[Game Update] - 406549

• Developer

Bug Fixes:

• Crabby Hermit’s shop works at high friendship now.
  • You don’t have to clean Seastacks to make the Crabby Hermit happy.
  • Crab King doesn’t set off spells when it dies.
  • Stopped the Firepit from being extinguished when using the Clean Sweeper.
  • Fixed an issue where the items inside the Bundle Of Thanks would also appear at (0, 0, 0) in the world.

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where the items inside the Bundle Of Thanks would also appear at (0, 0, 0) in the world.

View full update

That's the same bug I had with the carrat's reward ? At this place, I see water now, I mean a kind of splash when you drop something in the water. 2 times and it stops. (xbox)

19 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • Crabby Hermit’s shop works at high friendship now.
  • You don’t have to clean Seastacks to make the Crabby Hermit happy.

Thanks for this! I was really worried the first issue was going to stay for awhile, and the second change is just a nice convenient one.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixed an issue where the items inside the Bundle Of Thanks would also appear at (0, 0, 0) in the world.

I’m kinda amused this happened twice in a row for bundled items, but oh well : P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Crab King doesn’t set off spells when it dies.

Do you know if the issue where spells are being set off when he is frozen will be addressed?

Freezing him supposedly cancels the spell, but sometimes it still goes off (as of this patch), like if 2 players Ice Staff Crab King fast when he's doing his spell .

Edit: It happens if you attack him the same frame he is frozen when doing a spell.

Edited by lakhnish
as of this patch

Same, 

also when i delete the old world, create a new one the server starts but its not listed. When i restart the server it crashes again... :?

Ubuntu 18.04. Worked before this last fix tho...

Edited by joschi
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tsuna87 said:

One got updated (client), the other might not (server).

I was wondering if this was an issue. Currently DST streamers are playing on the latest hotfix, but they usually use client.

3 minutes ago, tsuna87 said:

One got updated (client), the other might not (server).

could you please explain, how i update the client on the linux headless server? i was not aware that this is even a thing or that i ever installaed a client.  

12 minutes ago, tsuna87 said:

the normal game is the client :)

sry, i dont get how that is related... the problem is that the server does not start anymore after the update, it has nothing to do with the client... there are several errors while starting the "overworld" master server... cave shard seems to be fine tho...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tsuna87 said:

the normal game is the client :)

the game has client for players, to connect to worlds and also settings they changed personally and also mods. it can be used to find a player for the server. however, server's seemed to have FAILED when the hotfix dropped, meaning any and all saves could become corrupt, while the client is ok, old server saves are at risk at the current moment, and this is the issue. not client, server.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Sorry everyone. The dedicated server update was not set live. It should be fixed now. Please let us know if they are still crashing.

Works now :) its listed and we can connect. While startup i get some errors tho about a yellow crab prefab thats missing or so... but that could be because of the old save games maybe? :D

thanks for the fast update tho!

Edited by joschi
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, ADM said:

Endothermic Fire Pits need this as well ^^

Doh. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the reminder.

1 hour ago, ADM said:

Also, it seems that using the Sweeper on items keep the inventory images of the original applied skin on crafting.

We fixed a bunch of these bugs in the beta. Is there a specific item that's having the problem still?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1