if wurt gets a goat skin i'll donate all my money to klei

Ahh, the good ol' days of Wurt speculation, when I assumed Wurt actually was a goat/merm hybrid, hailing from the Elder Bog. (the place where the Gorge event took place.)

The horns in the initial discovery definitely threw me off. :D

image.png.f833781d61e36d077bedfc38948c9501.png 

Perhaps a future Victorian skin?

WurtVictorian.png.bf0007c721ec92e78433d686d75268b4.png

1 hour ago, Lumberlocke said:

Ahh, the good ol' days of Wurt speculation, when I assumed Wurt actually was a goat/merm hybrid, hailing from the Elder Bog. (the place where the Gorge event took place.)

I would buy this, And Totally Normal Tree Wormwood

I hope she gets a total rework first.

Real sad that Klei didnt explore some gorge/goat lore.

You would think crop growing would be an important part of a vegetarian character from the gorge, but nope, just merms that punch things.

Having a skin that is maybe 75% Goat and 25% Merm would be cool, would be a bit odd if a full on goat was hanging around a bunch of merms all day.

10 hours ago, Lumberlocke said:

PLEASE

Seeing how "popular" Wurt is with them crowds out there in pubs-bulk (~1.5%, rock-bottom alongside poor neglected Wes), don't hold your breath for her to get a skin-pack anytime soon - "strong downside" was well received I see, much appreciated, and ofc we need more of that :rolleyes:

But yes, some lore link between Gorge universe's mermification-plague and Constant's merms via Wurt would've been a more interesting approach as opposed to some random and sentient Guard Merm like how she was presented.

2 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

But yes, some lore link between Gorge universe's mermification-plague and Constant's merms via Wurt would've been a more interesting approach as opposed to some random and sentient Guard Merm like how she was presented.

Personally I disagree that it would've been more interesting. The Gorge's goat lore is really cool and I love the Elder Bog in general, but it's already got fully fleshed out lore in my opinion, and doesn't need more unless it's a resolution of what happened with Billy and Mumsy. For a character like this, It's much more interesting to me for them to focus on Merms and how their culture is evolving now, rather than having a character still stuck in the past of the Gorge. I also just love seeing how the Pigs and Merms of the same little forest world are progressing in pretty different ways, yet now share the idea of a king.

6 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I hope she gets a total rework first.

Real sad that Klei didnt explore some gorge/goat lore.

You would think crop growing would be an important part of a vegetarian character from the gorge, but nope, just merms that punch things.

first, wurt isnt from the gorge, she's just a merm. Unless theres some farout merm lore about how they actually first came from the gorge, then it's fair i guess even though by the time we see them in the constant i'm pretty sure they're far and away from knowing anything about their past.

second, i feel like it's painfully hard to not see how wurt benefits from like, even a single farm plot? even growing food that isn't normally super good like eggplants or watermelons is still a pretty nice bit of food for wurt. How do you simplify her that hard and not see that?

third, merms do more than punch things in comparison to other minions, they can mine and chop trees too. Granted, the animation is punching, but regardless they are thereby pretty useful for things that isnt just straight combat, and the fact that they take offerings as small as butterfly wings for loyalty makes it pretty handy to even have just one on hand. 

also wurt goat skin would be cool but i'd rather have a skin that doesnt completely transform her and instead just changes her look like how the skins for human characters do, I like to play as default wurt skin over the other three, as i like the look.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

do we know that?

The early leaks at a goat character, her goat horns and slightly pronounced snout, the fact that merms are created by the Gnaw.

I guess some people are just unobservant.

5 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

The early leaks at a goat character, her goat horns and slightly pronounced snout, the fact that merms are created by the Gnaw.

I guess some people are just unobservant.

Loyal Merm Guard Small the jokes write themselves

10 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

If by "early leaks" you mean Wortox's old "Next Character" quote—that's not even a valid point because those quotes weren't even used for Wurt. Whatever it was for, doesn't exist.

Archived