Bioluminescent Cave Biome

The caves. Treacherous. Cold. Somehow resistant from water leaks despite a giant flood caused by a piece of the moon cratering into the Constant.

The caves could use some water, not ALL of the surrounding abyss. Just one new biome filled with water in the center, packed with horrifying submerged foes that lurk in the depths and on the sidelines. The water could be glowing (due to the glow-creatures that inhabit the cavern, or from the Moon magic + water that has seeped its way and festered into the caves.)

I've heard calls for a new underground loadable area to be added into the Lunar island, but why not add to the existing caves generation? I think it has great aesthetic potential, as well as the opportunity for some immensely unique mobs and potentially boss fights. 

55a932862acae7c23f8b5247.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

I've heard calls for a new underground loadable area to be added into the Lunar island, but why not add to the existing caves generation?

The "lunar caves", if they are ever added, would probably be part of the same map as the caves, since anything else would require a third shard to run.

Also, the fact that the Lunar Island has celestial fissures that emit moonlight implies that any underground area that might be added to the caves would be constantly illuminated.

I love this Idea. It would give a very needed shake up to the variety of content in the return of them update. 

Maybe it could finally introduce shipwrecked like small boats, because the bioluminescent cave could have narrow parts.

Also, maybe, who knows, could be a port of access to the under ocean, that could give us access to a shipwrecked map.

A canoe-type boat would fit perfectly. A smaller vessel where there'd be space for other players (they could help row if they input two oars into their section). Just imagine a canal-like boat adventure complete with Wes serenading the team with the One-Man-Band while they all get attacked by angler fish :lol:

3 hours ago, UnknowX said:

I love this Idea. It would give a very needed shake up to the variety of content in the return of them update. 

Maybe it could finally introduce shipwrecked like small boats, because the bioluminescent cave could have narrow parts.

Also, maybe, who knows, could be a port of access to the under ocean, that could give us access to a shipwrecked map.

^^^^

That's actually a great idea, the caves are packed with stuff but once you cleared it, you only reset it for more stuff like gears,thulecite and the light bulbs mostly,  we could have Lunar monkeys or Glass Lobsters, or even more different stuff like different plants, maybe a new light source or something like Abyss Merms? based on Wurt's skin would be nice.

1 hour ago, Muzarello said:

That's actually a great idea, the caves are packed with stuff but once you cleared it, you only reset it for more stuff like gears,thulecite and the light bulbs mostly,  we could have Lunar monkeys or Glass Lobsters, or even more different stuff like different plants, maybe a new light source or something like Abyss Merms? based on Wurt's skin would be nice.

The Merm idea is great! That would be so cool and add to Wurt's character. That opens up the potential for new craftable huts. A translucent moon glass Lobster would be amazing.

I'd like to see a cave biome with water too, but water you can walk through, sort of like when an island floods in shipwrecked. Youd need to wear rain gear to prevent getting wet and losing sanity, and a new job or two could spawn from out of the water.

I really like this idea a lot. The scale is likely too big to ever happen in RoT unless the Devs already planned something like this already; but any update to the caves would be really amazing and exciting to see and I’d hope it’d be a focus for whatever comes after the ocean finishes development 

I think a cool concept for this is to have a cave entrance on the lunar island but the only way you could enter is if you had to make this pickaxe that was only craftable with the celestial tribute. And within those caves could be maybe lore stuff about them or more end game items. Idk just a thought

perfect

I think Klei could create this biome in the cave without creating a new world, it may be the same world as the cave, but isolated from the rest of the cave, similar to the Atrium, which is impossible to walk to, unless by a specific passage.

The only way to access it would be through the lunar island

I think creating this topic in the Suggestions area would be good

Archived