Friendship

Wouldn't it be nice if your friendship with your piggy friend wasn't temporary? They would see you and start following you already for the actions you have done in the past like giving him food.

Instead of a friendship timer their is a friendship meter. The nicer you are to your piggy friends the more they follow and the dialogue can change from "TOO CLOSE!" They say "Hello friend". 

At 25% friendship they start following you and helping chop without a snack

At 50% friendship they are ok with the dark as long as their with their friend

At 75% friendship he gathers for you. Like flint, grass, twigs, etc. They can tolerate things they hate like spiders unless you attack them. (Also they carol and dance with you)

At 100% friendship he let's pig guards know that's your friend and your allowed to take whatever they are guarding and stay in their light. Your pig friend learns to stay with friend in a fight and tanks instead(like a bunnymen) he also gets a damage boost to 55 damage because of how well you treated him.

Wouldn't that be nice? A new use for pigs other than a meat grinder. I always thought some of the more complex dst creatures deserved a spotlight like pigs and merms.

I would add negative friendship but it would make this post a mile long so I'll do it later

36 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I feel like all followers getting hp bars like abi with a visible loyalty timer would be the best way to drum up interest in followers.

i dont think it will change anything and will break the spirit of the game. Was weird with abi but being twins and 2x1 character justifies it a little

I would like that with the addition of higher health pools + higher spawn time, that way they go from being disposable income into really caring characters that we get attached to (with a sense of progression and what not).

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont think it will change anything and will break the spirit of the game. Was weird with abi but being twins and 2x1 character justifies it a little

I mean yea that's a very good point...

But I still wish merms atleast had a hunger animation losing followers in the middle of the night because I forgot to reset my stopwatch is painful

Just now, Mysterious box said:

I mean yea that's a very good point...

But I still wish merms atleast had a hunger animation losing followers in the middle of the night because I forgot to reset my stopwatch is painful

maybe simple quotes like "hungry glurp" would help a lot and will fit the mechanics and aestic

I think the current mechanic of pigs only liking you if you bribe them with food fits in more with Don't Starve's bleak tone but the idea is nice. I personally would like to see followers harvesting implemented in the form of Wurt and her Merms or to Wilba if we ever get her.

23 hours ago, Webber is bes said:

I would add negative friendship but it would make this post a mile long so I'll do it later

Later is here so have part 2 of piggy friendship (I'll call it piggy hatred )

At 0% friendship/hatred they act like they normally do

At 25% hatred they avoid you a lot more than usual making it much harder to attack.

At 50% hatred they hunt you down on sight as well as any nearby pigs.

At 75% hatred there rage fuels a attack pattern of not running away and constantly punching with 50 damage. They will purposely run at low hp and stop fighting other enemies to kill you.(pigs will go to 75% auto if you smashed their home)

At 100% hatred pig king will now not trade with you until you make peace with his citizens (no killing them does not work) you will have to leave a crockpot dish on the ground and they will forgive you (the hatred goes to 49%)

Now you have a big reason to not kill pigs they get alot harder to kite and pig king doesn't like it either. Personally I would like cannibalism to not exist anymore. Perhaps one day in a Qol update.

2 hours ago, Webber is bes said:

Now you have a big reason to not kill pigs they get alot harder to kite and pig king doesn't like it either. Personally I would like cannibalism to not exist anymore. Perhaps one day in a Qol update.

Why? Cannibalism is fun. Especially with Wilba.

Archived