Additions For Sailing and Return of Them Content?

Hello everyone,

There has been a lot of sailing and lunar island content, like Glass Cutter, Stone Fruit, Salt, Cookiecutters, the Malbotross, new turf, Narwhales, new crockpot recipes, boats, the Crab King, Pearl, Pearl's Pearl, and a ton of other stuff. But, somehow, it still seems like there could be be a lot more cool stuff. Say anything you want to be added. I personally want more boating content, like cannons. And I think that they should bring back the Big Fishing Rod, to catch bigger things for more loot,

I would like to hear your ideas.

I'd love more interactions between the ocean and seasons.

For example, I'm absolutely dying for ice glaciers/sheets in winter, Theyd have irregular shapes and act just like boats, you can hop on them and etc. Temporary biomes in Winter that are clusters of a bunch of ice glaciers with their own mobs, resources and items would be absolutely amazing.

14 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I'd love more interactions between the ocean and seasons.

For example, I'm absolutely dying for ice glaciers/sheets in winter, Theyd have irregular shapes and act just like boats, you can hop on them and etc. Temporary biomes in Winter that are clusters of a bunch of ice glaciers with their own mobs, resources and items would be absolutely amazing.

I think that might the best seafaring suggestion I've ever heard. No lie.

25 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

Water hounds.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.47.30 PM.png

Some stuff I'd love to see:

• Special properties for the Fallounder and the Bloomfin Tuna to match the Ice Bream and Scorching Sunfish. (Maybe the Bloomfin Tuna could have a blooming mechanic that rewarded you with specific crop seeds if you kept them alive for 3 days...)
  • Walrus MacTusk sailing an enemy ship during Autumn, Spring and Summer (he'd come on land during Winter like he already does). You'd have to kill him and/or sink his ship before he sinks yours and you'd get a couple of really useful drops in return. (Maybe a harpoon launcher for your boat?)
  • Last, but not least, the Otters and Water Turtles that were datamined forever ago.

I'd like to see a smaller, quicker boat that you can't place as many structures on.  Something better for early game, exploring, or just fishing rather than full on sea basing.

Also boats made from different materials with different properties.  A dragon scale boat could be immune to fire.  Add some marble to the boat recipe to make a more durable boat that can withstand collisions better.  Maybe a living log boat that has ghostly light that lights up the waters around the boat (but not the deck of the boat, only around it)

Wilani would make a good addition with a paddle board, or wind surf board she can pick up and take around with her.  Maybe have it constantly lose durability rather than only on collision.

Spy glass and pirate hat could pretty much be ported over exactly in their SW form.  Captain hat could be really good in giving the boat some resistance to damage too.

I really think a boat gun would be really useful.  Make it so that you can load it with different shots, so you could have a standard cannon round or like a harpoon, a net, or something else even.  The standard shot would deal aoe damage where it lands, the harpoon would attach a mob to your boat and reel it (or you) in, and a net could catch birds, ocean debris, or fishes in an aoe.  To load it you put in a gunpowder and the round, use a torch to light it - I think it would be really cool.

An improved steering wheel would be REALLY nice too...  We got improved sails, but the turning radius on the default steering wheel is pretty bad when you're going full speed.

Oh yeah - and a world generation setting for archipelago which shrinks all of the biomes and separates them by water so you must boat to get around.  This would probably require a starting raft recipe, but it would be an amazing game mode!

20 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Some stuff I'd love to see:

• Walrus MacTusk sailing an enemy ship during Autumn, Spring and Summer (he'd come on land during Winter like he already does). You'd have to kill him and/or sink his ship before he sinks yours and you'd get a couple of really useful drops in return. (Maybe a harpoon launcher for your boat?)
  • Last, but not least, the Otters and Water Turtles that were datamined forever ago.

A sailing Mc Tusk party is a fantastic idea! The only thing I would change is that it'd happen on only one other season (Autumn if he's coming to the land, Spring if he's leaving, or Summer to contrast well with what they do in Winter). First because I wouldn't want to worry about Mc Tusk everytime I go sailing but most importantly because seasonal specific activities is exactly what the ocean needs at the moment.

I'm also patiently waiting for Otters and Turtles! The ocean really needs more mobs.

This ones probably the most simplistic of things to ask for- New Islands each with their own theme, weather seasons and mobs.

i have a boat and can sail the ocean now... let me adventure into new and familiar places!!!! 

my noob friend can survive forever back on the main land but let ME be able to sail off on my own into new and dangerous territories, I would still consider that as playing WITH my friend because any loot I obtain on my adventures I can still bring back to the more peaceful islands to help him out with.

TL:DR- He’s on the Vanilla starting Area, I’m in a new & strange Volcanic Forge like Biome off in the ocean somewhere fighting Shipwrecked Dragoon’s and Forge Magma Golems that spit fireballs at me.

They want to make this game more accessible to casuals and hardcore players simultaneously at the same time... this is the best idea I have to offer on how to do that.

Archived