Shouldn't Walter be behind Wortox?

17 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

I think that the characters are organized from oldest to newest, not if they are dlc or not

I think they're trying to say that all the free characters should be positioned before the paid characters. Since that's what they did with Warly, him being before Wortox although he was released long after Wortox.

1 minute ago, bigGMIW said:

I think they're trying to say that all the free characters should be positioned before the paid characters. Since that's what they did with Warly, him being before Wortox although he was released long after Wortox.

Well, I didnt know that, but its still a kind of dumb problem (Also it may suggest that walter was intended to be a dlc character)

3 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Well, I didnt know that, but its still a kind of dumb problem (Also it may suggest that walter was intended to be a dlc character)

Yeah there was a bit of a miscommunication on whether or not he would be free or dlc so they just made him free.

Just now, bigGMIW said:

Yeah there was a bit of a miscommunication on whether or not he would be free or dlc so they just made him free.

Some people say that if he was dlc, in a way, they would be selling a black kid, which wouldn't be good specially with the BLM movement

6 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Some people say that if he was dlc, in a way, they would be selling a black kid, which wouldn't be good specially with the BLM movement

what?????????

that has got to be the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

5 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Yeah Ik, I dont remember where but I know I heard/read it somwhere

The entire BLM thing was but a speculation, other than the donation to them from klei i i don't think devs stated exactly as to why Walter was free, instead of being a paid dlc character like Wortox.

1 minute ago, bruhmoment23 said:

The entire BLM thing was but a speculation, other than the donation from klei i don't think they stated exactly as to why Walter was free, instead of being a paid dlc character like Wortox.

I kind of got the impression that DLC characters are non-human only. I don't think they said it explicitly, but all the DLC characters so far have been non-human.

1 minute ago, Choosechee said:

I kind of got the impression that DLC characters are non-human only. I don't think they said it explicitly, but all the DLC characters so far have been non-human.

I think that they where monsters as an excuse to have very different game mechanics, like wortox and his souls. Walter kinda fits with that different game mechanic with his gameplay that encourages staying far from enemies and not getting hit

31 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

24 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

what?????????

Okay everyone, calm aaaall of your horses. This is how rumors starts spreading. I heard someone say I heard someone say...

All we know is that Klei said they were going to release a new character, we were expecting it to be DLC, it turned out not to be. And BLM protests were happening. There you go. Let's not start crafting impacting phrases around that.

By the way, shoutout to Klei for donating a million dollars to the movement. 

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

Okay everyone, calm aaaall of your horses. This is how rumors starts spreading. I heard someone say I heard someone say...

All we know is that Klei said they were going to release a new character, we were expecting it to be DLC, it turned out not to be. And BLM protests were happening. There you go. Let's not start crafting impacting phrases around that.

By the way, shoutout to Klei for donating a million dollars to the movement. 

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

The entire BLM thing was but a speculation, other than the donation to them from klei i i don't think devs stated exactly as to why Walter was free, instead of being a paid dlc character like Wortox.

1 hour ago, Starlogy said:

what?????????

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

i said that and was just a dark joke. stop the conspiracies

edit: im starting to think that another user post it before i write it but the thing is the same. Was an obv joke

Can we keep skin color related debates out of video games please? If BLM REALLY Affected their choice not to sell Walter as DLC then Damn man I guess Apex Legends should be pulled from existence since literally over half its roster are colored people- And they have to be unlocked/purchased to get. MIRAGE being one of the most OP character picks in Apex.. So I’m pretty sure- THAT Thought holds no Water.. (or maybe I should say Walter..)

I think what REALLY happened is that Walter was going to be Paid DLC- But at the same time, Klei realized that at the exact same time Walter was releasing they would be adding a new skin set, as well as having a MASSIVE in game sale on skins, and if that wasn’t enough to push Profit- Single Player DLC HAMLET also released on Xbox One at this time.

So they were probably like- We’ll make our money back on all these Awesome skins on sale & the release of Hamlet.. let’s make Walter Free.

But Originally- He was planned to be DLC

(which do keep in mind you don’t have to pay real money for.. you can still Weave for free with enough spools)

57 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i said that and was just a dark joke. stop the conspiracies

There aren't any conspiracies, and it would appear whatever you said has been hidden. My only purpose of replying here was trying to help clearing the visible confusion regarding the subject for few people, that's about it.

20 hours ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

He's technically not DLC.

Technically either every or no character is DLC depending on your point of view.

19 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

Well, I didnt know that, but its still a kind of dumb problem

An issue with the game is an issue with the game no matter how small of a problem you think it is. It's nothing worth writing a negative review over, but this is just a short thread bringing up the discrepancy.

1 hour ago, Articestone said:

JoeWScreen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4_22.43_PM.jpg.da4f22f9648b6fda92551a9ff790d752.jpg

My old klei account banned permanently because of just one racist meme XD And It was really funny, still laughing when remembering it

So I'm trying to keep this one clean...

Archived