[POL] August QOL: One change you would be content with

Do people even read this?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one change you would really like to see on August 20th

• Item(s) changed/added/buffed (e.g. Tail O' Three Cats, Cat Cap, Mushlight)
    • Foraging (farms, mushroom planter, seed drop birdcage)
    • Domestication (overall beefalo improved, tame other mobs, refuel salt lick, mob bugs)
    • Structures (e.g. Ice Flingomatic, Marble Structure craftability, Scaled Furnace)
    • Skin Items/Structures/Characters/Bugs (e.g. wormwood trail, hats look weird on some characters)
    • Naval (e.g. soft boat beaching, reel in items like salt, easier boat control)
    • Worldgen (more variety options, presets)
    • World gameplay (disease fix, wildfires, oasis season tweak)
    • Game engine (performance improvements)
    • Graphical (color blind mode, shadow creature visibility, End is Nigh flickering)
    • Combat (e.g. prioritize force attack mobs over walls, ignore birds when having melee weapon unless they are stunned)
    • I am content with whatever update Klei brings
    • Other (please include in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/20 at 08:59 PM

What I most hope is that a cure for disease will be launched in the game, I have a world close to 4000 days on PS4 and I am very sad that I cannot keep any crops due to illness in the world, and unfortunately on PS4 we cannot use codes or mods  to disable the disease.

My vote goes towards an improvement for farming, even if it was something as simple as each harvest yielding two to three of the grown crop.

That being said, the world related options had me remember how I often times wish that players were guaranteed more than one walrus camp per world. Unless you get the triple camp set piece, there's a very good chance that you won't be able to obtain enough walking canes on your first winter for a small group even if you kill him as many times as possible. But if the moonstone forest always had two camps instead of one, then that probably wouldn't be an issue barring extremely unlucky rng.

33 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

My vote goes towards an improvement for farming, even if it was something as simple as each harvest yielding two to three of the grown crop.

That being said, the world related options had me remember how I often times wish that players were guaranteed more than one walrus camp per world. Unless you get the triple camp set piece, there's a very good chance that you won't be able to obtain enough walking canes on your first winter for a small group even if you kill him as many times as possible. But if the moonstone forest always had two camps instead of one, then that probably wouldn't be an issue barring extremely unlucky rng.

um... you can set walrus camps to 'more' or 'lots'? i can get several camps to spawn when i tick the box up from the default setting, or are you on console?

30 minutes ago, gaymime said:

um... you can set walrus camps to 'more' or 'lots'? i can get several camps to spawn when i tick the box up from the default setting, or are you on console?

No, I am on pc and am aware of the "more" and "lots" world gen settings. Thing is, using even just the "more" setting for anything absolutely floods the world with way too much of said thing, and in the case of walrus camps would make winter borderline impossible to survive. (though admittedly it would be pretty amusing thing to try just to watch my inevitably death of being mauled by blue hounds while being gunned down by darts from all directions) The other thing that I don't like about those settings is that they spawn the selected things outside of the biomes/places that their supposed to only be found in, removing most of the challenge of gathering that resource as they would then literally be everywhere.

Hope that doesn't seem too nitpicky.

1 hour ago, Stonetribe said:

No, I am on pc and am aware of the "more" and "lots" world gen settings. Thing is, using even just the "more" setting for anything absolutely floods the world with way too much of said thing, and in the case of walrus camps would make winter borderline impossible to survive. (though admittedly it would be pretty amusing thing to try just to watch my inevitably death of being mauled by blue hounds while being gunned down by darts from all directions) The other thing that I don't like about those settings is that they spawn the selected things outside of the biomes/places that their supposed to only be found in, removing most of the challenge of gathering that resource as they would then literally be everywhere.

Hope that doesn't seem too nitpicky.

haha, it is not nitpicky at all x''D i had a world where like 6 walrus camps spawned within a half day of each other(one was a triple plus three singles spread out) and whenever i would pass by to get to the bee cluster the beef herd would be smaller, the pigs would be mysteriously gone and there would be belts and blowdarts scattered around, hahaha i got three tams on the same day from a scuffle where they all came out at the same time and five of them decided to cluster up in the same spot

i do agree i am not impressed with things spawning outside of their designated biomes though. a little bit of it rarely is totally fine but i like playing games with lots of cactus and it is weird to find forest and marsh cacti all over while the grasslands and desert are not much more full than before

Love to see more item buffs because the last one went really well. Marble suit when from an expensive meme to an actual viable armor and now is very helpful during the Wendy bee queen boss rush (From Don Giani). This fight requires so little healing now that you can bring marble suits.

I think expecting them to rework something like how farming works is just setting your expectations too high for whats going to be a small QOL update. But they can make them cheaper to craft, or make birds give at least two seeds guaranteed when you feed it a fruit. Part of what makes farming such a meme is that after building 10+ plots, you still have to rely on RNG and feed some of your crops to the bird to barely recoup the cost. It just takes way too long for a food resource that isnt even available in for 30 days a season cycle. Cutting out the RNG from that would be very nice.

Three polls and countless suggestion threads in and the community's concerns remain the same still.

Givem the amount of attention, I certainly hope they're addressed this coming Friday (the update arrives a day after the proposed date due to time zones).

Spoiler

Also nobody cares about poll titles because the topic name already serves as one so my poll titles are usually jokes

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Three polls and countless suggestion threads in and the community's concerns remain the same still.

Givem the amount of attention, I certainly hope they're addressed this coming Friday (the update arrives a day after the proposed date due to time zones).

Reveal hidden contents

Also nobody cares about poll titles because the topic name already serves as one so my poll titles are usually jokes

I am surprised that the disease fix didn't get much traction as in the other two polls. I would assume not many players are mega base junkies, and even if they are there is still an option to disable disease. But changing farms, and inefficient items still remains a strong opinion.

Archived