Regarding Mysterious Energy

The new beta branch introduced a very interesting object called "The Mysterious Energy", which appears after gathering all of the three key altars ( Celestial Tribute, Celestial Altar and the newest addition, the Celestial Sanctum ) at the Lunar Island and placing them inside the enlightment fissures. Now, my main speculation about this particular floating "ball" is that it most likely will be the activating factor to a brand new Boss Fight. Considering we have yet to see the Sealed Portal's greater meaning, it definitely will be connected to the Mysterious Energy itself, or atleast what will become of it. Personally, i believe the fight itself will take place on the Lunar Island, mostly due to the range of ambience created from the energy once it's summoned and it taking a hefty distance, aswell as destroying any nearby structures that are "too close" to it, though i welcome a surprise with open arms. Other thought i had regarding this lil' orb is that we will have to bring it to the archive's portal itself, causing whatever has been sealed there to burst open. My last vision for this scenario is that it will turn out similarly to how Shadow Pieces and Fuelweaver were introduced, but since the energy already has the same tape that the Ancient Gateway had before finally unleashing Fuelweaver, i think in energy's case it will be a straight jump into action. In the end, those are just few of my personal theories. As to the appearence of the big bad, i had a few pictures about it. From a towering "Gestalt" like celestial being sent by "Them", bound to protect the Island or given mission to annihilate whoever dared to open/use the energy, to an archive Sentinel with the same objective, or perhaps even one of "Them". What terror do you think our survivors will face next or what wisdom can this tiny yet peculiar "ball" of energy hold? Perhaps it' won't even be a fight, but a key to an alternate world/dimension? :wilson_curious:

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

From a towering "Gestalt" like celestial being sent by "Them", bound to protect the Island or given mission to annihilate whoever dared to open/use the energy, to an archive Sentinel with the same objective, or perhaps even one of "Them".

That part won't happen. Have you seen the Shadow War? The Moon and Them are ancient rivals.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

and the newest addition, the Celestial Ward

(It's actually called the Celestial Sanctum, the ward is just a piece of it, I know I'm just nitpicking stuff, but I am not strong enough to stop myself from doing so I'm sorry)

9 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

(It's actually called the Celestial Sanctum, the ward is just a piece of it, I know I'm just nitpicking stuff, but I am not strong enough to stop myself from doing so I'm sorry)

It's alright, i didn't know the proper name for it anyway so thanks for that, ingame it's just called Celestial Altar when built from what i remember.

Just now, bruhmoment23 said:

It's alright, i didn't know the proper name for it anyway so thanks for that, ingame it's just called Celestial Altar when built from what i remember.

yea, probably should report that. The pieces are called the Celestial Sanctum Ward, and Celestial Sanctum Icon, however

don't bother, I'll report it, I have noticed it myself as well

Although I'll check it first, they might've fixed it in the latest patch

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m hoping it leads to a harder world brand new mobs with advanced gameplay mechanics.. but it will probably just be for some end game boss fight.

I would love to see that. Honestly, I think it would be kind of boring to get a boss, it's been done before with the Fuelweaver. I want to see something new personally.

9 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I would love to see that. Honestly, I think it would be kind of boring to get a boss, it's been done before with the Fuelweaver. I want to see something new personally.

Well uhh if I was designing it this would be the way of assembling DST’s (currently non-existent) 5 part Adventure mode portal.. I want a grand finale quest to find & free Charlie as a playable character, just as I had to free Maxwell in DS solo.. I know Klei said it’s not possible before but- nothing is impossible with enough time, resources, technology, and will power.

Because to me all these hoops you have to jump through to obtain this “Mysterious Energy” seems to be ways for the game to check and see if your even capable of whatever “Harder Challenges” await beyond.

But what do I know?? Only Klei, Charlie (and Wortox) knows what it’s purpose will serve..

What WE only know that it is “Mysterious”

(sorry I had to make that joke.)

Given that we already need to beat a very grindy raid boss just to summon the Mysterious Energy, I'd be hugely disappointed if all it did was activate another boss.

That said, the addition of the Mushy Cake has all but convinced me we'll be getting some sort of super-gestalt boss at some point. Mushy Cake gives you resistance to sleep, which is the Gestalts' primary form of attack, it is a Goodie (meaning everyone, incl. Wigfrid, can eat it) and has more or less zero actual uses right now. All of which makes it a perfect food to use against a gestalt boss that can put players to sleep.

It was mentioned before (I think Discord?) that the idea of a moth boss wasn't off the table...

That and the glass sculptures...

All in all I wouldn't mind another boss but I certainly don't think it'd be original. Plus you have to go through Crab King for it... Hmm.
I'm curious to see what it all is, the war surprised me and makes it impossible for me to try and guess so for now we wait. 

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

It was mentioned before (I think Discord?) that the idea of a moth boss wasn't off the table...

That and the glass sculptures...

All in all I wouldn't mind another boss but I certainly don't think it'd be original. Plus you have to go through Crab King for it... Hmm.
I'm curious to see what it all is, the war surprised me and makes it impossible for me to try and guess so for now we wait. 

They also said the possibility of adding Walani to the game wasn’t off the table to though, and so far neither of those things have come to light.

Get it? “Light” Ohh Nevermind..

Anyways I hope whatever all this is leading up to it’ll be huge jam packed with content beyond just a boss fight and totally awesome!

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I find the concept of the Mysterious Energy simply serving as a light to attract a moth absolutely hilarious.

So I can get behind it.

the ultimate l̷̢̧̢̧̨̢̢̧̡̛͓̻̘̥̪̣͖̦̼̩̤̹̱̘͙̣͎͍͍̝̘͖̯̝̜͖̙̼͇̙̰̩̺̗͉̳̳͚̤̬̘̯̦̩̼̙̟͇̲̣͎̖̖͙͙̞̲̫̦̣͇̰̠̖͉̣̳̎̋̾̑̍̊͂͛̂̌͐͗̌̊̓̓̂̎̋͐͊̐̌̾͛̒͌̓̊́̄̆̀̂͐̌͐͋͛͋͐͂͑̚̚̚͜͝͝͝͝͝ͅą̵̧̡̧̢̡̧̧̢̢̧̨̧̨̨̡̢̨̡̡̧̛̛̛̹̬͉͚̙͇̟̠̱̳̭̱̖̤̱̺͕͓̤͇̙̝̣̬̟͔̦̰̠͓̗͔̤͖͉̗͍̮̼̙̻̲̬̞̫̼̖͎̠̙̗̱͈̰̦͍̹̼̼̬̩͉͖̱͉̞̞͍͖͈̰̺̪͎̰͙͚̭̠̰͇̱̫̞͎͕͍̯̱̹̹͔̗͈̺̣̳͍̤̲͚͕̤̟̹̬͙͍̞̟̝͔̙̪͕͓̲̗̭̥̖̼̼̦̙͕̮̖̩̼̝̺͈̱̗̬͈̺̪͓̙̹̘͚̭͎̠̖̜̗̝͖̙̲̗̜̘͔̖͇͇͕͇̤̼͇̮͍̮͔͍̼̰̫̬͎̩̮̲͍̝̼͍̘͎͇̮́͋̈́͗͆̌̎͋̔͐͂͗̀̽̿͛͗͛̈́͆̍̾́̍̈́́̉̌̂̓̉̓̋͗͛̊͗̽̀͌͌͛̈̑͌̒͛̾͐̌̔̈̋̅̈̃̿̊̂͂̀̄̋̏̅͋̓̽̌̀̓͑̅̏̾͒̌̍̑̍͂͂̑̍̈̈́͐̍͆͛͛̉́̉́̃̈́̇̀̽͛͐͊̽̂̋̓̏̔̒̂̽͋̀͒͂̾̐̉͑͋̉̋͒̄̆̐̅̂͐̈́̃̀͋́̉͆̓̏͂̉̇̾͑̔̂͑̄̄͒̐̀̈́̕̚͘̚͘̕͘͘̕̕͘̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͠͝͝͝͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅm̵̢̢̢̧̢̡̧̢̨̡̨̡̛͚̱̮̬͓̗͎̭̲̞̳̞̙̞̩͎͈̱̻̼̪̺͕͇̗͓̤͚̦̬̣̥͖̟̯̹͍̘͔͚̻̼͇͕̦̳̞̭̭̤͍͎̘̦̗̳̟̩̯̝̭̮̱͚͚͉̗̩̘̣̺̳͖̪͉̺̘̫̥̭͕͈̼̳͔̲͔̝̼̰̩͓̘͉͖̤̤̗̬̝͚̥͇̝͖̭͇͔͖͕͚̹̹̯͎̥͙͉̘̦̪̺͇͔̻̜̯̻̬̖͔̖̲̲̖̳̖̖̭̟͉͙̗̬̹̣̘͎͙̞̼͋͋̈́͗̈͛͂͑̃̀̇̓͐̀͆̋̐̋̽͊̍̆̔̂̄̓̈̐̃͊̈́͌̋͌͗͗̏̓̉̂͒͌̊́̑̕̚̕͘͘͘̚̚͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅp̶̢̨̡̨̨̧̢̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̧̢͖͔̯̜̺͎̳͍͎̪̯̙͉̼̻̪͎̞̳͇̩̺̗̫̭̥͉̰̭̤̣̤̼͔̬̪̹͖̟̯̜̠͕̥̖̭̦̫̫̝͉͙͔͚̥̣̼̥̝̱̖͖͚͎͔̗̘̣̼̺̩͎̼͕̼̹̟̤͖̮̗̥͓͈͇̭̟͉̬̟̱͎͈̹̥̭̘̜͉̰̱̥̳̰̳̹̹̭̯̪̻̙̦͚͎̤̺̪͂̀͊͗͑̈̅̔̃́͒̏͊̎͛̈́̊̊̓͂̽̈́̎̌͐̎̓̄̉̒͂̔̈̇́͗̉̏̿̀̈̓̐̆͋͌̐̂͆̅̅̐͒́͒͋̈̐̂̓̈́͌̌̿̇̿̀̃͗̒̄̓̆̉̐͒̿̚͘͘̚̕̕̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅ

On 10/20/2020 at 11:15 AM, bruhmoment23 said:

all of the three key altars ( Celestial Tribute, Celestial Altar and the newest addition, the Celestial Sanctum

I remember when the second key came out and people were complaining that it was useless, that it was just a portable version of the tribute.

Klei is laughing at us now. 

8 minutes ago, Willyhoo said:

I remember when the second key came out and people were complaining that it was useless, that it was just a portable version of the tribute.

Klei is laughing at us now. 

oh I never lost hope on the Tribute. I knew it was meant for great things

Archived