I cannot hit the moose goose.

I was playing dst, but a bug striked me. I tried to fight the moose goose: it made the hit animation, but the moose goose did not take any damage / did not made the animation of a boss getting hit. I have no mods, I am the host and my internet connexion / computer are both stable. I am not the only one experiencing this, other people have posted this. Klei, please fix this bug as quickly as possible, having a cool boss that cannot be fight is really frustrating and I lost a world because of that.

Don’t know if it’s related to this or not but last night my Chopping Animation broke as Wendy while chopping a tree, like she would just stand there and you would hear Chopping sounds but.. the “Chop” Animation wasn’t happening.

I didn’t bother to report it as a Bug because the tree still broke and gave resources after the Chopping sounds ended.. I wish I had Recorded it... this would be almost what Wes Miming that he’s Chopping Wood would’ve been like.

Same at my end, encountered this bug-or-whatever multiple times with-or-without lag compensation.

Seems it occurs most of times when M/G does the jump close to you while you try to kite - your character displays the hitting animation but Moma G/M "isn't impressed" - aka takes no damage and shows no hit animation; is like you are smacking air.

@chenais Moose-Goose has to be the worst case but it actually will happen occasionally with other fights as well. She was the reason I first trying turning lag compensation off, and I haven’t turned it back on since. It feels a little weird at first if you’re used to it on, but it makes combat so much smoother. And you know... Moose-Goose hit-able :p

Y'all know that thing, that's a shame cause Moose/Goose is the only mob that make it happen due to her movements messing with the server.

If you want to make sure to hit it 100%, you have to wait for the jump animation to end, attack right after she's standing and you should never miss a hit again, only problem is that you're loosing some precious time.

But if you have a lot of speed from fighting using the Walking Cane, Magiluminescence and roads you should be capable of kitting them and returning in range to fight without taking damage and cancel her movements, so you completely delete the issue, that's how I deal with it and it works good.

21 hours ago, chenais said:

I was playing dst, but a bug striked me. I tried to fight the moose goose: it made the hit animation, but the moose goose did not take any damage / did not made the animation of a boss getting hit. I have no mods, I am the host and my internet connexion / computer are both stable. I am not the only one experiencing this, other people have posted this. Klei, please fix this bug as quickly as possible, having a cool boss that cannot be fight is really frustrating and I lost a world because of that.

My friend and I have the same problem. I was the host. I was playing with a friend. When deerclops come, my friend complained about this problem. We couldn't play together normally. We decided to test this problem. It seems that this problem occurs with any bosses or with a crowd. My friend has a ping of ~100. We tried to switch. My friend became a host. Now I have this problem. I don't know how to fix this problem. And I can't understand why this problem appears. This has never happened to me before. Maybe a recent update broke something?

2 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Hi. We have a potential fix for this but we are still testing it as there is a high risk it will introduce new issues. If all goes well, it will be in our next content update's beta.

*cheering moose noises*

17 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

*cheering moose noises*

Wait content update beta? Does that mean that PC is about to get beta build for the next update? It would make sense- that they get to test and perfect update before it’s released to Xbox One & PS4 but we aren’t even out of March yet.. isn’t it a bit too early? Eitherway I’m excited! 

-joins @__IvoCZE__ in making cheering noises but the only noise I manage to recreate is Abigail falling off cliff in Wendys Animated short-

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait content update beta? Does that mean that PC is about to get beta build for the next update?

Sorry, I didn't mean to stir up hype for the next content update. I only meant to ensure everyone that it is being worked on and that it needs to go through a beta before going live.

Archived