Would you rather?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather

• Get a new character for DST
    • Get new boats for DST (Even just line for line ripped from Shipwrecked?)

Get new boats for DST (Even just line for line ripped from Shipwrecked?)

Gah I hope not.  Line for line ripped from SW?  So it would be completely at odds with the system of boating in DST?  Hard pass.

I would have voted for boat, but NO WAY would I vote for boring SW boats.  bye

I voted for character just because as of right now, boats aren't my issue. My issue is lack of much sea content so a boat wouldn't really help that. That being said, the future of sea content is obviously going to change, but as of this comment I choose character.

I've been playing Shipwrecked lately, and as Wheeler. It does make me want both Wheeler in DST and the Shipwrecked sea + boats in DST.

And by Shipwrecked sea what I really mean is many, many islands. The true joy of sailing around in the game is discovering new places where you can base or find resources. Even if they added islands with regular biomes in DST that would be great.

Or a game mode where instead of one continent it was islands

Quick reminder that the DST boats aren't the problem, its the lack of things to do and discover in the ocean that's the problem.

I guess I voted for new character, because Shipwrecked boats are like walking, but sluggish. But really, I kinda don't want either.

5 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

I've been playing Shipwrecked lately, and as Wheeler. It does make me want both Wheeler in DST and the Shipwrecked sea + boats in DST.

And by Shipwrecked sea what I really mean is many, many islands. The true joy of sailing around in the game is discovering new places where you can base or find resources. Even if they added islands with regular biomes in DST that would be great.

Or a game mode where instead of one continent it was islands

Yeah what I'd really like is an archipelago world-gen !!  They don't even have to be all new biomes, just make sure the spawn and the mozaic are connected, and make people boat for other stuff!  (but also make cheaper exploration boats)

The more I play Shipwrecked and Hamlet the more I prefer those types of boats.. 

Not the way that they operate- But rather the smaller less ugly, slick actual boat looking designs.

Ever since its arrival into DST I could never get behind the thought of calling the Boat Cookie Platform an actual boat.. I mean it’s more like a gigantic raft thing you can stash an entire house on/ also use as a makeshift bridge for crossing land.

We should be able to build the smaller boats and have those function identical to the new mechanics introduced with the boat cookie, meaning.. you’d need to manually paddle your raft with an oar Etc..

The Trade off to have such a thing should be obvious- but if it’s not here’s my vision of it- SW & Hamlet boat designs, using the new DST improved mechanics.. The SW/Ham boats are smaller, cost less resources, move a tiny bit faster... and most importantly of all- Is less durable then the large cookie platform so they get destroyed faster...

You also can’t place any structures onto the SW/Ham boats outside of actual boat kit items (Anchor, Mast, Steering Wheel, Boat Lanterns) So No Campfire, Storage Chest, Ice Box, Pinchin Winch, Etc..

Archived