Woodie Is GOD and this is not GOOD!

Honestly for farming large groups of small mobs like spiders or bees, abigail does a way better job, especially since her aoe range got buffed in wendy's rework which allows her to make basic spiders completely incapable of hitting her. I love triggering 3-4 spider nests at once and watch as abigail commences spider genocide, I get in with a dark sword to help with the warriors but that petal buff + dark sword makes killing the warriors hella quick.

Woodie is a jack of all trades character now, but is by no means a god. Other characters can perform certain tasks better then woodie and for cheaper, I'd rather use abigail and a hambat or dark sword to clear out spiders then waste tons of time as moose woodie repeatedly charging.

9 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Wickerbottom, Wx-78, Wolfgang AKA the characters that have little to no downsides that barely even matter and have an absurd amount of power.

For now Wolfgang is a god... but I Sincerely hope that Klei will play up on his Myriad Of Phobias he’s supposed to have that are currently completely absent from gameplay.

Look at the dude- He’s shown being a a Coward while Wendy & Wilson don’t even seem mildly amused by Maxwells display.

E04A9445-C2D9-4576-9ED9-386CF92CE66F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

For now Wolfgang is a god... but I Sincerely hope that Klei will play up on his Myriad Of Phobias he’s supposed to have that are currently completely absent from gameplay.

Look at the dude- He’s shown being a a Coward while Wendy & Wilson don’t even seem mildly amused by Maxwells display.

E04A9445-C2D9-4576-9ED9-386CF92CE66F.jpeg

Wolfgang should have some sort of cowardness in his rework.

Yeah- I was thinking the more enemies that are chasing him the less Mighty he would be.

So like for example- Wendy and Abigail do just fine in a horde of 50 Spiders..

But Wolfgang’s going to be too scared to be Almighty in that Situation.

• Developer
33 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Wigfrid/Wortox/Wurt sacrifice their huge diet for few powers but Woodie is great in human and wereforms both!

first off, don't put wigfrid in that list, wigfrid is a pretty awful character, secondly woodie in human form is literally just a basic character, which means human form for woodie is nothing special, and while his wereforms are good, they aren't passive purks, woodie has to activate them, also disabling some other capabilities he would normally have, when he's goose he can't fight/pick up items, when he's moose, he is slower, and also can't pick up items, ect. meaning that wereforms are good, but you can only be in one wereform, not all three so every single off of his states has a disadvantage of some sort(in human state his disadvantage is just being generic).

38 minutes ago, Slagger said:

And someone saying he is not god he is powerful. He can do everything great with no effor and live perfect life.

And so can every other character, in case you missed the memo, this game isn't hard.
The characters who are godlike are characters that have to put extraordinarily low effort into the game and still succeed, wolfgang, wicker, wx, wortox, ect. woodie does not fit into this category.

I love playing woodie, way before the update. People really had bias against him, like willow/wes have.
I'm so glad he is good now. It's super fun playing with different were forms.

I personaly don't like using werebeaver to break rocks, I think Max is better doing that

And the weremoose isn't that super great thing, even though it has 90% armor "for free" his dps isn't the gratest when you have a darksword or a "just crafted" hambat

Maybe raise the sanity penality of his transformations to balance a bit

Edit: What if Klei made boats a little bit better. Like less ocean rocks (there is a ton of them) or a little bit faster boats.
Then you would "nerf" woodie goose form without changing him

Almost all of his skins are boring ngl but I still love him

Spoiler

I use 2 idols to go moon island and back, boats are slow  : p

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

Also I think klei trying to make characters balanced with downsides and upsides. I really can't understand you guys.

What?? Playing more comfortable than other players is not good. It's cheat. A Maxwell will try to burn your home and you will get food from fridge and turn godzilla. You will destroy him and him shadow in few seconds.

Being powerful than all other characters don't mean he is a good character. It's mean he is god.

Here's the thing: your "god Woodie" funny diatribe perhaps could hold a candle in the hands of advanced players - the ones solo-ing DF day 3 with only but a HamBat. Yet you don't seem to grasp or care for bulk of player base - that huge majority of players dying from Night Grue, Starvation, Spiders, Chess pieces and other petty shenanigans even after hundreds of hours in DST; because you aren't facing separate threats, but multiple overlapping ones for whose overcoming one needs lot of practice in various circumstances. For them "Captain Canada" maybe brings more fun to the table and Survivability withal. Because DST needs "new blood" constantly in the hopes it can make them into fans if... fun is at its essence. And for that player-base bulk the characters are indeed balanced with downsides and upsides (funny you put downsides first). For them finishing with 0 Hunger a Woodie transformation is crucially taxing to the point of seeing quite the number of Woodie pub-ers kicking the bucket from starvation.

Game isn't and shouldn't be centered as balance goes around apex-advanced players' struggles, rhetorically doing so will rise bar even higher for a game generally perceived as difficult, with steep learning curve.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would agree with you, if Woodie suddenly got a new tweak with the next game update.. other than that- I see him being like Wendy’s Refresh has been.. Released, Observed by community, Suggestions for changes were made- Klei changes things based on feedback. They then move onto the next character in line.

But Wurt came out in October of 2019, I’ve been complaining about her not having any serious downsides and being absurdly OP since the day she released.. It is now halfway through April of 2020, and Klei has made no changes to Wurt to give her any real downsides.

My conclusion? They’re designing this game with its FUTURE already in Mind, so yeah maybe to Me Wurt has no real downsides... but I bet Klei’s playing around as we speak with new content, higher difficulties etc... that make Wurt and Woodie plenty challenging enough without needing any further Nerfs.

I mean to be fair a lot of less experienced players have a hard with her no meat diet, and boating which half her perk is locked behind. And while she does have really good followers it's very heavily offset by her numerous downsides like her building material not stacking and various other inconveniences compared to other characters

I really don't understand why people say Wigfrid is bad other than she's not Wolfgang i mean she's got a damage boost, damage reduction, heals both hp and sanity from combat, and to top it off she can craft a cheaper and better food ball helm dnf while you can easily replace it with better armor you the fact you can make so easily  makes it useful for other things to like armoring followers extremely cheaply to get more out of them for less effort.

Also on a side note I feel like a simple way give wolf gang a interesting side is to no longer tie his speed to hunger but sanity treating his fear and sanity as one as he becomes more afraid gets faster but also takes more damage as he abandons defenses in panic. Then as a deterrent to just keeping him at 0 sanity every 10-20 seconds at random intervals he's at less than 10% sanity near any mob/boss he'll freeze up and shiver in fear about as long as a form just takes on the other hand he'd get max speed around 20% sanity anywho that's my idea downside wise

17 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean to be fair a lot of less experienced players have a hard with her no meat diet, and boating which half her perk is locked behind. And while she does have really good followers it's very heavily offset by her numerous downsides like her building material not stacking and various other inconveniences compared to other characters

Thanks & while this is True..

the TL:DR of my post is that maybe to ME Wurt has no serious downsides, because currently.. Klei is Reworking Disease to be more of a challenge for Wurt finding Veggies.

(As far as I’m Aware.. they are not this is only being used as an example of how Klei Designs these characters.. with the games future in mind.)

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thanks & while this is True..

the TL:DR of my post is that maybe to ME Wurt has no serious downsides, because currently.. Klei is Reworking Disease to be more of a challenge for Wurt finding Veggies.

(As far as I’m Aware.. they are not this is only being used as an example of how Klei Designs these characters.. with the games future in mind.)

While I agree her downsides aren't super restrictive there isn't really anyone currently with a super restrictive downside aside from warly

I shouldn't speak about unreworked character but please tell me reason to play Wendy instead of Woodie (Except enjoying watching your sister gets killed by any entity)

-Wendy can farm mobs / Woodie can do it too (A bit slower). But let's be real, none of us farming one creature. We full our pocket with meat and stock it. So farming is not necessary all the time.

-Woodie have slower farming mechanic but it's works too. Also he can collect pretty fast. Also he can travel all the world and ruin map in seconds. Also he can find tons of stonefruit early and get off from berryfarms. Also he can chop fast with human form. Also he don't have attack downside. Also also also? 

Just now, Slagger said:

I shouldn't speak about unreworked character but please tell me reason to play Wendy instead of Woodie (Except enjoying watching your sister gets killed by any entity)

Just a little nitpick, but Wendy has already been reworked.

Just now, Lammarr said:

Just a little nitpick, but Wendy has already been reworked.

Her rework focused on sister. Now Wendy is best of farmer but really how much you need monster meat. I ussualy collecting 10-15 of them and dry them. She can't kill even bunch of beefaloos. I don't saying Wendy is bad, she is great and I think she had best update. I'm saying Woodie is strong. He have little from everything and nothing from bad things. He should be a little weaker without touching him gameplay. Just one of my ideas may work or another idea.

Just now, Slagger said:

Her rework focused on sister. Now Wendy is best of farmer but really how much you need monster meat. I ussualy collecting 10-15 of them and dry them. She can't kill even bunch of beefaloos. I don't saying Wendy is bad, she is great and I think she had best update. I'm saying Woodie is strong. He have little from everything and nothing from bad things. He should be a little weaker without touching him gameplay. Just one of my ideas may work or another idea.

Actually, Abigail got a rather recent buff that makes her give some type of debuff to enemies, which completly removes Wendy's lower damage disavantage iirc, so Wendy doesn't have a lot of downsides either, kinda boring compared to her previous buff related to Wendy's health, but she wasn't supposed to be a high risk/high reward character, i guess.

5 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Now Wendy is best of farmer but really how much you need monster meat. I ussualy collecting 10-15 of them and dry them.

Depends on how many people there are on the server and how competent they are after autumn ends. But, on the other hand, if you're playing alone you don't even need to kill any monster for food since berries, ice, cactus, stone fruits are a thing. 15 meat inside an icebox on a public server with 10 people won't last 2 days.

Wendy is a nice character if you don't want to do the dirty work, Woodie has to do it no matter what just like any other character unless you recruit a few followers.

Just now, Sweaper said:

Depends on how many people there are on the server and how competent they are after autumn ends. But, on the other hand, if you're playing alone you don't even need to kill any monster for food since berries, ice, cactus, stone fruits are a thing. 15 meat inside an icebox on a public server with 10 people won't last 2 days.

Wendy is a nice character if you don't want to do the dirty work, Woodie has to do it no matter what just like any other character unless you recruit a few followers.

I'm playing alone usually.Yeah you might be right but still thinking a Moose and a guy collecting drops would be smart too! After that moose turn goose to locazite berries and turn beaver to get stones/woods.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

undying light

I get to much risk bc making fantasies with my sister (surviving without torch) and died one time bc of this power. I believed she will be near me and keep me alive but she is keep moving... Torch/Fires/Lanterns are one hundred time better and easy way to guarantee ur life.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

I see lots of Woodies die

They must be really bad. They should cook anything before they turn. You will say "What if we forget". It's not problem too. Find anything like seeds, berries and keeps you alive to home. It's really not so hard to handling his hunger issues...

It’s not about being bad- it’s about being accessible.

For a new player just picking up the game for the first time EVER and having learnt very little if anything in your first few hours playing.. Woodies faster sanity drain & full on Starvation upon exiting a Werecurse (Which you obviously will experience by complete accident by force on a full moon or by crafting and wondering what it does..) Those downsides are enough to make life playing as Woodie a living hell for a newer player. 

You can even say that Chopping down tree’s and having a 50/50% chance of spawning what to a new player would be considered a Terrifying Tree Monster... as a Downside.

If your good at playing as Woodie then his downsides will be a non-issue for you, but If your one of these newer players who randomly go Goose your gonna freak the Eff out.

When Woodie’s Refresh first came out I guess you can say I was even somewhat of a total jerk, because I would consume Goose idol and chase people around the map... it was NEW and something they weren’t expecting Woodie to do.

So I had this little kid screaming into his headset “Ahhhh there’s a goose chasing me, what does it want...?!”

I was too busy laughing my butt off to take the game seriously.. but I guess thinking back on it, maybe I wasn’t very nice? -shrugs-

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s not about being bad- it’s about being accessible.

For a new player just picking up the game for the first time EVER and having learnt very little if anything in your first few hours playing.. Woodies faster sanity drain & full on Starvation upon exiting a Werecurse (Which you obviously will experience by complete accident by force on a full moon or by crafting and wondering what it does..) Those downsides are enough to make life playing as Woodie a living hell for a newer player. 

You can even say that Chopping down tree’s and having a 50/50% chance of spawning what to a new player would be considered a Terrifying Tree Monster... as a Downside.

If your good at playing as Woodie then his downsides will be a non-issue for you, but If your one of these newer players who randomly go Goose your gonna freak the Eff out.

When Woodie’s Refresh first came out I guess you can say I was even somewhat of a total jerk, because I would consume Goose idol and chase people around the map... it was NEW and something they weren’t expecting Woodie to do.

So I had this little kid screaming into his headset “Ahhhh there’s a goose chasing me, what does it want...?!”

I was too busy laughing my butt off to take the game seriously.. but I guess thinking back on it, maybe I wasn’t very nice? -shrugs-

i was new too when abigail wants to kill wendy in early days and i learned how to manage. This kind of deaths makes the game hilarious for a begginer unless its a rat kid who get frustrated because only wants to win

To be honest, Woodie is very situational at best considering his kit.

• Were-Moose cannot heal in any fashion, nor does his charge keep him from getting hit in the process from things like beefalo. Furthermore, his attacks are less powerful than that of a darksword and he moves a bit slower as well. He is definitely meant to be used for things like clearing killer beehives, splumonkeys, hounds, and spiders in very situational circumstances. 
  • Were-beaver is only good for mining, hammering, and chopping trees down / uprooting them, with his best trait being that this form never spawns treeguards. However, as with any were-form you can really only use them for one appointed task such as clearing an area of trees or mining some boulders as you can't simply pop into a form whenever you want to hammer something since it hurts your sanity, health, and completely drains your hunger. Not to mention that whenever you are not doing the task associated with that form, you will quickly come out of it as the meter drains much faster.
  • Were-Goose is useful only for long treks and/or finding the Lunar Biome, beyond that, it's literal original purpose is to provide transportation and it serves nearly no other use. With a base near wormholes, sinkholes, or even right smack in the middle near everything you would need, you will never really use this form after you both made it to the island and mapped out the constant.
  • Monster meat only lasts 6 days (12 I believe, with an insulation pack) so you have to both go out of your way to get them, and to use them for a purpose you already know about (such as a moose totem for the Deerclops, or a beaver totem to clear a grove) with some careful planning.

Personally, I like to think that someone like Warly would be more annoying considering his spices and exclusive dishes. Maxwell needs a rework, and is on the chopping block anyways so I'm not too concerned about people over-shadowing him (little pun there), and I'm actually kinda glad that Woodie got to take some of his identity back as the dedicated lumberjack/worker tbh.

Archived