's best to build a SPOM that gives you hydrogen excess to accumulate and use when needed.

Archived