I think DST needs..

Let's create a big discussion where everyone will write what you think the game needs at the moment.

I think the game should have:
-Campaign mode
-The ability to reach the final of the game - a portal to the real world
-Get items from bosses that will remain forever
-Dungeon mode in which the console does not work and in which there are rewards
-NPC hero, who will give quests
-Log, on which you can sit by the fire and restore your sanity
-Normal walls that protect from hounds for a long time
-Observation towers from which you can shoot at monsters
-Real dangerous monsters who always attack everyone, from which valuable things fall
-Give Wilson his own special features other than a beard
-Different game modes like tower defense
-Submit content from DLC (Hamlet shipwrecked) to DST

A lot of these things sounds nice on paper but it's really not what the devs have to focus on, really.

To me, and I think it's also what the majority have been requesting for now a long time, DST have to enhances some existing core elements while they keep on going the game story and lore, it's exactly what's going on right now, we have RoT them updates and QoL + characters reworks.

Some of the oldest mechanisms of the game are getting very rusty, I think it's what the next quality of life update should be about, disease, or maybe improve Beefalo taming even tho I like it. On the other side, we've seen a lot of complains about the ocean and boats, it's slowly progressing and gaining interest with time, I'm happy with that, RoT is getting very existing. So I don't feel like we need more than game improvements and re-balancing.

Most of what you propose, OP, doesn't seem to be in the DST "spirit": game is a multiplayer Survival Sandbox and as such is endless in play. Campaign and finality are pretty clearly off the table as per the multiplayer Sandbox component. Then KLei stated in past they went with an intrinsic motivational system as opposed to an extrinsic one (thus no Achievements system and to-do-per-time-unit quests akin your hero proposal - even if Pearl toys a bit in that area) because the extrinsic one makes players lose gaming interest rather quick, after all explicit quests/goals imposed by game are finished, while intrinsic one is basically "your world, your rules, your play-style, your aspirations" ("one's imagination being the limit" motif). Some of your ideas seem pretty specific ("Log, on which you can sit by the fire and restore your sanity", "Get items from bosses that will remain forever", "Dungeon mode" - kinda Terraria-specific, thus more-or-less "clone" concepts of that game); while other ("Normal walls that protect from hounds for a long time", "Real dangerous monsters who always attack everyone, from which valuable things fall" - aka more Seasonal Mini-Boss tier mobs, "Observation towers from which you can shoot at monsters") look in-tune and welcomed. All-in-all is clear we need quite a lot more content related to Survival and all-year-round particularities (more seasons, seasonal changes, more types of weather, mobs and biomes etc), perhaps in a scaling manner (or via macro-world-event triggered by player interaction - think Aporkalypse or Ruins Regeneration level).

6 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

"spirit": game is a multiplayer Survival Sandbox and as such is endless in play. Campaign and finality are pretty clearly off the table as per the multiplayer Sandbox component. Then KLei stated in past they went with an

And it's boring. I want to redirect the genre of the game in a direction that is popular and interesting for direction. Dst has good mechanics, but their application is too narrow.

The game is getting easier every time, and its ultimate goal never appeared.

4 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

And it's boring. I want to redirect the genre of the game in a direction that is popular and interesting for direction. Dst has good mechanics, but their application is too narrow.

DST is a Sandbox Survival game and always will be. If you think that's boring, then I dont think you should be playing DST.

Perhaps Newhome is what you would rather play. It seems to be a dungeon crawler esque game from what I've seen with quests and rewards.

You make your own "ultimate" goal. DST is a never ending experience. 

3 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

The game is getting easier every time, and its ultimate goal never appeared.

Well, I don't know for you or others - yet I can speculate, but I for one am here because of DS/T's Burtonesque (with Lovecraftian under-tones) Survival Sanbox experience. Not a Battle Arena, not some dungeon crawler, tower defense or any other genre out there. If DST would to shift its general atmosphere and play-style I would pretty much be out. And I reckon its core/loyal player-base would have similar views.

7 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Well, I don't know for you or others - yet I can speculate, but I for one am here because of DS/T's Burtonesque (with Lovecraftian under-tones) Survival Sanbox experience. Not a Battle Arena, not some dungeon crawler, tower defense or any other genre out there. If DST would to shift its general atmosphere and play-style I would pretty much be out. And I reckon its core/loyal player-base would have similar views.

See that’s where everyone is wrong- Yes DST is an open world sandbox but it DOES has small hidden almost completely obscure features like Battle Arena, Mini-Games, Tower Defense, Etc..

You trade a belt in to Pig King and you can get amusingly smacked around by pigs carrying hilariously large wooden signs for a few minutes, this in its own existence can be viewed as “Battle Arena”

But is it Mandatory content everyone HAS to play? No it is not.. and a lot of people probably aren’t even aware that it exists.

BE7A4D7C-E294-44F4-8949-C7AADDF77D6C.gif.63e34e044ee19bba1430a90c455d21c3.gif

But it is exactly this kind of content that I enjoy about the game- people could spend their ENTIRE time playing the game never doing this...

Just like people can spend their ENTIRE time on Pearls island helping upgrade and maintain her island for her.

And if they added an NPC with an island of his/her own that had Pre-Built Carrat Racing courses you could train and race Carrat on then people can spend all their time doing that if they wish..

Yes this game has bosses, yes it has dungeons and YES some content may even DEMAND team Work... but it’s NOT a game Left 4 Dead style that Forces team work on you or else... your all going to die.

This game at its heart and core is SANDBOX game.. one where you don’t actually HAVE to go fight Dragonfly if you don’t even want to.. 

Your idea of what’s fun in this game may be vastly different then someone else’s idea of fun- and that’s perfectly fine..

As long as your fun doesn’t interfere with THIER fun and Vice Versa then let the game be Whatever the heck KLEI feels that it should be..

Because I can assure you that no matter what Klei adds to DST- They can never have this game end up being such a confusing mess as the Resident Evil franchise.. which can’t make up its mind WHAT Genre it wants to be.

Forcing everyone to survive by your rules should only be something you should be allowed to do if your the HOST of the Server- and those rules should be toggleable options built into the game- Rather then you telling someone to play your way and hoping they do it..

For example my worlds are set to Random Weather Seasons, and Random Season Lengths... forcing EVERYONE who joins to play by those rules..

But what if I wanted something deeper? Maybe I don’t want people to be able to build a birdcage at all to get endless free supply of eggs from.. there should be customization options that let me do that.

Not a self-Imposed challenge, not something you “Hope” people who join your world will respect and play by- something they are FORCED to adhere to or else find a new room to play in.

A sandbox game can be whatever we “the players” want it to be.. do you find your entertainment out of fishing peacefully? Do you find your entertainment out of constant non-stop boss fights? Do you find entertainment in exploring biomes and fighting mobs inhabiting those biomes? Do you find your entertainment in building a huge mega base and ignoring all that other stuff?

It is ALL there and it’s all DST..

The TL:DR- the only right or wrong way of playing the game should be based entirely upon the settings you apply to a world prior to hosting it.

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

OP, this is simply not the game for you (anymore).

Mike, please stop posting your gameplay gifs that show or mean nothing.

If it meant nothing... Klei wouldn’t have spent development time to add it into the game- Maybe to YOU it means nothing.. but it meant SOMETHING to someone working at Klei (otherwise it wouldn’t be in the game..) and it meant something to ME.

A fun little completely optional and hilarious mini-game people can enjoy. (or not)

4 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

So boring community.. Ok

Nobody's forcing you to play it. You got your suggestions declined, they're bad, not benefitting the game in any form nor make it interesting, just turning it into one of the most generic games possible. Perhaps this game isn't your cup of tea.

1 minute ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Nobody's forcing you to play it. You got your suggestions declined, they're bad, not benefitting the game in any form nor anything interesting. Perhaps this game isn't your cup of tea.

I prefer that you leave the game and I get the game I wanted.

Instead of listening to advice like "don't like it, don't play"

Just now, OrdoXenos said:

A developer team won't bend to one person crying over their failed expectations of a game demanding core gameplay changes, sorry to burst your bubble.

3 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

alright, this betrays your age.

Thread can probably be locked now.

5 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

So boring community.. Ok

I want to see a game that makes sense, and they want to "live the life of a hamster"

Is this a troll post? This community, while mostly friendly can at times provide some pretty harsh feedback- I do not take the time to sit here and passionately write a long wall of text for people to read if they’re just going to skip over the comment without actually throughly reading it.

I always read everything, now rather or not I Understand or even Agree with it is an entirely different subject altogether.. but I Do most defiantly READ it.

Please don’t come here and be like “okay this community is boring, goodbye!” because I think I can speak for everyone (including Klei this once..) when I say that ANYONE that comes to these forums comes here because they want to see, read, view and discuss comments about Klei’s games- We All are here because we (hopefully) all love DST.. and we want to see it grow and become larger then life.

2 hours ago, OrdoXenos said:

Let's create a big discussion where everyone will write what you think the game needs at the moment.

I think the game should have:
-Campaign mode
-The ability to reach the final of the game - a portal to the real world
-Get items from bosses that will remain forever
-Dungeon mode in which the console does not work and in which there are rewards
-NPC hero, who will give quests
-Log, on which you can sit by the fire and restore your sanity
-Normal walls that protect from hounds for a long time
-Observation towers from which you can shoot at monsters
-Real dangerous monsters who always attack everyone, from which valuable things fall
-Give Wilson his own special features other than a beard
-Different game modes like tower defense
-Submit content from DLC (Hamlet shipwrecked) to DST

You can forget any different modes. It would be a waste of time and ressources for Klei. One sand box, one mode only, and yes, it means no hard mode. All the contents should be in the main game, the only mode we have. It's the same reason why they don't want to restart gorge or forge, for now. They have to make a choice. 

But I'm for dungeons, or any ruins. Interiors like in Hamlet.

Npcs of course. More islands, more biomes, increasing the size world, because we'll never have many big islands with the actual size.

Wilson will have his own rework, so more than his beard I guess.

For hounds, there's no better than a trap field. I'm not sure if I want to let red hounds alive... We never know what can happen.

We need more "journeys" like all the quests we make until the fuelweaver. Or pearl, then pearl's pearl, crabking, artefact, etc... We don't know where it leads yet.

And my favourite old idea which replace any hard mode: being able to change the nature of the entire world, with a kind of spell, after a kind of "journey", which create new challenges. 

Right now I would like it if the devs focus on content. Sure quality of life updates and character refreshes are great, but I feel like it would be more interesting and lasting if they focused on content for a bit. And maybe even expanded upon old content. Ex: Its probably at a point where they can start expanding the story of RoT and I really want to see how the celestial tribute does and what its importance is. As for expanding content maybe something small like drops. There are some bosses which lot is really subpar or not useful at all. Mainly malbatross(maybe its beak can do more?), toadstool(infinite glowcap light would be nice as maybe some interesting changes to a new craftable with the skin?), Crab King(I really liked this one idea I saw a while ago where he can drop a crown where you insert gems that give you different effects and it could be repaired using moon stone). Those are just some examples of what I would like to see most.

19 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

then buy it. there is oblivion saga that fits what are you talking but dont make us to like what you suggested just because was you when that doesnt fit this game

54 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If it meant nothing... Klei wouldn’t have spent development time to add it into the game- Maybe to YOU it means nothing.. but it meant SOMETHING to someone working at Klei (otherwise it wouldn’t be in the game..) and it meant something to ME.

A fun little completely optional and hilarious mini-game people can enjoy. (or not)

You are cluttering some threads.

I love the difference in responses in this thread compared to the clockwork pet suggestion thread. If you come in with a decent idea, you'll find positivity and support. Bring a weaker idea to the table and prepare to be blasted. I appreciate the community demanding not just quality of ideas, but well presented ones too. 

48 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

Yeah. When will Klei change dst into an fps??? Fps is a popular genre I'm sure they would get more players if they did that. What? The community is saying its a bad idea? Wow what a boring community. They can go play some other game if they don't want dst to become an fps.

Archived