Walter: 8 Marbles to kill a Deerclops

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

Note we are talking about ranged attack that is quite decent; Walter can just kill pretty much any boss in this fasion, not just Deerclops. Think Fuelweaver. Others prepare a TON. Walter just goes, traps Fuelweaver with two Lureplants, and fires away a dezon Marbles...

That is indeed broken as hell but I second the other comment saying this is a problem with the Lureplants, not the slingshots. 

4 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

Note we are talking about ranged attack that is quite decent; Walter can just kill pretty much any boss in this fasion, not just Deerclops. Think Fuelweaver. Others prepare a TON. Walter just goes, traps Fuelweaver with two Lureplants, and fires away a dezon Marbles...

You see, thats a problem with Klei not fixing BS cheese tactics, not Walter.

I don't get why people think this is OP and out of the world, only reason i don't like it is because everything is based on melee fights in DST, there's only boomerang that can only be used for bird farming and blowdarts that are too expensive to use. So there will be situations where he is probably really good.

Farming marble trees to kill deerclops that i can kill so easily with no resource investment? Why would i even go for something like that.

Also his DPS shouldn't be compared to melee fighters, he is supposed to have lower dps by a lot otherwise there'd be no point in ever picking anyone other then him.

For me this is a good thing: we finally got a viable ranged character. Variety. Has some wonky aspects atm but overall is a welcomed addition to DST's cast in my book. And as others stated above: with those 8 Marbles one can make Marble Suit, place a roaring Campifre, and face-tank spamming F with HamBat in hand till One-Eyed kicks hard the proverbial bucket.

14 hours ago, Shosuko said:

totes op 

As this clearly shows, Lureplants isn't really the problem; it is the game mechanics that are interacting in a complex way for player's "witful" advantage. Yes, it is clearly cheesing the boss (I call for a drop of item Cheese to reward cheesy tactics like these but that is literally another post I'd not link here to stay on track); but there will always be ways to cheese the boss in a complex game. Heck, even in Pacman you can cheese and it is pretty much just running around on a donut. Cheesing is player's choice.

However, for Walter throwing Marbles at everything can become a cheap and easy way **legit** way to kill bosses. There is really not much "complex dynamics witfully used for player's advantage" there. It is either actively encouraging Walters to cheese everything (if it is cheese), or simply too OP.  

Archived