Crock Pot Dishes Tier List

5 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Well you don't even need to go on the ocean, as the fish that spawn in the coasts and even the lakes are good enough. And small fish don't take much skill at all.. like really they are too easy to catch sometimes. And the only luck is them spawning. And they spawn quite often.

And from my experiences, it's been so much easier to just catch a few fish for quick healing rather than having to wait for a bird to land just to put into the birdcage after someone forgot to feed the last one

I never play on pubs so I can't relate.  I either play solo or with friends on a shared world that we only play together.  Our bird is either fed or bundled, but even if it wasn't I feel I could catch a single bird with a trap / seed quicker then I could catch 4 fish.  We usually loot the lunar island first autumn so we have both stone fruits and kelps for an endless supply of veggies.  In this way perogies are naturally abundant where we'd have to take a break to fish any time we wanted to spam healing items.

When I did my tier list this was the main difference between S, A, and B tier.  S tier are the foods that are both good, and have ingredients you will naturally stock up almost no matter what your play style is.  A tier are good foods that have ingredients that aren't too far out of the way.  If your play style brings these ingredients in they are a natural item to make instead.  I put surf n turf here.  If you just like fishing, or boating then you'll easily have the ingredients to make these.  B tier are good dishes that have ingredients you can't rely on having, but if you end up with some - like milk, butter, or birtchnuts, then these are also good foods.

I'm pretty sure others sorted their tier lists taking this same consideration into account.  If a food was the most amazing food in the game, totally filling your health, hunger, and sanity values to cap BUT you had to put something like a "Toadstools Froglegs" into the crock pot for it, it wouldn't exactly be S tier compared to the easily spammable no-matter-your-playstyle perogies and cooked cactus / green caps.

17 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Meaty stew is a waste if your character has a small stomach and bacon & eggs takes its place because the slow spoil rate means you can carry a nice stack with you. So these lists are really pointless unless you specify the character

In that case you should wait till the Meaty Stew becomes stale so you'll be able to "fully" benefit from it: Even if it's stale it will still restore 100 hunger per meaty stew for all but three characters (WX-78 restores 150 hunger, Wickerbottom restores 50 hunger, Wurt can't eat meat). Once spoiled it will restore 75 hunger at the cost of 10 sanity.

Just now, gaymime said:

i dunno, maybe they thought more people would be fishing?

It's not about the frequency of fishing, it's about the numerical mechanics of it. When Ceviche was first introduced in Warly update it required 2 freshwater fish and 1 ice to make, to resemble its Shipwrecked recipe that requires 2.0 fish. It was a fairly underpowered but fine recipe, similar to Kabobs, making your body cool down, giving it a niche use in summer, especially in the oasis.

When they made a complete overhaul to fish values in Hook Line and Inker, they made freshwater and small fish worth 0.5 fish unlike shipwrecked but totally forgot to adjust Ceviche to the new values. As such, Ceviche now requires an absurt amound of fish for what it does and it's completely irrelevant in summer as you can't make it without spelunking or seafaring. According to DST fish values it should require 1.0 fish but they forgot to adjust it.

32 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

It's not about the frequency of fishing, it's about the numerical mechanics of it. When Ceviche was first introduced in Warly update it required 2 freshwater fish and 1 ice to make, to resemble its Shipwrecked recipe that requires 2.0 fish. It was a fairly underpowered but fine recipe, similar to Kabobs, making your body cool down, giving it a niche use in summer, especially in the oasis.

When they made a complete overhaul to fish values in Hook Line and Inker, they made freshwater and small fish worth 0.5 fish unlike shipwrecked but totally forgot to adjust Ceviche to the new values. As such, Ceviche now requires an absurt amound of fish for what it does and it's completely irrelevant in summer as you can't make it without spelunking or seafaring. According to DST fish values it should require 1.0 fish but they forgot to adjust it.

ok, i didn't understand that part. i've eaten lots of sw ceviche but i don't fish in together since the fish stay alive so i thought they were 1:1

Surf and Turf is secret OP in caves/ruins. I unironically bring a fishing rod with me in the caves because 2 eels and 2 monster meat make surf and turf. Obviously more viable as Warly because you can walk around with a crockpot in your pocket but its honestly a great recipe.

1 hour ago, E1234 said:

Surf and Turf is secret OP in caves/ruins. I unironically bring a fishing rod with me in the caves because 2 eels and 2 monster meat make surf and turf. Obviously more viable as Warly because you can walk around with a crockpot in your pocket but its honestly a great recipe.

That's a good point, plus rock lobster / spider farms are super easy to maintain anywhere in the ruins, so you can easily support the silk needed to fish these up.

Big shout out to the new leafy meat recipies, beefy greens is by far my favorite; it is just too good!

Also, Surf n' Turf is absolutely amazing, being easier to get than both dragon pies and pierogies!

Finaly, if you're playing Warly with a bunch of other people, the recipie for Bone Bouillon is gonna come in handy! Lol

my-image.png

Archived