Ocean Setpieces

Hi! So, sadly we haven't gotten much if any setpieces for the ocean. So i've compiled a whole bunch of ideas for set pieces! I really hope we could get some in the next update, whether they're my ideas or something else.

Broken/Ruined Boats!

These are a simple but effective idea! Set pieces containing broken and ruined boats with different look and resources on them. I think this would be a wonderful addition to the game.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

Sea Weed And Sunken Chest Set piece

This set piece would consist of a circle of Sea Weed sorrounding a sunken chest! You can pick up the chest with a pinch n winch but once you do all the sea weeds will agro and start to attack the you and the boat!

(Note: The Chest could/should have better loot than the chests you can find from bottles, to make it that little bit more rewarding)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e0a123f035cd152c67a237b46dcd3071.pngimage.thumb.png.c542b57b0917cc719a0fdfce709f427e.png

Random Waterfalls

Just some random waterfalls as a neutral set piece! It doesn't do anything. It's just for looks.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.967963693c1a48e71513ab2ba884bb71.png

Seasonal Fish Shoal

This shoal is just like any other shoal that's able to spawn Malbatross like usual. But with a small twist of instead spawning seasonal fish depending on the season! Fallfounders in Autumnn, Ice Breams during Winter and so on.

Spoiler

image.png.94fbd53dd2f7fb74a8db45663ececcbf.pngimage.png.2cbd1f19d94e372cd667f09f442c55a4.pngimage.png.ee1935311f40b49fea9428f9b1eab9ea.png
image.thumb.png.04423c58118bbbb83d2bd483f349d315.png

Rockjaws and Strident Trident

This one is pretty much just a rip-off of the classic hound and staff set piece But I think it'd work well!

Spoiler

image.png.475d30033ca6e267e947dc7f84e6aede.png

Cookie Cutter And Boat

This set piece consists of a singular boat with many boat fragments spawned around and a bunch of cookie cutters around. Nothing too interesting other than the cookie cutters attacking the boat and eating the fragments. But it adds to the oceans environment!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ad923fb0449c9eea8275b5325bdc28d9.png

Edit: And thanks to a friend for helping me come up with some ideas, :)

And that's all i've got so far. I'd love to hear any ideas anyone else has!

Everything fits pretty nice and would be more perfect with Klei touch (Like sharks can turn around of item like shark movies)

But except Waterfalls because they are not exactly waterfalls. They are limit of the end of worlds. I mean when u fall from there, you just go nowhere. You fall from world and the water limits in random places look like bug instead of update. At least that's what I understand from DS world.

images-10.jpeg.d662b461ad7daf4207080cfacb406277.jpeg

But that's just a little thing. Rest of your ideas are sweet. We can get waterspouts or whirlpools instead of it.

6 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Everything fits pretty nice and would be more perfect with Klei touch (Like sharks can turn around of item like shark movies)

But except Waterfalls because they are not exactly waterfalls. They are limit of the end of worlds. I mean when u fall from there, you just go nowhere. You fall from world and the water limits in random places look like bug instead of update. At least that's what I understand from DS world.

images-10.jpeg.d662b461ad7daf4207080cfacb406277.jpeg

But that's just a little thing. Rest of your ideas are sweet. We can get waterspouts or whirlpools instead of it.

No, you don't plunge into space beyond the RoT ocean. 

You just fall down into the old cardboard ocean.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

No, you don't plunge into space beyond the RoT ocean. 

You just fall down into the old cardboard ocean.

Forgot about it but I think cardboard ocean is probably like endless space :D

But not sure about it, just my opinion.

Archived