I have to test how much members of the community know about regrowth

Regrowth of resource sources such as tufts, saplings and bushes.  

89 members have voted

1. 1. In survival, do you think that tufts, saplings and bushes regrow after being dug?

• Yes. They absolutely do, tell your friends that they regrow. Thanks.
    • No. They absolutely do not. Tell your friends that they don't regrow and to stop spreading misinformation.
  2. 2. Do you think that tufts, saplings and bushes regrow in wilderness?

3. 3. Do you think tufts, saplings and bushes regrow in endless?

You seem to be a little too desperate to keep pushing your idea of adding craftable tufts into the game like it's a priority.

Even to question the knowledge of a handfull of people about a hidden mechanic of the game. Why even bother.

Something terrible happened to your world or something? Do you wanna talk?

38 minutes ago, Kuro_kira said:

Do you wanna talk?

I want to talk about how dismissive that statement is. Let's talk about how much bigger it makes you feel and how good it makes you feel about yourself asking that. 

Go have a cake or something to feel better rather than act so snide. There's something called a runner's high. Why don't you go have a run to feel better about yourself? There are great online stores for fashion. You should probably dress nicely to better about yourself.

Better things to do than to sneer at people the way you do. At least I'm taking steps to explore what misinformation has seeped into the community about certain mechanics some players may not know about and have been misinformed about to make their experiences better.

Christ, dude. What do you think you achieve being as dismissive as you are being?

44 minutes ago, Kuro_kira said:

You seem to be a little too desperate to keep pushing your idea of adding craftable tufts into the game like it's a priority.

Even to question the knowledge of a handfull of people about a hidden mechanic of the game. Why even bother.

Something terrible happened to your world or something? Do you wanna talk?

Is doing the same like when wigfrid get her new idle...

6 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Let's talk about how much bigger it makes you feel and how good it makes you feel about yourself asking that. 

Isnt the poll about it? XD

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Isnt the poll about it? XD

This poll is about address misinformation. It's a problem that's existed for a while about knowledge that aren't fact. 

I've seen a few people over the past few days quote that plants regrow in survival when they do not do so at all. You have a literal vendetta against me and you should back up. Every single thing I say, you have to "attempt" to refute because you don't like me as a person. 

If you have nothing at all to contribute, play some fortnite or watch some pewds. 

8 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Every single thing I say, you have to "attempt" to refute because you don't like me as a person. 

You are being paranoide. I gavee you like in many post if i like the idea

But spaming threads about the same idea and you come talking like this

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

First, I want to see how deeply rooted the lies are

And now with this

10 minutes ago, chirsg said:

If you have nothing at all to contribute, play some fortnite or watch some pewds

About the thread, is spread that disease needs a nevision and that berry bushes and other plans should have a way to regrow but you are pushing a lot to be the new item the key for that when it could be another thing that fits better

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Is doing the same like when wigfrid get her new idle...

Well because this thread probably isn’t going to remain up long for obvious reasons, I feel like I’ll at least answer this part: I personally Do NOT like Wigfrids bow Idle.. it feels less like a unique character idle Animation and more like a Generic Emote from the Emote wheel.

Now I will go into depth as to Explaining why: Wendy’s Idol has her pulling out a flower and plucking away its petals, a unique Wendy exclusive item in her hand, Woodie pulls out his beloved axe Lucy and proceeds to lovingly pat it.. again another unique exclusive item in Hand.

WILLOWs idol will have her pull out and hug Either Bernie or if you purchased it.. Ashley.

Then when you look at Emotes themselves not character idles but Emotes- like Bonesaw, Starvers Carol, Joyful Toast (whatever that ones actually called) They each involve holding a saw, Music book (while your character actually sings) Or a Coffee Mug that swishes hot cocoa out as you swing it back and forth.

So yeah let it be known that I DO NOT like Wigfrids not so unique idol.. and I just stated why.

But Klei probably didn’t want to spend as much time working on her so they could focus on this upcoming Forbidden Knowledges update.

I am slightly upset that Hallowed Nights is remaining unchanged from last years, but Klei stated that they want to focus on those big juicy updates instead and I totally understand that.

My only hope is that they’ll at least look over Wigfrids idol and give it something Unique.. Put a Music sheet in her hand and let her bow left and then right with her musical instrument voice mimicking like she’s saying “Thank You, Thank You”

Just something.. with a little more unique personality in it.  it doesn’t have to be a top priority right now.. but if we’re getting a QoL update #3 a more improved Wigfrid idle animation would be something I would request on that list.

Oh I want to add one more thing- Who needs Grass Tufts when you can have a farm of Grass Gecko?? They’re infinitely more cool then just some boring old Tuft.

First of all, I have nothing wrong against you, if that's what you'll wonder, but the feature you desire is literally in the game already, you just have to play endless mode, that's why it's called like that, because almost every resource is unlimited, whereas in survival that doesn't happen willfully, because of obvious reasons.

OP, you shouldn't be bothered this much about your previous Terra Firma Tamper proposal not gaining traction with forumers as to passive-aggressively question their general knowledge over WorldGen Regrowth Mechanic in a special thread with sarcastic poll options - it diminishes your initial endeavor. At most take a neutral stance, also including some blank/"I am not sure/I don't know" answer - and perhaps make results anonymous so as to have as many people as possible interact with it, and not give the impression you're shaming the people responding erroneously.

More so, as I've written in your other thread on same subject (and offered an alternative solution), I don't think in current state of the game there truly are any experienced players for whom Grass Tufts, Saplings, and/or Berry Bushes have gone extinct in their Survival worlds for any reason imaginable so that your Tamper suggestion would truly hold water, as the saying goes (and inexperienced players won't advance into a world enough for this issue to become a factual problem anyway).

I answered the poll incorrectly on purpose because the op made the choices rather hilarious- I suspect that some other people also did the same.

Regardless- Instead of making 4/5 threads about it, why not ask for it in a thread on what you would like to see in a Quality of life update.

Can you add an "I don't know" option? Without looking it up, I can't honestly answer all the questions.

Which is a problem on its own. It shows how little known this issue is.

When I was scouting for a good permanent survival world I found an interesting one that only had normal berries and pig bushes, I had to ask if I'd eventually get juicy berry bushes sprouting, got someone saying yes. Mind you I didn't even know to specify it was survival. I just thought it was a thing and wanted to confirm. Then someone else mentioned that it only happens in endless? Then I got all confused and it took the issue coming up on forums here to even realize that survival worlds don't have regrowth. Survival is all I care about so I haven't looked up the others. And just NOW I realize that my lumpy trees really are going to go extinct, so I need to go try really hard to get a lumpy treeguard and protect any I get as long as possible. Even if they commit the sin of killing my dear friend Bearger.

I do agree that you are coming off a bit passive-aggressive, but you also bring up a real point about this being a pretty obscure thing.

23 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Then I got all confused and it took the issue coming up on forums here to even realize that survival worlds don't have regrowth.

They actually do have regrowth. In fact, the only difference between endless/survival regrowth is the grass/twigs/berries. Everything else grows, including lumpy trees and mushtrees in the caves.

10 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

...Survival is all I care about so I haven't looked up the others. And just NOW I realize that my lumpy trees really are going to go extinct, so I need to go try really hard to get a lumpy treeguard and protect any I get as long as possible. Even if they commit the sin of killing my dear friend Bearger.

Evergreens, likewise Lumpy Trees, do regrow in Survival worlds too. All tree variants do, only plants are excepted (still it seems some plants do re-spawn around Portal and beside Sinkholes, in Caves; am not 100% sure about this, but in past, in my many Survival pub adventures, I do remember having some Berry Bushes reappear beside Caves exits).

Here's a DST Regrowth Wikia article for more in-depth information.

6 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

They actually do have regrowth. In fact, the only difference between endless/survival regrowth is the grass/twigs/berries. Everything else grows, including lumpy trees and mushtrees in the caves.

5 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Evergreens, likewise Lumpy Trees, do regrow in Survival worlds too.

Thank you both. I suppose I ought actually read up on it now, and maybe do some personal testing of the portals.

Archived