[Mod Progress Thread] Democratic Race

This looks great- You didn't even finish it but it already looks polished. Don't worry that's not really a wall of text. Maybe you can merge the two blue paragraphs to make it shorter? It's perfectly understandable the way it is though.

image.thumb.png.d4937eabec669a7f3f026a74ab7398ef.png

New mechanic: pay for shills. They will more likely show up in your next rally quest, and will actively help you during that quest(or their negotiation is slightly easier, if you negotiate with them.)

Right now it doesn't work.

Question: should i get rid of the codex highlighting in the options? Or is it funnier to just leave it there.

The day 1 of the campaign is more or less done. Now I'm working on day 2 of the campaign.

I'm thinking introducing the oppositions of the democratic race on day 2. I'm wondering whether I should do 1 opposition, or should I do multiple oppositions. What do you guys think?

For the oppositions, I'm thinking that I should do the prominent members of a faction, like Oolo and Nadan. What kind of platform and policies should they stand on?

Also, any idea for the day 2 boss negotiations? I'm thinking that the player is invited to an interview, and they can hopefully win some support there in a special negotiation where you're bombarded with enemy arguments.

Thanks guys, your feedback really helps.

Right now I decided the platform Oolo, Fellemo, and Kalandra stand on. Oolo's main platform is universal security, and war on crimes. Fellemo's platform is tax reduction, and that's about it. Kalandra's platform is universal rights and legalize unions. Those seems fitting for their faction and their characters, but any other suggestions are welcome.

The platform for the jakes guy is probably going to be deregulation and legalize formerly illicit substances, like slurrys and what not. I have no idea whether that would work.

Haven't decided on a platform for Nadan and the Hesh guy. For Nadan, I thought about defunding the Admiralty, but that seems very boring, because it's literally just "screw this faction in particular". Something like universal education would be interesting, but I'm not sure if the Spree would necessarily support that. For the Cult, I really have no idea. For Christians IRL it seems that their big issue is about abortion, but that's not an important issue in Griftlands. Any other ideas?

1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

Haven't decided on a platform for Nadan and the Hesh guy. For Nadan, I thought about defunding the Admiralty, but that seems very boring, because it's literally just "screw this faction in particular". Something like universal education would be interesting, but I'm not sure if the Spree would necessarily support that. For the Cult, I really have no idea. For Christians IRL it seems that their big issue is about abortion, but that's not an important issue in Griftlands. Any other ideas?

The cult would want to use the elevated position of president to go on a crusade against all of the heretics...no this isn't a joke this is my actual idea...stop laughing

Namely it would be against groups like the boggers and other heathens, as well as increasing the power of the cult as the only mainstream religion.

The spree have been hinted in the spree ending that nadan would give some money to the poor, which to me means that in this best case scenario where they passed laws for the benefit of everyone, it would be Robin hood laws, helping the poor at the expense of the rich kra'deshi...of course this is all a front, a thinly veiled one, and they'd probably pass laws decriminalizing sacking caravans or extortion. They'd tell their criminal intentions to the scum and give their false promises to the feud workers.

This might sound weird, but maybe make the Heshians more environmentally focused? Trying to preserve Hesh's pristine waters and trying to maintain all lumin related creatures alive. The Spark Barons would be the opposite- their final goal according to the codex is going back to the glory days of space travel, while disregarding the environment and using technology the Heshians deem despicable. 

I also can definitely see Admiralty and the Cult teaming up since they both want to annex Murder Bay into Deltree. 

Nadan would want Murder Bay to become independent from the Admiralty. I don’t see him running for any other reason. He’s not much for talking, and his faction doesn’t have a true hierarchy.

F’ssh could run on a platform for free trade between Havaria and Deltree? Honestly I’m completely unclear on why Deltree is trying to colonise the continent. What do they even get out of Murder Bay? Anyway, I can see F’ssh just trying to give people a fighting chance for a better life. Or maybe making indentured labour illegal (E.g. the derricks)? First option is more Jake-oriented, second is more Sal-oriented. But both go in the same direction.

Heshians could try to outlaw spark (“it’s unsafe! There’s a reason the Vagrant Age ended!” Etc). Really they just want a monopoly on the energy market, to flex that power into the political sphere. I haven’t touched Smith’s campaign, maybe we get more info on their motivations there. 

Question for the devs: how do you guys usually test day quests that are on day 2 or more?

I know that you can initialize the main quest with start_on_day set to 2 or above, but I don't know if there's a way to do this directly from the main menu. Currently what I did is quick jump to sal's campaign, cancel all quests, and reinitialize my main quest with start_on_day set, but some of the setup in sal's main campaign screws up parts of my campaign(like the work positions of endo and rake).

image.thumb.png.b9852dc03faacad34212ad972ce3f2ff.png

I spent way too much time on this.

image.thumb.png.f37dc185c43f0d3040feed507818ecc2.png

This annoys me so much. Not only does the grout monster not have a name, not have a negotiation pattern, but also the negotiation circle is too low. The real challenge is being able to target the grout monster's core argument.

Archived