Beware group of griefter in Klei official Catcoon Den

998075.3949999926_20200412204402_1.thumb.jpg.7655391b9bfff95024b7731f124638d0.jpg991518.8499999931_20200412204355_1.thumb.jpg.11f88851adfe030438e1ba8a7f97e2e4.jpg 
This happened two days ago, when my friend joined klei server catcoon. A bunch of webber players decided to plan the eggs at the portal. He sent me the pictures and ask me to report this to the group server.  Immediately, they started accusing us back for " griefting " and sending the chatlog to report us.

Capture9889.PNG.55ecf5fb50d531c4e4a4b0739fe7e155.PNG

Chatlog Sources https://discordapp.com/channels/615377918323064834/622390683747090437/698966643849691217.

What interesting is in the chatlog that THEY sent to report us, has the conversation of their plan : How they are going to hostage a klei server, and the spider eggs is just the first step.

They plan to do a full tentacle portal trap, with wall , fossils, and spider eggs. And later in the game, they will do do the glommer blowdart bug, to use krampus (mobs)  blocking the portal, prevent ghost players to go through and find touchstone.

Since both the reports are too far/hearsay, neither of both side got ban. They seem to be very pleased with the result and the very next day ( pictures). They decided to block the portal with fossils. 

At the time, players in discord server actually started to joined the catcoon server, suicide ( since the portal is block ) :) and ghosting around the server untill they got mad and log out. 

now.PNG.6d9a5f6d487da73d87f7e6fe21304c53.PNG56553103.39_2ds0200413121622_1.jpg.c3133181293187155924cdabeb6ddf26.jpgunknowndsasds.png.bf594688e84a89c518008d6b0836452b.png

now_2.PNG.182f78a4c2908521caa9e21e772a5b40.PNG

unknownas.png.2a6ae171a7ec174784449890ff6a6df3.png

They also found fossils at their base, inside chester because they haunted a pig to kill it =))))

They ( griefters ) also use a mod called " no griefter". ( link here : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2007563445.) auto kick players with it, and these people are abusing this mod to auto kick people they dont like, personally. 

They currently back to the catcoon den server, and of course, auto kick my friend and I :), also a bunch or random people they speculate griefters without any proof. 

I already wrote a comment to the modder, to fix the modification of the auto kick list, or give the mod to only trusty people.

For everyone, carefull with this server, watch out for the portal traps, or other methods of prevent new players to join.

And please in any puplic servers, only vote kick people , when the voter has a legit reason to do so :) .

I have encountered such a situation a few days ago bro.These people are totally here to harm normal players.Seriously ruined the gaming experience of others.

I hope Klei can detect these people and confirm that they will never be allowed to enter the server. Imagine the feeling that a new player is expected to enter the game and be knocked down by monsters. This will ruin everyone's game experience. I even suspect that such people have some kind of Only mental illness likes to harm other friendly players in this way.

Sadly KLei doesn't seem to care at all about griefing, neither in DST in general nor on their official servers. Time and again this situation resurfaced - be it rings of Spider Nests placed in gate, walled Gate with Fossils, Tentacle Field in Spawn and so on. Even the official DST trailer in Steam Store page has a Willow burning some base, thus...

You can get friends and try to out-play the griefers in various ways. Or skip KLei official servers altogether for friendly and moderated community servers like Diverse Survivors, Slightly Tilted, How To Survive! etc.

Okey, I thought online servers don't like new people that's why they are doing that. The catcoon server is the first server I played online as it's klei official server. Earlier they designed a maze that takes very long time or impossible to come out from it. After my death and Roming around for several minutes one of them decided to revive me. 

Even the touch stones are blocked by end table. After revival I asked the reason for those works and they said to prevent server from bad people.

Sadly, playing on public servers is at your own risk.

There's nothing that can save you in these situation but disconnect and play on a server with its admins connected so they can do rollbacks or kick players that disturb the game experience, you'd still have fun time and keep meeting good peoples without the downside of griefers slowly dominating a server (cause lol, it's funny to be a piece of latest?cb=20121216141435).

That's how many multiplayer games are, especially DST that don't have anything to report players efficiently atm, and we can't help you on this situation but encourage you to play on places where idiots don't have power, so far this is the only thing that work.

11 minutes ago, sovon9 said:

Even the touch stones are blocked by end table. After revival I asked the reason for those works and they said to prevent server from bad people.

bigbrain.thumb.jpg.80517477611ad80619408c246db8d4ad.jpg This is some indisputable logic my friend.

Never understood these types of people. I guess it falls into what person finds entertaining for them, in this case some people find using the game knowledge that they have obtained in their advantage of griefing and mass killing new/freshly joined players or just overall destruction. One could argue if its based off real life events that have transpired in the persons life in order to gain joy of others struggling inside a video game, or just pure boredom and lack of empathy. Like it or not, we have to adapt to this situation by out smarting them.

12 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Never understood these types of people. I guess it falls into what person finds entertaining for them, in this case some people find using the game knowledge that they have obtained in their advantage of griefing and mass killing new/freshly joined players or just overall destruction. One could argue if its based off real life events that have transpired in the persons life in order to gain joy of others struggling inside a video game, or just pure boredom and lack of empathy. Like it or not, we have to adapt to this situation by out smarting them.

empty angry people

I'm not looking at the situation very hard, but I've known catcoon den to try to last as long as possible, thousands of days, and there's ALWAYS someone trying to burn down all the reeds etc, said griefers having more success recently. Thus they always had to make sure the base had no moonlenses to hide it, but I never heard of them trying to kill people as soon as they spawn to prevent grief. Not that anything will happen.

That mod you listed gives day 1 people the power to auto kick others. Without the mod you have to be alive for what, 20+ days to be able to start a vote kick? Klei needs to fix what that mod abuses because it gives you too much kicking power to abuse which unmodded players do not have. 

17 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Sadly KLei doesn't seem to care at all about griefing, neither in DST in general nor on their official servers. Time and again this situation resurfaced - be it rings of Spider Nests placed in gate, walled Gate with Fossils, Tentacle Field in Spawn and so on. Even the official DST trailer in Steam Store page has a Willow burning some base, thus...

You can get friends and try to out-play the griefers in various ways. Or skip KLei official servers altogether for friendly and moderated community servers like Diverse Survivors, Slightly Tilted, How To Survive! etc.

Not everyone live in major region like EU or US where always have tons of  group server available yearround .We have a very limited good connection servers to play in SEA region and klei server definitely the best one.

20200404152805_1.jpg.d0922dc8b169f790b7e463ec012ad6c3.jpg

playing in server outside of my own region with 200+ ping is quite annoying, Even the DST group servers here is laggy with package lost, savefile corrupted ( due to bad service recently ) and my own computer is not good enough to host, I mostly play in servers that has an admin, but klei server still a better place for players here.

17 hours ago, ADM said:

Sadly, playing on public servers is at your own risk.

There's nothing that can save you in these situation but disconnect and play on a server with its admins connected so they can do rollbacks or kick players that disturb the game experience, you'd still have fun time and keep meeting good peoples without the downside of griefers slowly dominating a server (cause lol, it's funny to be a piece of latest?cb=20121216141435).

That's how many multiplayer games are, especially DST that don't have anything to report players efficiently atm, and we can't help you on this situation but encourage you to play on places where idiots don't have power, so far this is the only thing that work.

bigbrain.thumb.jpg.80517477611ad80619408c246db8d4ad.jpg This is some indisputable logic my friend.

"Sadly, playing on public servers is at your own risk. "

NICE INSTRUCTION KLEI SHOULD PUT THIS ON SERVER DESCRIPTION 

PUBLIC SERVER !!! PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW amazing my faith inhumanity has been restore as ever to play in public server

1 hour ago, FuriousChimera said:

Not everyone live in major region like EU or US where always have tons of  group server available yearround .We have a very limited good connection servers to play in SEA region and klei server definitely the best one.

20200404152805_1.jpg.d0922dc8b169f790b7e463ec012ad6c3.jpg

playing in server outside of my own region with 200+ ping is quite annoying, Even the DST group servers here is laggy with package lost, savefile corrupted ( due to bad service recently ) and my own computer is not good enough to host, I mostly play in servers that has an admin, but klei server still a better place for players here.

Unfortunately yes, for some players in certain regions KLei official servers remain only viable option due to ping. To be fair, even in my case - sans 1 Endless dedicated/community server - next pubs with best ping are KLei official ones as well (and I suspect this being the case for a hefty chunk of player-base too). There are solutions, some probably quite simple to implement, in limiting griefing - like someone here mentioned: making a certain area - let's say 1 screen in diameter around spawn - impossible to spawn Tentacles, place fossils, Anenemy, walls etc on for obvious reasons; and this would be only the start of it, as another basic option regarding griefing via burning of structures for example would be to make character stop such an action and present some quote in vein of "I can't do such heinous act to my fellow survivors" (let's be real here, who is burning player-made structures for another purpose aside griefing). Yet... crickets from KLei's end. And, again, looking at DST Launch Trailer (present on Steam Store page) one can even suspect griefing was (perhaps is even now, judging by apparent unwillingness to solve this issue) encouraged at some point as a form of "having uncompromising fun".

Random fact about yours truly: I first came to these forums to inquire precisely about a certain recurring griefing problem at that time. 3 years later and still "KLei: Look, no hands, no hands on this steering wheel!" :anonymous:

17 hours ago, Well-met said:

the real question is why doesnt the postern have a 12x12 zone where nothing is buildable or plantable

it's long overdue.

The wormhole does has a similar feature to this : when you jump form the otherside to the area with tentacles ,all the tentacle will disappear ( the range is 6x6 zone ).It also work in single version too.

: 20200415234551_1.jpg.557cd3df0538fddde8f8433ba1404f3b.jpg20200415234647_1.jpg.54cd769a558e85b7cd819b1178fe2508.jpg20200415234748_1.jpg.0d2aa745140b1e64e6e95d4fdb01a41d.jpg

Archived