This thread is for deletion!

GrzechuGrek

I'm GOG user and customer. And as many other GOG customers, I did buy DS:Alone Pack and want to buy Hamlet DLC but can't due to KLEI didn't release Hamlet for GOG. What is worst, Klei not just didn't release this DLC for GOG, but show for customers contempt through silence! There don't any notice about eventually date of release and any forum post and PM are without any responds from Klei. This clearity seems that Klei just ignore customers. This is shame! I and surely many others GOG customers who were counting on the release Hamlet DLC and purchase it on GOG, are very disappointed, frustrated, and even furious!

I understand that releasing games and dlc for other platforms comes with some delays, but over a year of delay is a serious exorbitancy, especially with the situation that I described above. :/

Nobody didn't force Klei do put their games on GOG, I guess.
But since Klei decided release and distribute Don't Starve:Alone Pack on GOG, then should be their duty keeps DS:Alone Pack complete(all dlc) and fully updated!
Klei should be consistent and fair to ALL customers, not just to DRM-like platforms(like Steam). :(

I want to remind that GOG users it's customers too, that pay for games.
So if Klei does still ignore GOGs customers and don't going to care this, then I doesn't see any sense to keep incomplete game/series on GOG store anymore. Well, too bad... I did wanted to buy DS:Hamlet dlc and make DS:Alone Pack complete. But I don't want to be treated like worse-class customer even more. :(

I think that GOG should send a firm warning to Klei and if nothing be changed, DS should just share Armello fate. Moreover, if then GOG will be that polite to offer refund for DS series I'll take advantage as surely many others users who did buy this.

And of course I will not buy any game on Steam as well as on any DRM-support plaftorm. Forget it!
I don't support any developers/publishers that support taking away most/all rights from legal customers aka DRM.
And I'm sure that any reasonable user does think same.

Surerly Don't Starve is great game, but everything has its limits.

This thread is for deletion!

while i am also unhappy that i cannot have hamlet(i will not play solo ds on steam. steam datamines and treats workers and customers with open contempt while stealing from both) i understand that it is not klei's obligation to provide their content on all of the plaforms even if they have used that platform before. a lot of time, money and negotiations go into a contract with a distributor and klei has already said they have no intention of selling more ds content on gog.

i do understand you are upset but it is very unfair that you would be so aggressive and unreasonable in your demands and that you would claim that it is a publisher's job to force a companey to let them publish something and make threats when they do not

On 8/10/2020 at 12:18 AM, gaymime said:

while i am also unhappy that i cannot have hamlet(i will not play solo ds on steam. steam datamines and treats workers and customers with open contempt while stealing from both) i understand that it is not klei's obligation to provide their content on all of the plaforms even if they have used that platform before. a lot of time, money and negotiations go into a contract with a distributor and klei has already said they have no intention of selling more ds content on gog.

i do understand you are upset but it is very unfair that you would be so aggressive and unreasonable in your demands and that you would claim that it is a publisher's job to force a companey to let them publish something and make threats when they do not

Wrong! Know that since Klei still does distribute DS(as whole series Alone Pack) on GOG, this obligated to provide a full support as well - all dlc and updates. If they have no intention then they should have a the honor of requesting to take the game from GOG... Actually they should to done before released of Hamlet.
Keeping incomplete such series i that way as this, is a mockery of customers.
Maybe you does allow yourself to be treated like that as a customer, but I will not going even to tolerate this.
Since we payed for this as well, then it is obvious that we expect to be treated fair! What's unreasonable or nofair about that?
Everyone waited for release this DLC, not steam customers only, Klei should be clear by then about this.
Meanwhile Klei does treat us like worse class since over year, and you all are wonder why I/we are so angry?!

Better Klei finish this clownery of ignoring us and lets make a male decision: Either start do full support of DS:Alone Pack on GOG, or take this game away from this!

I wonder why GOG didn't remove this game himself.
If I knew it would be like that, then I would never buy DS. I'm start to regret this...

On 8/11/2020 at 9:23 PM, Evan7 said:

To be fair, a company has no legal responsibility to the customer to continue to support a product with updates or DLC. Consider you purchased DS on GOG. You made the purchase of DS as is. Similarly, I purchased DS on PSVita which they have made clear they will no longer support or update. 

Also, DLC is considered a stand alone purchase which you choose to buy or not. It’s an add on, not for free. Klei can choose to release their product (DLC) on whatever platform they choose. If you want the full experience, then buy DS on another platform.

This is basic consumerism and not the fault of Klei. Don’t blame them for your choices. No one is mocking you for being a GOG user. You chose a platform which they decided not to release updates for. It’s business. Don’t take it personally.

Although you all try to defend Klei this way so hard, it comes out very badly for you all.

I and many GOG users purchased DS long before Hamlet and long before Klei have cease support or update this game.
And what did Klei? He didn't announce this earlies before announce Hamlet dlc, but did lets GOG users wait for this, making deceptive hope.
Yes, there were different and sad situations where developers of various games decided that will no longer support or update, but most of them at least did explained (or apologes) why they have to do this.
Klei however make worst thing ever: contempt through silence!
And as I mentioned before, they even don't have honor to ask GOG for remove this game from his offer.

In that way Klei did show deep disrespect for all GOG customers.
We feel cheated by them!
Because they could explain before release of Hamlet dlc, why they no going to support this game anymore and stop giving GOG customers illusory hope, but they didn't.

That is that, why I, and many other blame the Klei! So, this is Klei fault!

Anyway I'm not going buy anything from such fraudulent company/studios anymore(especially from DRM-like plaftorms). And I'm sure that may other GOG users felt the same.

After reading answers in this topic, I despise the Klei even more.
I find no any excuse for their actions like this.

My intention was to point what is exactly Klei did done to cause mean and nasty moods of GOG customers.

I will repeat one more time: If Klei had clarity announce his decision earier BEFORE released Hamlet DLC, which was in 2017/2018 and would contact to GOG to message this, then it wouldn't be all of this and wouldn't even have been this topic here. It didn't cost Klei anything.
Nobody would then be waiting in the illusory hope for the release of this DLC on GOG and nobody of GOG customers wolud then be so very angry and dissapoint as now.

Simple and clear.
If you can't even understand that so simple thing, well.... then replying to this further will a waste of time for everyone of you indeed.

On 8/12/2020 at 10:10 PM, Evan7 said:

What you're saying is that they should have told you they didn't plan on supporting updates or DLC in the future on GOG?

But of course, YES! They should announce to all of us about it. They should have announce to GOG as soon as possible after they have decided so! That it!

Then GOG did would either remove DS from its offer or did include a relevant information on DS's description!
Well, then users would be sad of it of course, but nobody would be so dissapoint and angry as now. And Klei would show us a little bit of respect at least.

Just only one message to GOG was enough. But Klei was rather pathetic to ignore it. This is a REAL and a biggest problem!
What is so hard to uderstand in this?

You can choose to complain about the way things are or change your mindset and find another way to enjoy the game...

Piracy? No, thank...

... like buy it on a fully supported service like Steam.

Support for DRM? Never! This is no better that piracy! This is even some of kind self-harm.

22 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

I would also be mad if I could not get new DLC for a game I already bought. But that is how capitalism works

Maybe that's how capitalism works, but not honest business.
Important things like the cessation of support should be notified in advance. That it.

3 hours ago, Smife said:

What happens when you express yourself via google translate.

people like you come along and drag the conversation somewhere else

On 8/15/2020 at 1:02 AM, GrzechuGrek said:

Important things like the cessation of support should be notified in advance. That it.

it hasn't been decided yet you see, we all are waiting, not just you and since Klei hasn't given notice, it obviously means they might do it in future, so in a sense having patience can be of virtue, also this is just a form of entertainment, please find another game to play until this one gets updated and believe me, it will get updated eventually, Klei has a track record of making updates at complete random times.

so just wait out, keep asking in between, its not that hard.

7 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

people like you come along and drag the conversation somewhere else

people like you keep such ill-informed rage posts rolling. What is this, steam? :-D I'm done here tbh.

• Developer

Everyone, keep posts constructive and on-topic. If you don't want to continue bumping the thread, it's easier to simply ignore it. I believe this topic can be discussed respectfully, and I'd rather things continued like that.

Thank you for understanding.

• Developer

People can use the Klei forums to discuss whatever they feel should be addressed regarding Klei Entertainment and its products as long as it's in accordance with the law, is in the proper forum board and the thread follows the community guidelines.

I won't be commenting further on this so as not to derail the thread, but I felt it was necessary to state that.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:43 AM, Machine Reaper said:

please find another game to play until this one gets updated and believe me, it will get updated eventually, Klei has a track record of making updates at complete random times.

You know, it's too hard to believe for me for it.
"Oxygen not included" is perfect example. This game is over three year on GOG wishlist, and nothing....
I suppose that cactus will grow on my hand sooner than this will ever happen.

10 minutes ago, GrzechuGrek said:

You know, it's too hard to believe for me for it.
"Oxygen not included" is perfect example. This game is over three year on GOG wishlist, and nothing....
I suppose that cactus will grow on my hand sooner than this will ever happen.

I had to wait for 15 years for a game update that I loved to play besides like a million other people, that game was C&C and boi oh boi, did this franchise have a history, so patience is your best friend mate~

do not rage out over something this small, its just entertainment, find something else like the rest of us to enjoy in the meanwhile.

The thread was accidentally pinned while somebody was reading it.

The fact is there are circumstances that have make doing this difficult. One of those issues is that because of how the game operates on GoG as well as Humble, the single player game has an updater that we can't support. Which means, we can't just port it over.

We're also short on the resources needed to pull it off so we're just barely getting it to console. Hamlet stretched our resources too thin, and this is an extension of that. 

Anyway, with that being said. GoG reached out to us recently to check in and offered to help and we're currently in the middle of seeing how that plays out. We agree that we should get Hamlet over there to the best of our ability and that is what we're doing, but I don't have solid information to provide past that so nothing has been posted.

Archived