[Mod Progress Thread] Democratic Race

incoherent rambling could be something like a hostile card that attacks twice, but you gain vulnerability. A trade off for high damage and the ability to scale a lot more damage.

Not sure what brick throw means in terms of political debate context, nor am I sure how to implement it.

While I haven't looked at the heated debates on the forums (and, well, I don't want to), as far as ideas for cards, I do have one idea (though I'm uncertain as to whether it would be an effective card): "Wear Down" - a Manipulate card that would create an argument that inflicted unmitigated damage to all arguments, including the player's. Alternatively, Wear Down could simply be an attack that acts like Degrade (I believe that's the one that hits all player and opponent arguments) but bypasses composure at the cost of being much weaker (or perhaps the fact it bypasses composure could be its own drawback). I'm not sure.

I'm also uncertain how many logical fallacies already exist as cards, whether from this mod or just in the base game, but looking up some logical fallacies could come up with ideas for cards as well. For instance, Shotgun Argumentation - described here as creating so many arguments that one's opponent cannot answer all of them - could be a card that boosted the number of arguments you created the next time you created an argument, or it could be a card that created several damaging arguments at once in the vein of Agitation (create 3 Heated).

image.thumb.png.f092bdafb538d5c5b960126a229d361c.png

Everyone in griftlands loves alcohol. Now you can use it as a bargaining chip!

You can also drink lumin wine if you have them. Instead of the usual gain 10 resolve, tipsy and slurred speech, you now also gain 6 health! And it (probably) works better as a bargaining chip!

54 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

It looks so organic with its stylized hourglass and unique coloration, I figured it must be an Experimental addition. Shame it isn't.

A good question as to why this isn't in the base game. The assets already exists in the game, and the mod uses it.

A lot of people are asking that I add a screen to display your current stances on issues. I do not understand it myself. Why do you want to let the internet tear you apart?

Regardless, I'm working on something. The graphics are temporary, and I hijacked the support screen to display your stances.

image.thumb.png.8dcca95fb1eb4f1e2ce19cffed4a63d8.png

Good thing this thread isn't archived yet.

Anyway, I've done my finals and I have 4 month of work terms, which means more time to work on this mod, probably.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of a new request quest.

image.thumb.png.8ddbb84e3fddc27396deda3b966c55e7.png

That's right, this is one of the few instances of voluntary battles in this mod. What will you do now? Complete Dronumph's request to gain his loved status, or go for the pacifist "good ending"?

image.thumb.png.0e1070efd99c816c2966fe611cea3990.png

Trying to make it so that you can switch advisor during the campaign. Because your advisor died because someone can't show restraint or you are so incompetent that your advisor kicked you out. Or you just hate your current advisor because you got scammed or something.

Archived