Balloons not included

Anyone could explain me the trick with balloons overjoy? I've never seen them in my bases despite having many duplicates with good morales - any other overjoy I see regularly. I've found some patch notes saying something about fixing "space requirements for balloon stands", but I've tested running my base with some space in rec room, giving dupes a lot of downtime for a lot of cycles - no effects. Any idea welcome :)

Some pics:

recroom.thumb.png.b68b684eb1d5e24bb9b576c31dedec95.png

schedule.thumb.png.3949185a2b3134cd6d1a8124cd7b4f18.png

Spacers and Farmers are exemplary Ballooners:

balooners.thumb.png.db626a43a2f42ea123e42d93eda0d132.png

I do not know exactly what all the tricks to it are, but I stuck an extra unit of downtime on my balloon guy, and occasionally he goes and stands by the printing pod for a short period of time, and as the dupes run by he gives them a balloon.  I LOVE when they have balloons, such a great stat boost, I wish I knew more about the mechanism to get them to give them out. Like, do they have to pass the balloon artist at the printing pod or is there some kind of call out?  How do I trigger that?  My dupes are not in atmo suites inside the base, so maybe that's a factor that is different from your photo.

That would be very interesting mechanic (or a bug?). This overjoy already limits one-dupe-per-schedule system (I wonder if that was intended), if also atmosuits are off then probably I must rethink my designs. Or dupes.

My printing pod is not accessible to dupes for logistics reasons and now that you make me think about it I haven't seen a Baloon in hundreds of cycles. For the record, I have multiple recreational rooms, so dupes go there to idle.

I'd be very interested to know about this too!

I saw them once in cycle 2000 or so of a base where I had 5 dupes with the trait and massively more morale than needed. I would say I have seen them once now in >10'000 playing cycles overall or so. The trait is basically non-existent dues to its extremely low probability.

I see balloons quite often, probably because my Printing Pod is always available, and I have not built restrooms for a long time. We have no time to relax! We pee, eat and go to sleep, get up early tomorrow, a lot of work! :-D

Once I noticed that a duplicant after a meal came to the Printing Pod and pulled a balloons out of his pocket, then another duplicant ran in there and the first duplicant gave it a balloons too. Perhaps this works somehow, but this is not accurate information. :???:

45 minutes ago, Xenotrix said:

I see balloons quite often, probably because my Printing Pod is always available, and I have not built restrooms for a long time. We have no time to relax! We pee, eat and go to sleep, get up early tomorrow, a lot of work! :-D

Once I noticed that a duplicant after a meal came to the Printing Pod and pulled a balloons out of his pocket, then another duplicant ran in there and the first duplicant gave it a balloons too. Perhaps this works somehow, but this is not accurate information. :???:

Well, I _think_ I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. And it did work once.

@Tytan They have a kind of philosophy where your life and purpose is defined by your actions, therefore what name could be better? And who am I to deny them such philosophy? :D

Anyway, I did test run without exosuits, with recroom around printing pod, until my food run out (and Architect-A, unfortunately, may he rest in piece). Still no signs of balloons, just many relieving themselves with rainbow flickering.

Any other ideas? :D

3 hours ago, Tytan said:

what horror the name of his dupes are their functions T_T
don't they mean anything to you? only slave labor? T_T

Well, if I did that I would need to name them Victim01, Victim02,....

15 hours ago, nessumo said:

They have a kind of philosophy where your life and purpose is defined by your actions, therefore what name could be better? And who am I to deny them such philosophy?

poor guys are stuck in the world of minority report :c

12 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Well, if I did that I would need to name them Victim01, Victim02,....

poor of mine, some will be: janitor, forever :(, will never grow in life

On 5/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, psusi said:

I thought I used to see balloons get shared in my soda fountain rec room and they fall back to the printing pod if there isn't another rec room.

I have two other rec rooms but he goes and hands out balloons by the printing pod not in the other rec rooms.  (My print pod is in a rec room as well)

11 hours ago, nessumo said:

@Xenotrix, could you please share any save where you see the balloons? Maybe by comparing it to mine I could discover something.

Hmm. Let me see. I checked my archive with dropped colonies and find with active balloons. 
Currently balloon have Hassan and Ari. Ballon artists: Nails and Ren.

My specific play style:
1. Do not block access to the Printing Pod
2. Narrow specialization of duplicants. Do not distribute skill points in excess of necessary. Turn off activities, except specialized.
3. Long time dont build recreation rooms. Only jukebot and arcane cabinet.
4. Shower build, but usualy disabled. We have no time for a shower. Work is waiting!
5. In this colony, I experimented with shifting the downtime after sleep for to optimize the time spent on these "useless" process. :)

List of mods I use (most cosmetic)

Spoiler

Geyser Calculated Average Output Tooltip
Bigger Camera Zoom Out
Favorite Resources [ Любимые ресурсы ] // by @Ony 
Bigger Building Menu
No VSYNC
No Research Alerts
No 'Long Commutes'
No Build Watermark
Default Building Settings
No Pointless Scrollbars
Suppress Notifications
Reset Build Priority
Fixed Camera Pan
Deconstruct Only Buildings
Better Info Cards
Drag Tool Area
刷新选人(Refresh selection)
Settings Change Tool
Deselect New Materials
Show Building Ranges
Sweep By Type

The Underground Utopia Cycle 439.sav

P.S. Hmm It seems to me that there are problems with attaching the file to the post, here is an alternative temporary link.
https://dropmefiles.com/vA0qy

Archived