Wigfrid mains, what do you think of her new idle animation?

Wigfrid's idle  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Wiggy's new bow?

• I main Wigfrid and yes.
    • I main Wigfrid and no
    • I don't main Wigfrid and yes
    • I don't main Wigfrid and no

I would only consider myself a secondary Wigfrid main (Wendy is obviously 1st) But- If my opinion counts..

I like the bowing animation “Encore, Encore” and all that- But (and maybe I’m just Nitpicking here..) I would have Preferred her Animation to be the same one that is currently on the main menu screen for my game- Spear firmly planted in the ground beside her as she reads a music sheet while yelling out into the heavens as little note animations appear above her head (without sound of course...) not only does this fit the Theme of her Animated Short, and the direction they took her Rework in.. but it also opens up the bow to someone else (Like Maxwell or Charlie) who were also stage performers but didn’t make their living off of singing Operas.

Its still a very good animation fitting of a Stage Actress.. so I understand why Klei choose that, I just felt personally like the menu loading screen in the end though- I can totally live with the one she’s got currently because it is still a good one.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would only consider myself a secondary Wigfrid main (Wendy is obviously 1st) But- If my opinion counts..

I like the bowing animation “Encore, Encore” and all that- But (and maybe I’m just Nitpicking here..) I would have Preferred her Animation to be the same one that is currently on the main menu screen for my game- Spear firmly planted in the ground beside her as she reads a music sheet while yelling out into the heavens as little note animations appear above her head (without sound of course...) not only does this fit the Theme of her Animated Short, and the direction they took her Rework in.. but it also opens up the bow to someone else (Like Maxwell or Charlie) who were also stage performers but didn’t make their living off of singing Operas.

Its still a very good animation fitting of a Stage Actress.. so I understand why Klei choose that, I just felt personally like the menu loading screen in the end though- I can totally live with the one she’s got currently because it is still a good one.

I think they might consider that too close to /carol?

I do like the optimism of playable Charlie happening to have emotes assigned to her though.

If I had a choice but still required it to be a bow, I would definitely make it more emotive, less humble and more extravagant. Wigfrid is supposed to be larger than life. Why shouldn't her bow represent that?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hn4t07ypus62okc4df

Or a pose with her pointing the battlespear up, but more drawn out than the example below with a more expressive look on her face.

MarthUpTauntBrawl.gif

I had huge, for lack of a better word, "expectation-itis"

I've been playing primarily Wigfrid, She is why I learned how to fight in this game and even after I knew that Wolfgang was head and shoulders above her as a fighter, it was her boastful charm that kept me playing her. The unique idle she has... It doesn't blow me away. It's not boastful and it's almost submissive. Not about it at all. 

The wigfrid shown in this trailer is not present at all in her idle

4gje6c.gif

Before anyone says I'm just speaking against klei, I'll end with this. Winona, Woodie and Willow got fantastic treatments with their idles. Wortox who isn't a rework character has a unique idle that's extremely endearing and I enjoy seeing it when i'm standing still. Willow's is super cute and demonstrates really well how she values bernie. Woodie when polishing lucy shows how proud he is. Take a good look at his face when he does it. It's not just the body language, it's the expression he has too. Winona screams "let's get to work" with her idle. They've all been done well. Klei brought down the house with those.

When I compare Wigfrid's to theirs, it's honestly budget. 

3 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Before anyone says I'm just speaking against klei, I'll end with this. Winona, Woodie and Willow got fantastic treatments with their idles. Wortox who isn't a rework character has a unique idle that's extremely endearing and I enjoy seeing it when i'm standing still. Willow's is super cute and demonstrates really well how she values bernie. Woodie when polishing lucy shows how proud he is. Take a good look at his face when he does it. It's not just the body language, it's the expression he has too. Winona screams "let's get to work" with her idle. They've all been done well. Klei brought down the house with those.

When I compare Wigfrid's to theirs, it's honestly budget. 

Its your opinion. I dont think anybody can say that you hate klei because you dont like the animation. It could fit more her personality, that is right

What i dont like is the animation when you try to sing without inspiration. Her arm become so hugeeee with some skins xd

I actually like it. Actors bow when the play has finished, so they are no longer playing a character, they are themselves now.

Same goes with Wigfrid's animation. After all, she is playing her character in the constant. Besides, something too dramatic wouldnt pass as an idle animation, all of them are discreet.

And i mean cmon, Wurt scratches one of her horns... so definitely Wigfrid animation is not basic

8 hours ago, Brubs said:

Wurt scratches one of her horns

Just because another idle is just scratching, doesn't make it so Wigfrid's is any better by default. This is like a suffering one up attempt.

Because one character has a "worse" idle animation must obviously mean the worse idle has a monopoly on lazy idle animations.

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

Just because another idle is just scratching, doesn't make it so Wigfrid's is any better by default. This is like a suffering one up attempt.

Because one character has a "worse" idle animation must obviously mean the worse idle has a monopoly on lazy idle animations.

Never said that, you probably skipped what i wrote earlier in that post. Xo

1 hour ago, Spar said:

i read comments and most state they dislike her idle animation or suggest changes but when i see what people voted i feel relieved most people like it because i do too

its always interesting when poll results contradict the comments section :) a rare occurence

Honestly it feels more appropriate as an Emote anyone can use and defiantly NOT Wigfrid exclusive-

I can cement that fact home by stating that I bought Willows belongings set and with THAT Klei even went the extra mile with her refresh to ensure that if you picked Ashley over Bernie.. you would actually SEE Willow Cuddle ASHLEY and Not Bernie..

This Idle however- would fit Wigfrid, Maxwell, Charlie, Characters greeting one another, Japanese mod characters bowing over in “Thanks”  It’s fine if they don’t change it any at all.. because I’m probably just nit-picking at it and loved how Wendy got a cool flower plucking animation & expected Wigfrid to get something equally unique.

47 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This Idle however- would fit Wigfrid, Maxwell, Charlie

in my opinion ... there are several animations that Maxwell and Charlie can do beyond a simple bow examples can be seen in the cinematics of "The Amazing Maxwell" or another example is that Maxwell can take a "Mr. Skitts" with the codex umbra in its inactive animation

:willow:(sorry for my poor English)

Archived