Please give Walter further range on his slingshot.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:
  Hide contents

LoL man I love it how folks are like: Buy a PC or go play a different game, showing little to no Actual concern for the console player fanbase. This is In actuality HEAVILY Important before Klei’s dreams of making the game Cross-Platform compatible can EVER even be considered..

I do not care that you can point in any direction with your mouse and teleport.. what I care about is exactly how FAR You are ALLOWED to Teleport..... or Cast out a Fishing Rod... or Fire Walters Slingshot.

There is no excuse in the world why PC should not be bound to the same restrictions & limitations in that as Console otherwise If this game ever receives that Crossplay- PC Players will obviously always have a large advantage over the Console players.

It doesn’t make sense for Klei to actively make the controls harder to use for PC players just because they are a little awkward to use on console. There are some games that are easier to play with controller, and some that are easier to use with keyboard and mouse. This is just one of those games that is easier to play when you have a mouse. Making the experience worse for PC players doesn’t help console players in any way. It only hurts PC players.

Also IF, and that’s a big IF this game would ever become cross platform there is nothing wrong with PC players having an advantage over console players since this isn’t a competitive multiplayer game. While there is a PVP mode there is only a small percentage of players that play this way, and the game in general is not geared for competitive PVP play.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LoL man I love it how folks are like: Buy a PC or go play a different game, showing little to no Actual concern for the console player fanbase. This is In actuality HEAVILY Important before Klei’s dreams of making the game Cross-Platform compatible can EVER even be considered..

I do not care that you can point in any direction with your mouse and teleport.. what I care about is exactly how FAR You are ALLOWED to Teleport..... or Cast out a Fishing Rod... or Fire Walters Slingshot.

There is no excuse in the world why PC should not be bound to the same restrictions & limitations in that as Console otherwise If this game ever receives that Crossplay- PC Players will obviously always have a large advantage over the Console players.

Look.. Were all playing the same game.. a Game Klei has heavily hinted towards wanting to become cross-platform compatible.

Make all the confused reacts or Reply with all the (mostly inconsiderate to others not playing on the same platform as you) remarks that you want.. but you guys know that deep down I’m bringing up some pretty legitimate points.

The TL:DR of my spoiler- There would need to be some serious balancing optimizations before Crossplay between PC/Console could ever be a thing.

I don't agree with this guy and I play DST on ps4. Console dst is fine as is.

I duo all content on this game no problem and host a private server to prevent griefers. This complains too much lol. 

I would enjoy cross play cuz I have friends who play on pc not tryna get a ps4 for this game

8 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Please don't encourage him. Once upon a time the PS4 section was the only place to get away from his nonsense, contradictory, off topic posting.

10 hours ago, Simplyee said:

I don't agree with this guy and I play DST on ps4. Console dst is fine as is.

I duo all content on this game no problem and host a private server to prevent griefers. This complains too much lol. 

I would enjoy cross play cuz I have friends who play on pc not tryna get a ps4 for this game

10 hours ago, smallishbird said:

It doesn’t make sense for Klei to actively make the controls harder to use for PC players just because they are a little awkward to use on console. There are some games that are easier to play with controller, and some that are easier to use with keyboard and mouse. This is just one of those games that is easier to play when you have a mouse. Making the experience worse for PC players doesn’t help console players in any way. It only hurts PC players.

Also IF, and that’s a big IF this game would ever become cross platform there is nothing wrong with PC players having an advantage over console players since this isn’t a competitive multiplayer game. While there is a PVP mode there is only a small percentage of players that play this way, and the game in general is not geared for competitive PVP play.

13 hours ago, 1bubbainpa said:

In an attempt to get this thread back on track...

I don’t mind Walter’s range, but a problem I have with him is that when I’m autoattacking on him, he will run towards the enemy after firing one shot before resetting his position. It messes up my kiting especially when I’m fighting a swarm enemy like hounds or spiders.

Not sure if Klei could realistically fix this as it seems more of a lag/ping issue, but that’s my only issue with him.

Guys, the best thing you can do is just ignore him and focus on the topic of the thread.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The solution to that is to just not add cross-play. "If you want to play with people on a different platform, you need to make your game and game experience worse" yeah thanks but no thanks

On 6/21/2020 at 8:08 PM, Squirrel12 said:

So my number one problem with Walter, is that the range of his slingshot is really limited. It works like any other ranged weapon: you click at something and Walter has to run to get close to it and then he shoots.

I was hoping that Walter's slingshot would be truly ranged and you could shoot things without having to move close to them (like Wortox's teleporting, where you can just click anywhere on the screen). I was really disappointed to see that Walter has to get right up close to the enemy to use his slingshot. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

It's really annoying especially in boats. I was hoping Walter would be a good sailing character,thinking that his slingshot would be really useful to hunt puffins and aquatic mobs while sailing, but no, it's really bothersome to use. Getting the boat close enough to mobs so that Walter can shoot defeats the purpose.

Why are you always trying to make up a reason and make the game easier?

1 minute ago, MrDo said:

Why are you always trying to make up a reason and make the game easier?

I don't see it like that myself. For me, it's just that the perks of playing Walter aren't good or interesting enough for me to pick him over other characters. 

Right now, the "auto-running" towards mobs when you're shooting makes Walter almost unbearable to kite. There's a difference between something being challenging and something being annoying. 

46 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

I don't see it like that myself. For me, it's just that the perks of playing Walter aren't good or interesting enough for me to pick him over other characters. 

Right now, the "auto-running" towards mobs when you're shooting makes Walter almost unbearable to kite. There's a difference between something being challenging and something being annoying. 

What he says is to shoot with a slingshot from the same distance as Wortox can teleport, except what you say. What I get angry is this request ...

23 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys are being biased.. I only ask you to play with a controller for about a week, then come back here and legitimately tell me you still feel the same way.  

I am not saying that you shouldn't complain, just don't bring it to every post you see. Contact Klei, ask them, start a whole discussion on it. Forums are for discussing and arguing, and there are several ways of doing it.

18 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

You really aren't. Half of the times you reply to any topic you either derail it with your cries about console or other stuff that doesnt make any sense to op, theres a specific subforum called DST PS4 and Xbox. I really don't want to be a d*ck to people for no reason, but you gotta change the way you present your problems man, everyone has some sort of cripple, like i get it that you just want what's best for your platform but barging in to any topic and constantly reminding that xbox doesnt have this xbox doesnt have that isn't really the way to go.

He is right. I'm sorry to tell you but there really isn't much Klei can do. They're trying their best. Oh wait, you made a new thread? Ok good, let's keep the salt in a salt intended thread.

15 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

He is right. I'm sorry to tell you but there really isn't much Klei can do. They're trying their best. Oh wait, you made a new thread? Ok good, let's keep the salt in a salt intended thread.

You can call it salt, I call it proper game balance to each his own.

As for Walters Slingshot.. I feel like you should be able to hold in the X Button (or whatever button you press to fire) and increase its range.. with an animation of pulling further back or something.

Im used to this little always on screen Indicator while playing as Wortox and Wheeler on Xbox, it’s a little constantly glowing white circle showing where your dodge or teleport is going to take you.

So naturally I expected the Slingshot to carry over this circular aiming indicator, so I could manually aim at my targets, and charge my shots for increased range.

As simple as holding down X, Aiming in Direction, Releasing X.. Fire.

It gives more depth to the Slingshot.. and would feel rewarding when you hit a Butterfly/Bird, Etc instead of making it feel like Blowdart/Pewmatic 2.0

But that’s just how I Would’ve Designed it myself.. Klei probably tried it in development and found out it only sounds cool, but wasn’t as fun or something.

I know that dude derailed the thread talking about this but it is kinda hilarious that Wortox's soul hopping is basically gimped on controller/console yet he's still S tier character. Can only imagine how strong he is with mouse teleport. 

To derail the thread even further (since Walter's range did get increased) I wish I could make the switch from PS4 to PC. But I have all of my skins and worlds on PS4 though and theres no way to import all that stuff as far as I'm aware of. If there was a way I would have done it by now

On 6/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Now i think is to much range... 

Atleat now is more worth but makes him a brainless character like the last ones...

Have they changed it?

On 6/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Atleat now is more worth but makes him a brainless character like the last ones...

Meh, the range is still too short for my liking. 

57 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

Have they changed it?

Short? You can shot from a corner of the screen to almost the opposite corner. They add a little of range making him almost impossible to be hit for non quick mobs. 

I tried the change of the range against bearger and was so stupid. He couldnt move most of the time because of the stunlock (idk why it does stunlock) and i have time enough to cancel the shot if he charge to me

On 6/24/2020 at 6:57 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

1 hour ago, Squirrel12 said:

Have they changed it?

Too Long!!

vs.

Too Short!!

:cower:

Just now, HeatAndRun said:

Too Long!!

vs.

Too Short!!

:cower:

Before was a little short (canceling the animation was enough to fix it) but now it has like 3  or 4 pitchfork tiles and animation cancel

Its more than perfect. Still being a waste in most of the fights to deal damage with it but for ruins, beequeen, tentacles, etc but i think people expect to have a powerful range weapon making walter invincible 

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Short? You can shot from a corner of the screen to almost the opposite corner. They add a little of range making him almost impossible to be hit for non quick mobs. 

I tried the change of the range against bearger and was so stupid. He couldnt move most of the time because of the stunlock (idk why it does stunlock) and i have time enough to cancel the shot if he charge to me

Honestly, I literally can't tell the difference.

Look at the picture below. I shot a butterfly. This is the distance between me and the butterfly. That's how close your character needs to be to shoot things. 

image.thumb.png.a9ff82a2187fc4bd3479d2d6c3897860.png

You can't shoot things from the corner of the screen to almost the opposite corner like you're suggesting. Walter still has to run towards things to attack them.

25 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

Honestly, I literally can't tell the difference.

Look at the picture below. I shot a butterfly. This is the distance between me and the butterfly. That's how close your character needs to be to shoot things. 

image.thumb.png.a9ff82a2187fc4bd3479d2d6c3897860.png

You can't shoot things from the corner of the screen to almost the opposite corner like you're suggesting. Walter still has to run towards things to attack them.

you are right, idk why i remeber walter being in the corner but you cant actually be there since the camera is in the center. So yes, he can shot from the center to an objetive in almost the corner (arround 3 tiles like i said) still being a huge range

image.thumb.png.7ffd013ec8a05e81dfd371393e4b6519.png

I got to agree here the range is fine. On a interesting note due to how good the current range is if another teammate is tanking Walter can shoot bosses like dfly and klaus while being just out of range of their attacks including klaus's elemental areas this isn't accounting for rage forms tho. All in all if they make the range any longer it'd be extremely unbalanced I say where it's at now is the sweet spot in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

I got to agree here the range is fine. On a interesting note due to how good the current range is if another teammate is tanking Walter can shoot bosses like dfly and klaus while being just out of range of their attacks including klaus's elemental areas this isn't accounting for rage forms tho. All in all if they make the range any longer it'd be extremely unbalanced I say where it's at now is the sweet spot in my opinion.

Have you tried shooting on a boat?

Archived