[Mod Progress Thread] Democratic Race

image.thumb.png.16fd867f4f5e580bb6c4eed17a5cc3b4.png

testing out the new group support notification system. with the normal notification, the support changes too much that the notification goes on forever. however, no notification means the player won't know certain decisions are good or not for the target demographics. so here's the compromise. you will only know whether support level is increased or decreased from your action for a particular faction/wealth level.

image.thumb.png.0f2aa61a513d9d7e7d301f0682a4412e.png

new mechanics: request quests. in random encounters, or during free time, you may receive requests from various people. these quests are optional, but if you complete them, your support will increase, especially among a particular faction, and there are many other benefits, such as getting veep here to love you.

i haven't decided whether you do this quest during the free time, or whether you do it in place of a side job.

haven't posted anything since forever. here's some new screenshot.

image.thumb.png.0b42819dc5b2a59298f9ac3675a93ff0.png

a new mechanic: at certain situations, a person might demand one or more things from you. usually they will demand some money, but sometimes they will also demand some non-materialistic things, like forcefully taking a stance on an issue(which may cost you to lose support if you're not careful), or denouncing a person or a group(causing them to dislike you/lose support from them). Right now their demands are ridiculously high, but I will add a special negotiation that can reduce some of their demands.

Start making unique advisor defs instead of borrowing existing characters. Suggestions are welcome.

Diplomacy Advisor:

image.thumb.png.74778107d4be71b48c3e9a0e290797ee.png

Manipulate Advisor:

image.thumb.png.9223ce865725518e3dade82508c253f4.png

Hostile Advisor:

image.thumb.png.baabc1d33afefb34c0bde337dcb06491.png

I used existing builds and heads because 1: I have no artistic talent, and 2: I have no idea how to make those heads, and I have no intention of finding out because of reason 1.

And yes, I'm aware that the kradeshi has incorrect amount of fingers. I don't know if there's an easy way to fix it.

(The answer is not really. The Cultists defs with gloves all have no hand swaps, which means that the hand is not species dependent. I'm surprised that the cultists don't have species dependent gloves, despite being in the game since forever. I can probably get rid of the gloves.)

image.thumb.png.aebe66459061f9207161ef1df52c4f76.png

You can now provoke kill people. You can do that before, but I changed it to a new convo.

There are slight adjustments, mainly, some request quests require you to punish a certain person for their wrong doing, which you can choose to finish them off, but that is used as a last resort. Provoking now counts as an aggression, and in this campaign, attacking someone will cost you support level. The fight is no longer no bystander and isolated, which means that don't provoke a spree in a spree bar 'cause you'll die. Also, killing anyone or be an accomplice to killing will always cause you to lose support.

Also, you can only provoke kill someone if they have higher or equal combat strengths than their renown because only these people prefer to solve their problems with fists rather than words. People with higher renown prefer to use other ways to make your life miserable, so there's no point in provoking them.

image.thumb.png.5d12e73f3b70f4c23761ae628ea259c2.png

I reworked the gifting option. Instead of gifting a fixed amount of money, the person will demand something, and you have to fulfill it to get them to like you. It will be costlier than normal, but you can pay with non-monetary things(such as taking a stance that they like).

Oh, and social drinking requires a living bartender and 1 free time action.

Archived