[Mod Progress Thread] Democratic Race

image.thumb.png.ada96355e664f872c8ccccb818d270b5.png

Added a slot in card shops that sometimes give unique cards that have the power level of rare cards(powerful cards that emphasize certain playstyle or open up new synergies). Should spice things up a little.

Need to come up with more unique card ideas.

Here are some card ideas that I have:

For Aellon(Influence cards):

Spoiler

Relatable - Bonus damage based on influence.

Virtue Signal - Destroy target argument on high influence, deal damage if not.

Smiling Dagger(Temp name, not sure if there's a better phrasing of the idea of someone pretend to be pleasant, while is actually sinister) - An influence card that gains bonus damage based on dominance.

Self-promotion(Probably need a better name because it is the name of a removed smith card) - Gain support and (maybe) expend. Opponent gains impatience.

For Benni(Manipulate):

Spoiler

Straw Army - Straw man spam, hence "straw army".

Rapid Speaker - Deal 1 damage a large number of times. Note it is hard to scale damage because it is an manipulate card, so you need to find other synergies like vulnerability.

Slippery Slope - An argument that makes vulnerability scale instead of increasing by a flat 1.

Gaslight - Remove an argument/bounty on your side and remove intents targeting it and temporarily disable damage dealing arguments that target it.

For Dronumph(Hostile):

Spoiler

Talk over - Prevent the next incoming damage dealt to any of your arguments.

Name calling - Deal bonus damage based on the number of different characters in a character's name in "Havarian", which, canonically, is just English with different way of writing certain characters. (this is a bit unhinged, so I might make the effect a bit "normal").

Ivory tower - An argument that gives composure based on the number of shills you have.

Guess which bane needs a nerf.

Hint: It starts with a E and ends with a -litist.

In normal campaign you can sort of cheese it by talking to all the existing civilians, and you don't have to suffer the consequences. Doesn't work with this campaign, though, as there's way too many civilians spawned.

Might modify existing boons and banes so they work in a negotiation setting, and nerf elitist, but I don't want to override the base game boons/banes. Seems kinda tricky.

It would be easier to replace the boon/bane grafts, but it might be a bit weird, as it will probably only show up on the boon/bane graft bar, and not in the relationship screen. Directly modifying the base graft might solve this issue, but it might also break a lot of things.

Trying to do the political compass test for the candidates seems like a fun idea at first, but then you realize that lots of questions don't even apply to Griftlands. Something about whether land should be traded like a commodity or not. What would the Admiralty, or anyone in Griftlands for that matter, answer?

3 hours ago, RageLeague said:

Trying to do the political compass test for the candidates seems like a fun idea at first, but then you realize that lots of questions don't even apply to Griftlands. Something about whether land should be traded like a commodity or not. What would the Admiralty, or anyone in Griftlands for that matter, answer?

crowdchart.png.92d6a52ec0c7361de895602694ed9be2.png

Update(again): Because of the way it works, double edge is completely broken. I can remove the "take 3 damage" part of the double edge, since there's so many arguments that the composure gain will be spread out, but it doesn't solve the main issue, which is the fact that if the core somehow deals damage, it will deal a lot.

I'll just use a more traditional method of score tracking.

image.thumb.png.d69757f621ead841ce605c442a2490fe.png

The maximum amount of people allowed at the auction house.

Also, for some reason, the auction house doesn't have a night shader. Probably because you will never enter the auction house at night, but still, it's good for modding purposes in case you just borrow the plax like I do.

With the recent studio announcement came a lot of very heated political debates. What debate tactics has these people used in these arguments that I can add into the game?

No actual debate, please. I don't want to get this thread closed. I'm just looking for debate tactics to be added to the game, and there are a lot used in the studio announcement thread. Some are more logical than others.

Archived