[Mod Progress Thread] Democratic Race

image.thumb.png.b0752dc52c86ed506c7a9bb49e3cffa2.png

I was playtesting, and I realized how random the old location unlock system is. You can get a lot of useless locations. Now, you can choose to unlock a location instead of simply socializing, and you get to choose which type of location you want to unlock.

image.thumb.png.78e5d0d12ea1311ffe8ec24083a61bae.png

New mechanic: asking an admiralty to investigate someone for you.

When talking to someone who works at the admiralty station, or your friend, you can ask them to investigate someone for you. If they are guilty, they will be arrested, and you complete some request quest or get rid of an annoying bane.

However, if you ask someone to investigate, they won't just do it for you for nothing. You have to either use up a favor(cause someone who loves you to like you, which can probably be easier to replenish), or use an Authorization. Additionally, the target might be innocent, which will cause the admiralty to be annoyed, or the admiralty might fail to arrest, in which case you have to intervene.

I might get rid of the innocent case, because it's very costly already to ask someone to investigate. Besides, the admiralty can just pin some crime on them easily.

image.thumb.png.61dc446fe4e525876cd568d3aa692180.png

Trying to update some graphics that are missing.

I feel like I need to finalize a demo version where you can play two days of the new campaign. I need to get some feedback for balancing, so I can get a feel what future quests should look like in terms of balance.

There's a lot I need to do like finalizing dialogs, finalizing quests, and adding graphics to cards and modifiers.

image.thumb.png.38a650e48d288414545aa43e69b24b00.png

image.thumb.png.3fcf3991df98a6898d3883fb1ae9b502.png

Cool new card art that I borrowed from base game and did a color swap.

By the way, the poster can have different quality depending on who drew it, but I won't do a different one for each quality because it's too much work, and I don't think you can swap card icons on the fly.

Meet the advisors, whose resemblance towards any entity in real life, living or dead, is totally coincidental.

image.thumb.png.8d8d63ff39bd77609151b4dc2e1959ad.png

image.thumb.png.9f646d3618df82fdaa7019acdaf5494e.png

image.thumb.png.07b33be3a7fc12c8bf3a61d21aeaa46f.png

Now that I think about it, I already posted this before. It's really just a showcase of their personalities because I finally wrote some of their dialogs.

There's some major balance issue with my campaign. Specifically, how Rook's negotiation deck sucks in this campaign. A side quest's gimmick renders two of Rook's synergies useless(prepared card and discard), and without good coins, heavy gamble don't work that well. That's like, all Rook's synergy. Probably need to spend a lot of time making Rook not completely useless.

Here are some icons that I designed for custom locations.

location_bb51b.png.405026e21d0ac2cd3f556dfb2f56c877.png

Location icon for Base of Besla Bo, 51th Biv, the Based of the Based, Aellon.

(He named it that because it sounds very hip, with the forced B alliteration)

location_cph.png.abe0ed8cf9687d6a8beb8f3ee3396537.png

Location icon for Critical Point Havaria, the office of Benni, the person who delivers FACTS and LOGIC during these critical times.

location_ct.png.0efed5e28fdc01dad8bcffa13477556e.png

Location icon for the Crimson Tower, the office of Dronumph, the person who use extremely aggressive approach to solve problems.

location_grand_theater.png.4ef16db0ccf679a5ad8dad8951eed79d.png

Finally, the location icon for the Grand Theater, which is literally just the auction house icon in the quests.

Archived