Please give Walter further range on his slingshot.

So my number one problem with Walter, is that the range of his slingshot is really limited. It works like any other ranged weapon: you click at something and Walter has to run to get close to it and then he shoots.

I was hoping that Walter's slingshot would be truly ranged and you could shoot things without having to move close to them (like Wortox's teleporting, where you can just click anywhere on the screen). I was really disappointed to see that Walter has to get right up close to the enemy to use his slingshot. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

It's really annoying especially in boats. I was hoping Walter would be a good sailing character,thinking that his slingshot would be really useful to hunt puffins and aquatic mobs while sailing, but no, it's really bothersome to use. Getting the boat close enough to mobs so that Walter can shoot defeats the purpose.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

it's true potential

I personally wouldn't mind if some of his ammunition (not all. especially not the damaging ones) at least worked in AoE; this would give more versatility in my opinion. Who has the time to shoot an entire horde of Bunnymen with the poop pellets one at a time? If such an effect were AoE you could simply blast one and multiple creatures would lose aggro all at once (also applies to slow-down rounds as it would help to slow down large hordes of enemies that will re-aggro quickly like spiders).

1 hour ago, Frodeur said:

DST was not made with a controler in mind . Just deal with it

Arrogant and unproductive.  Console players help this game/community grow.  Because of them YOU get more updates and the life of the game is expanded.  They play the same role in the future of the game as you do.  

Just look at all the forum post from Mike . He just always complain about the difference about console/xbox . 

Do people complain about FPS game on console because Mouse give a better and faster Aiming ? I dont think so . 

Do people using bike complain because motorbike exist ? Once again they didnt . 

Yeah I totally understand the "unfair" advantage that pc have over console . I totally agree about the fact that they lack mod. I always told people that comme over to my stream that I have a IMMENSE respect for the console player because i'm such a goofy with a controler . 

My comment may sound agressive , but un fact this is more my way to say " yeah let it go , DST will ALWAYS be different no mater what klei do to their game , because you cant mimic the mouse + keyboard combo with a controler , and that's a fact . 

And since klei will never implement the " pause the game when you open the craft menu " ( I think this is a feature on DS ? ) , i guess console player player are stuck with Hardware/software limitation for the rest of their live

EDIT : oh yeah I get more update , are you talking about the update that was supposed to improve optimisation that instead broke 1k+ world ? ;) 

This would be a little tweak that would make a huge difference. It is annoying. The fact that you can only hit Deerclops twice before you have to move away is tedious and sorta defeats the whole purpose. Buff it by a tiny bit would be enough to make me happy.

13 minutes ago, Frodeur said:

Just look at all the forum post from Mike . He just always complain about the difference about console/xbox . 

Do people complain about FPS game on console because Mouse give a better and faster Aiming ? I dont think so . 

Yeah I totally understand the "unfair" advantage that pc have over console . I totally agree about the fact that they lack mod. I always told people that comme over to my stream that I have a IMMENSE respect for the console player because i'm such a goofy with a controler . 

My comment may sound agressive , but un fact this is more my way to say " yeah let it go , DST will ALWAYS be different no mater what klei do to their game , because you cant mimic the mouse + keyboard combo with a controler , and that's a fact . 

And since klei will never implement the " pause the game when you open the craft menu " ( I think this is a feature on DS ? ) , i guess console player player are stuck with Hardware/software limitation for the rest of their live

EDIT : oh yeah I get more update , are you talking about the update that was supposed to improve optimisation that instead broke 1k+ world ? ;) 

Yes, I am tired of a certain someone that complains constantly about those differences. There is nothing we can do except maybe ask Klei, and if it really is that bad, then it sounds better if you just don't play the game at all.

30 minutes ago, Frodeur said:

As a paying customer Mike can and should open discussions regarding his gameplay experience. 

Dismissing his positions with "well you are on console, suck it up."  not only does nothing to help improve the game, but it also gives developers permission to keep releasing inferior content.  There have been many successful PC to Console ports.  Blaming hardware for bad gameplay decisions is not helpful. 

The argument Mike is making is not "Mouse give a better and faster Aiming"  

The argument is "I have no aiming at all"

This is akin to playing a shooting game on the console and not being able to aim down the sights or not having full range of motion because the developer could not figure out how to work the controller.

I have played DST on both PC and console, the implementation of wortox (and the lazy explorer  for that matter) into the console version was lazy work.   For me, the character is unplayable.  Not only because you cannot control the hop, but because you have the most obnoxious red circle floating around your screen with no option to get rid of it.   And sorry, this is not a hardware issue, this is an half hearted and thoughtless implementation of core gameplay mechanics.  

18 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

This would be a little tweak that would make a huge difference. It is annoying. The fact that you can only hit Deerclops twice before you have to move away is tedious and sorta defeats the whole purpose. Buff it by a tiny bit would be enough to make me happy.

Yes, I am tired of a certain someone that complains constantly about those differences. There is nothing we can do except maybe ask Klei, and if it really is that bad, then it sounds better if you just don't play the game at all.

I am as well.

manual aiming would involve in alot of pointless clicking, alot of misses and much less reliable DPS. And after 2 weeks no one would wanna do it again because their finger hurts.

holding F slingshot is perfectly fine. Just increase a tiny bit of range?

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys are being biased.. I only ask you to play with a controller for about a week, then come back here and legitimately tell me you still feel the same way.  

I once tried to do a klaus fight with a controler , and Oh boi .... that fight went soooooo bad .
As I said, i TRUELY respect console player , this is not some irony or joke. 
Building with a controler is a nightmare , building without geometric is a nigthmare. 
I may sound cocky but I really feel bad for the poor control without a mouse/keybord.

Spoiler
59 minutes ago, Frodeur said:

I once tried to do a klaus fight with a controler , and Oh boi .... that fight went soooooo bad .
As I said, i TRUELY respect console player , this is not some irony or joke. 
Building with a controler is a nightmare , building without geometric is a nigthmare. 
I may sound cocky but I really feel bad for the poor control without a mouse/keybord.

Having just solo killed Klaus on a random ps4 server with Maxwell for funsies, this comment makes me feel (´・ω・`)

I tried changing the range with a mod. With a few extra tiles of range It seems to miss a lot more if the target isn't standing still. Maybe having the range at 2 tiles or 8 units (default) is the most reliable for hitting them?

55 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Having just solo killed Klaus on a random ps4 server with Maxwell for funsies, this comment makes me feel (´・ω・`)

Having just solo killed klaus with one hand on my not so random world with wolfgang for funsies, your comment make me feel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit for clarification and to give less egoboost to some people I never owned a console in my life, never played DST with a controler BTW . I just plugged in a controler and did a figth for some fellow viewer that played on PS and were complaining about the targeting and the " reverse hit " that can happen 

... the differences of how the game plays on PC & Console is NOT why I choose to ping the Dev’s- I pinged them to point out that if they decided to add Wheeler to the game that she wouldn’t be as absurdly broken and OP as You all made her out to be.

To Clarify that for you: 5 Pebbles or pieces of gold for Walter can be turned into 50 rounds of Ammo for his Slingshot.

5 Pebbles for Wheeler is still just 5 rounds of Ammo And the Item she fires is destroyed upon use.

Which turns Wheelers Pewmatic into a silly Novelty item at this point.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whoa wait a dang minute... you can just click anywhere on your screen to teleport as Wortox on PC?!?! Now I don’t normally complain too much about the differences between this game on Console & PC- but THAT my friend is absurdly broken, unfair and overpowered, Playing as Wortox on Console you have a limited pre-set range you can teleport to visible by an always on screen indicator of where you will be teleporting to, And you have to be facing in the direction of where your wanting to go.

Hamlet just released on Xbox One last week and Wheeler works the same exact way to soul hopping.

Actually I believe Wheeler to be pretty disappointing- She did NOT live up to her absurdly Overpowered Hype people put behind her (except the Navigadget.. that thing will need a Justified nerf in DST if she’s ever added) So IF Klei decides to add Wheeler into DST TOMORROW I would welcome her as being a balanced & totally playable character.

Why??? Because her Dodge actually has significantly less range then Wortox’s Soul Hops and has a 1-2 second delay in between being able to use AND Now that Walter Simply even exists.... his Slingshot makes the Pew-Matic feel like a Silly outdated novelty item.. that is nowhere near as good as the Slingshot... loading items into or swapping new ones into the Pewmatic is Problematic & much more of a hassle then loading ammo into Walter Slingshots.. (but luckily DS Single Player pauses the game while loading Pewmatic ammo stuffs..) and She also even has less range then Walter Slingshots.

So @JoeW & @JanH 

(I don’t normally ping the dev’s on a daily basis like this because I know they’re very busy with other stuff and don’t have time to read or reply to everyone who messages them.. but having played Wortox & Walter In Dont Starve Together on Xbox & Wheeler in Hamlet on Xbox- I can safely say Wheeler could be added tomorrow and she wouldn’t even sound broken anymore.)

Can you please stop derailing every single post I make by starting completely unnecessary fights about consoles?

We get it, playing DST on consoles sucks...

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys are being biased.. I only ask you to play with a controller for about a week, then come back here and legitimately tell me you still feel the same way.  

I would never do that, because I'm smart enough to realise that Don't Starve Together is designed for PC. I'm sorry, I know not everyone can afford a PC, but that's just how it is.

I want to play Horizon Zero Dawn. I can't because my PC is cheap and it can't run the graphics, but do I spend my hours complaining on the forums screaming at the devs to downgrade the graphics so I can play it? No, I don't. Horizon Zero Dawn is designed for higher end PC's and consoles...I DO NOT FAULT THE GAME FOR THAT. 

DST is one of the most accessible games out there. It's easier to run than Minecraft. And if you can't get a PC, then there's literally hundreds of other games you can play on consoles. 

Get a PC or move on to another game, I'm sorry, that's literally the only thing anyone can say to you. 

On 6/21/2020 at 1:08 PM, Squirrel12 said:

So my number one problem with Walter, is that the range of his slingshot is really limited. It works like any other ranged weapon: you click at something and Walter has to run to get close to it and then he shoots.

I was hoping that Walter's slingshot would be truly ranged and you could shoot things without having to move close to them (like Wortox's teleporting, where you can just click anywhere on the screen). I was really disappointed to see that Walter has to get right up close to the enemy to use his slingshot. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

It's really annoying especially in boats. I was hoping Walter would be a good sailing character,thinking that his slingshot would be really useful to hunt puffins and aquatic mobs while sailing, but no, it's really bothersome to use. Getting the boat close enough to mobs so that Walter can shoot defeats the purpose.

In an attempt to get this thread back on track...

I don’t mind Walter’s range, but a problem I have with him is that when I’m autoattacking on him, he will run towards the enemy after firing one shot before resetting his position. It messes up my kiting especially when I’m fighting a swarm enemy like hounds or spiders.

Not sure if Klei could realistically fix this as it seems more of a lag/ping issue, but that’s my only issue with him.

11 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Who has the time to shoot an entire horde of Bunnymen with the poop pellets one at a time? If such an effect were AoE you could simply blast one and multiple creatures would lose aggro all at once

This would be cool, but I also think the concept of being able to pick off members of a crowd you don't want so you can take down a target individually is really neat. It just... doesn't work.

Spoiler

LoL man I love it how folks are like: Buy a PC or go play a different game, showing little to no Actual concern for the console player fanbase. This is In actuality HEAVILY Important before Klei’s dreams of making the game Cross-Platform compatible can EVER even be considered..

I do not care that you can point in any direction with your mouse and teleport.. what I care about is exactly how FAR You are ALLOWED to Teleport..... or Cast out a Fishing Rod... or Fire Walters Slingshot.

There is no excuse in the world why PC should not be bound to the same restrictions & limitations in that as Console otherwise If this game ever receives that Crossplay- PC Players will obviously always have a large advantage over the Console players.

Look.. Were all playing the same game.. a Game Klei has heavily hinted towards wanting to become cross-platform compatible.

Make all the confused reacts or Reply with all the (mostly inconsiderate to others not playing on the same platform as you) remarks that you want.. but you guys know that deep down I’m bringing up some pretty legitimate points.

The TL:DR of my spoiler- There would need to be some serious balancing optimizations before Crossplay between PC/Console could ever be a thing.

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

legitimate points.

You really aren't. Half of the times you reply to any topic you either derail it with your cries about console or other stuff that doesnt make any sense to op, theres a specific subforum called DST PS4 and Xbox. I really don't want to be a d*ck to people for no reason, but you gotta change the way you present your problems man, everyone has some sort of cripple, like i get it that you just want what's best for your platform but barging in to any topic and constantly reminding that xbox doesnt have this xbox doesnt have that isn't really the way to go.

Archived