[Mod Progress Thread] Democratic Race

An interesting bit of technical information.

A location has no one in it until you look at it. It's really weird.

What is also weird is that because of this, the first quest in each campaign has a disproportional amount of bartenders that I fired because Hebbel or Sweet moreef wants work.

image.thumb.png.12fa083a398beea40d4470d42e5036e9.png

Right now, your basic battle deck sucks. Since this is a heavily negotiation focused build, you don't get many chances to improve your deck, which makes it extra challenging when you don't completely win day one boss negotiation and have to fight your way out(which is very likely to happen unless you have a very good deck). So I added some bonuses to spice things up. You get to take all of them, but they are all like battle cards, and doesn't really matter to the core negotiation game play apart from the rugged compression gear that increases 2 max resolve.

I don't really have like a story board or anything like that. This shown right there is just one of the custom slides that I'm added to the game. The description is for what the art of that slides is probably going to look like, and I put it here just to set up the slides structure.

That said, I do somewhat have an outline written out and I do have a general idea on where I want the story to go.

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

So you want a wip before approval or the finished product or...?

Yeah, just to test out how it looks in game.

But in the finished product(which is nowhere close to be done) I hope to get everything to be replaced with actual art.

PSA

image.thumb.png.c64fb7a9ad012731b283086687304492.png

You would think that people actually use the concede button, given that it is next to the end turn button. Guess how many people actually paid attention in the preach negotiation and wonder why "concede" now says "finish".

Guess how many people will still ignore this bit of info now that this UI is implemented.

27 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

You would think that people actually use the concede button, given that it is next to the end turn button. Guess how many people actually paid attention in the preach negotiation and wonder why "concede" now says "finish".

Guess how many people will still ignore this bit of info now that this UI is implemented.

In my playthroughs I realized this, but never actually had a reason to finish the negotiation except for when supporters stopped churning out because I was never in a position where I would suffer a significant or unrecoverable loss and negotiations (especially in this case because Potential Supporters damage other arguments for you when you destroy them) tend to get a little bit easier over time, or at the very least get easier after a quick 1-3 turn setup.

The finish button is used when you have quite a few followers, but impatience starts to kick in and threatens to destroy some of your followers. Then you should probably concede at that moment.

Also, there's no way to collect data as a modder. The built in engine doesn't support that. Which is probably a good thing because privacy reasons. I just saw a bunch of people complain about preach being too hard at high difficulty, and I just thought they probably never considered finishing a negotiation early.

Oh. My main issue with high difficulty preach is from the initial start and trying to gather supporters instead of going purely on the defensive so people don't dislike you. If you can get 2 or 3 arguments on your side, you can usually get a few more low risk.

44 minutes ago, Playr10 said:

Oh. My main issue with high difficulty preach is from the initial start and trying to gather supporters instead of going purely on the defensive so people don't dislike you. If you can get 2 or 3 arguments on your side, you can usually get a few more low risk.

Being defensive is not good in the preach quest, so you are actually doing the quest correctly. People dislike you if you don't spent enough time dealing damage and get their attention, but will not dislike you if you convinced them and they become unconvinced.

The idea here is exactly that. When you are preaching, you would capture one person's heart, and convince them to believe in you so they can help you convince others. Then it creates this bandwagon effect, where others see that a lot of people believe in your ideology, and they jump on the bus as well. Of course, I am just guessing that's how it's supposed to work.

No no, I mean that it's too hard to convince even a single person without having many more dislike you in higher difficulties, so you're either forced to do damage control or only get the ball rolling after the negotiation is a turn or two from done.

43 minutes ago, Playr10 said:

No no, I mean that it's too hard to convince even a single person without having many more dislike you in higher difficulties, so you're either forced to do damage control or only get the ball rolling after the negotiation is a turn or two from done.

Hmm... I might look into that quest later. There's a lot of balance change that need to be made on this quest. Right now at 3 stars or up 2 arguments are created instead of 1 each turn, and I have never actually tested the balance that way yet. You only get 3 stars if you go for a challenge quest, and you should only go for it if your deck is really good.

Yeah the preach quest is indeed very broken at 3 stars or up. The double argument per turn is really ridiculous, and for characters without AOE that's very problematic.

Probably in the next patch I'll nerf 3+ star preach to nerf sal's ridiculous AOE card.

Archived