Webber rework needed

i think that they should rework Webber to make him sleep in spider nests and gain sanity and health and other fun stuff to add to him to make him better

Also i think they should rework Wilson even though he is a simple character to give people something to do with him like that relates to science

i would love to hear your replies and please tell me your views

I agree with this as webber is my favourite character also being friends with spiders is an advantage but they need to expand more on this and i think they have a lot to do with every character as well not just webber. You could maybe change the topic name.

Just now, Thebeast626 said:

being friends with spiders is an advantage

Unless it's shatter spider or boarilla. Webber might need a red screen shift when he comes in proximity with enemy spiders. Similar to Abigail's health screen when flower petals pop onto the screen.

should have more late game viability and things just outside of spiders because they don't kill bosses very well because most have aoe and they can't chop or mine and Wendy is now very good killing spiders

what if spiders harvest grass and twigs that sorta brings their perks from the gorge to the main game and sets apart spider minions from other minions judging by their grass examine "We should be able to weave this too" (or something like that) it may make sense

this would make them pair well with other players better because everyone can use grass and twigs

Maybe some other changes would be maybe being able to make domestic spider nests, they would have bits of structure in the nest itself like if Webber built onto it. Spiders that come out of it would have oddly placed collars and wouldn't drain sanity or attack players naturally the nests wouldn't turn into a queen so Webber can better intermingle with the other survivors.

also if they could get some small sanity or health bonuses from monster jerky (like +5,+5) that would be great

also did Klei say something of suggestions?

burning silk sounds good too

I'd like it if Webber fully embraced his spider side with his refresh, losing sanity in the day (inspired by how spiders cower in sunlight), losing no sanity at night/dusk, being able to sleep in spider dens, something to do with spider queens, more silk crafts like:

• A small silky egg sack/pod that acts like a portable chest that can be placed and picked up, but doesn't preserve food indefinitely like the bundling wrap, and you can only carry one at a time?

• Specialized craftable spider turf to slow anything that walks on it (except other players, for anti-griefing reasons), possibly as a hound defense?

• A silky web trap that catches any bugs/flying creatures that fly into it, could be used as a mosquito net, or for trapping batilisks for a little bit. (Maybe save this one for in case they add any new hostile bug types.)

• Idea inspired by @minespatch, a spider sense-like passive that displays a HUD animation at the direction of nearby hostile mobs, like pigs, hounds, bosses, etc. (For those times where you can't tell where Deerclops is coming from, for example.)

• I wanted to suggest night vision, but I believe that would be a little game breaking, maybe if it was like a torch radius around him that could allow him to preform actions in the dark at the cost of massive sanity drain? Dunno.

• This might be a little different, but what if his craftable spider dens were slightly reworked to spawn those baby spiders from the Forge? They could be improved and strengthened through days + feeding them, and would have more combat utility than regular befriended spiders. Perhaps they could be taught to spit in similar fashion to the spitters, or fight like more aggressive spider warriors that bite multiple times, and perhaps they could even inflict poison? These spiders could be permanently loyal to Webber players until they die, or starve, and wouldn't attack other players or drain their sanity. * (This is my favorite idea)

(and maybe these baby spiders could have different designs, like how pipspooks have different tufts of hair?)

image.png.2afe394d93703bea0166c4cdbaef8825.png

2 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

This might be a little different, but what if his craftable spider dens were slightly reworked to spawn those baby spiders from the Forge? They could be improved and strengthened through days + feeding them, and would have more combat utility than regular befriended spiders. Perhaps they could be taught to spit in similar fashion to the spitters, or fight like more aggressive spider warriors that bite multiple times, and perhaps they could even inflict poison? These spiders could be permanently loyal to Webber players until they die, or starve, and wouldn't attack other players or drain their sanity. * (This is my favorite idea)

58003789b65b3_Arielshoujoweebie.png.a68c0181ffdf7001704102c4f1e7a9d1.pngYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

5b1f716a6ebb0_webberscareshisbabies.thumb.png.825c03b5e58d31ccee69b2d2472a682f.png

1 hour ago, Axelocke said:

I wanted to suggest night vision, but I believe that would be a little game breaking, maybe if it was like a torch radius around him that could allow him to preform actions in the dark at the cost of massive sanity drain? Dunno.

But *how* would it be game breaking? Nowadays, character perks are used to nullify *some* game mechanic. Willow pretty much nullifies insanity monsters and summer, Wortox nullifies health problems, Wormwood nullifies food problems, and so on.

I for one am all for Webber having night vision, I even suggested it in my own thread: the preview image scares me

916358896_DSTWebberNightvision.thumb.png.0ad064021a6c9e7d8b13b80975ca1984.png
Proposed Nightvision range, compared to a torch and lantern. Another option would be for it to be the size of a torch.

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Night vision would be great to have a up-ahead of Winona but Webber should be slower in the night. That way Charlie can still have balance against Webber if he can see her.

Maybe they could borrow the character animations from the sandstorm, to mimic a kid with his arms out in the dark!

Okay, something I noticed about these character updates and the reactions people have toward them is "I want new things but it's too easy". Devs should probably juggle with the antithesis of the new additions. This way we can get the new additions and equal frustrations at the same time without saying "CHARACTER IS OP".

Hence my explanation of Webber still being weak toward Charlie if he does get night vision and I definitely like Axelocke's idea.

27 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

Maybe they could borrow the character animations from the sandstorm, to mimic a kid with his arms out in the dark!

perfect

1 hour ago, Axelocke said:

This might be a little different, but what if his craftable spider dens were slightly reworked to spawn those baby spiders from the Forge? They could be improved and strengthened through days + feeding them, and would have more combat utility than regular befriended spiders. Perhaps they could be taught to spit in similar fashion to the spitters, or fight like more aggressive spider warriors that bite multiple times, and perhaps they could even inflict poison? These spiders could be permanently loyal to Webber players until they die, or starve, and wouldn't attack other players or drain their sanity. * (This is my favorite idea)

I was thinking similar and agree!

A webber rework would be awesome. I think having perks related to spider queens would be the best option. Maybe make them befriendable or maybe just maybe allow them to be tamed like beefalos. They would probably have to make beefalos angry at him for some insensitive to tame queens but it could be cool imagine having a summoner queen who spawns spiders over anything, maybe a battle one and who knows maybe even one that can harvest. Spider queens dont run and are slow normally so thats the main reason they probably wont become tameable

Also for night vision maybe make it a consumable item and it would be like moggles that would be very cool. I dont think klei would just flat out get rid of a game mechanic for a certain character. Imagine them making a character who doesnt need to eat.

Honestly I want webber to be able to learn to craft all the different spider dens they could even lock the shattered spiders behind the lunar science and also give webber the ability to call spiders out of the dens without tricks or violence. Also possibly a way to manually spawn spider queens.

Also as far as night vision goes cannonically both I believe both webber and wurt do have it but they use like to drive away Charlie tho moggles and woodie kinda debunk it a little bit. Something they could play around with is giving webber night vision but messing with his day time vision since spiders don't like light.

For example webber could have lantern vision range during daytime and full screen vision at night and even get a sanity drain during the day and have it removed at night it'd be a interesting to see.

Charlie's never been the hardest danger to avoid. Heck, the original character gimmick for willow was that she'd automatically start a fire to avoid charlie so they were immune, then it was replaced with a lighter that's so effortless to use there's no reason they'd ever get hit, and even now the lighter lasts several nights. I don't think a character being able to see in the dark and not die is ridiculous. I like the idea of it being balanced by being slower when it's turned on. edit: night vision as in moggles tier being able to see everything, rather than just replicating a heated thermal stone
Webber losing less sanity at night I don't agree with. He's the body of a spider, Mind of a child. And also a spider.

I mean you could have him get Charlie attacks during the day just don't call it Charlie say the light is damaging him and give him craftable versions of anti light items he would be a interesting contrast character where the light is bad and darkness is good tho I realise this would be very complicated to implement and balance as I could easily see the caves becoming webber's surface and vice versa

9 hours ago, Willywo said:

MAXWELL REWORK,

weber is ok to me, but maxwell?

low hp

regent sanity for what? i need low sanity for dark sword

puppet? digging, choping,maining and fightin? beargear / woody can do that

1- Maxwell's low hp is not really that big of an disavantage, guess why? Maxwell still requires the same amount of healing and armour as any other character, his disavantage only makes him a little bit harder to play.     2- I agree that his sanity regen is rather useless, but that doesn't make him a bad nightmare fuel farmer, actually, he's one of THE best nightmare fuel farmers, he can get permanently insane if you use 2 shadow duelists plus a shadow worker.                      3- Maxwell is actually faster than Woodie in almost every single situation, due to the fact that he can chop/mine, dig and collect materials at the same time, also, Bearger can only be used in two seasons and he eventually gets killed by treeguards, and it takes an entire in-game year for his respawn, making him a pretty bad log haverster compared to the dapper magician.                                Also, Weremoose is not even that good for long boss fights and he also can't heal himself, and anyone can be a tank with enough armour and healing anyways...                      I hope our little rather off-topic discussion ends here, it's a Webber rework thread after all.

but I only use weremoose, to kill spiders and frogs (for healing and food)

yeah you're right, maxwell is faster at gathering materials, wood, etc.

plus this world don starve, enemies are everywhere, not yet added rain and winter, I can't possibly wear football helmets all the time,

and the problem is, with 75 hit points, it's only hit twice by werepig, dead (if without armor)

Archived