Is it okay to be burnt out of DST after 2 months of playing?

Yep, especially from playing on old worlds when I'm the last active on it, so I often take a break and start a new one with the friends weeks later. I don't really have the patience to play only by myself these days. Eventually I will feel like doing more solo worlds later, let's pretend it's cyclic.

I once saw a quote online from a user on another platform and I just had to save it because of how perfectly I think it hit the mark on both burnout and "taking things (especially games) too seriously".

"Everything you ever do will eventually become some measure of boring if you can completely, truly, and utterly understand it. At a certain point, the fact that it’s little more than an art show with more man hours and vertices becomes apparent, as it’s all about the 'experience' of the activity rather than the goal of it. A roller coaster does not have a substantive thesis, anything to say, agree with, disagree with, or, most importantly, discuss; it is simply a roller coaster."

- Some username I forgot

Its totally normal to grow disillusioned with something after being exposed to it for so long and having it become undesirable as a probable result.

For some people it takes months, for some like me it took years.

And yes, its totally okay to be burnt out. 

Yes- I suggest you take a break and play DS Shipwrecked or DS Hamlet, but if your burnt out on DS completely.. just play something else-

With Gotham Knights coming out soon- now is an excellent time to replay through the Arkham Games ;)

Disclaimer: I’m a mega huge Batman fan so did you honestly expect me to say anything else? 

Archived