So the Wendy rework was released less than half an hour ago. And with it comes some new lore opportunities. 

Starting with the image

Spoiler

wendypostart_sm.thumb.png.6549ed8797696c9ad71b2daa03f0d6f8.thumb.png.02d235734a4f862ea2b7b5d613c2a3eb.png

The three main things I notice are the Diary, the Poster, and the Photo, all of which raise interesting questions.

For the diary: Why is there an asterisk on the date? Why are there daisies next to Abigail's Flower? April 16th is a Thursday (Klei's update days), will we get something new then? What is the music that Wendy is hearing? Is it from a voxola? Is it Ragtime? Is this the work of Maxwell? Is this part of how Wendy got to the constant?

For the poster: Who is Professor Mourire? Does his first name start with W? Is he at all plot relevant?

For the photo: Why is it ripped? Is there anyone plot relevant who got cut out? Why does the lady on the far right slightly resemble Willow?

Finally, in the short, how can ghost Abigail exist in the real world?

Just now, Warlockadamm said:

"Mourire" means dying in french btw just saying

French? Well he does kinda have the Wolfgang 'stache and Wolfgang is french. Maybe they're related. Maybe it has something to do with Wes, because, as we all know, all French people know each other.

I guess my theory is "almost true"? there's a leaflet with these people who can supposedly contact "spirits" maybe she went to uncle maxwell who knew dark magic at the time? to try and bring her sister back? most survivors were given false promises and that's how they arrived into the constant 

She might have found out what a seance was from Maxwell, but all of the items are on a white desk like the new dresser skin, indicating this is her bedroom, which probably means this was largely her own investigation. The ripped page i imagine most likey just comes from the book next to it and has no bearing on important figures other than giving Wendy the idea that this exists. Then we have the poster of the crackpot seance guy who obviously doesnt look very qualified to be meddling with the spirit world and most likely bungled up the ritual.  

I actually did a small analisis from that photo :0 This is what i gathered so far

1) the song was almost certainly ragtime
2) The diary dates to 1914, and considering the radios were only built in 1919 max couldnt have lured her through it
3) That image only further proves how wendy always had an affinity with the supernatural, as she could hear ragtime during her dreams
4) She thought it was abigail trying to communicate with her, so as of now I strongly believe that upon starting a seance, it was then that the portal appeared and she was pulled in by shadows

- Resuming a lot, but, it is said by spirituals that whenever you try to talk with a spirit, doors to outerworlds might open. The song was certainly a trap, and wendy saly fell for it :'/-

5) If thats true, that also proves how max didnt know she was there on the first place
6) Assuming she was brought in around the time of the short (1914) and that wilson, the last survivor, was in 1921 that also means jack has been a wholeton of 10 years without his two daughters and brother, who disappeared myteriously

I also found interesting how the guy on poster has a name that starts with 'M'. It may mean an antagonist role is attached to it (just like maxwell was in the og game) or that he was max himself gdlçfç tho i think the latter is less probable

3 minutes ago, 7Meias said:

4) She thought it was abigail trying to communicate with her, so as of now I strongly believe that upon starting a seance, it was then that the portal appeared and she was pulled in by shadows

Like Mister Howdy from the Exorcist?

5 minutes ago, 7Meias said:

Also important to note is that since Abigail and Wendy can clearly communicate in the constant while they could not in the real world there is maybe indication that the seance DID work before the shadows pulled them both in

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Like Mister Howdy from the Exorcist?

I havent watched that movie dslsjgçsd so i cant know for sure

2 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Also important to note is that since Abigail and Wendy can clearly communicate in the constant while they could not in the real world there is maybe indication that the seance DID work before the shadows pulled them both in

Thats a very good call!! That explains how someone who died outside the constant was able to materialize itself inside

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Why are there daisies next to Abigail's Flower?

Apparently, daisies symbolize purity, innocence and loyal love.

Also at first glance I thought it was an actual pressed flower, and not a drawing. You know, something dead forever preserved as a dried-up husk, but still closely resembling its former self...

4 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

Apparently, daisies symbolize purity, innocence and loyal love.

Also at first glance I thought it was an actual pressed flower, and not a drawing. You know, something dead forever preserved as a dried-up husk, but still closely resembling its former self...

yes i think both flowers on that page are real flowers and not drawings, you can see they have faint shadows behind them

In the short Abigail gives Wendy "Abigails flower" after jumping in the flowers, so while they clearly were kind of opposites in terms of personality they both shared a love of flowers

Looks like Lovecraftian tragedy runs in the family. Wendy's pursuit of dark magic in order to talk to her dead sister is basically Maxwell's fall with sort of a Fullmetal Alchemist twist.

3 minutes ago, axxel said:

On April 17th 1906 Charly paid a visit at Maxwell's flat. Coincidence? Maybe it's a hint that timetravel is possible with the Codex Umbra.

Are you referring to the Maxwell puzzle where Charlie, prior to the April 18th 1906 San Francisco Earthquake event, visited Maxwell and expressed concern about all the cryptic symbols on his walls?

I guess I'm a bit confused as to how time travel is involved here.

6 minutes ago, axxel said:

On April 17th 1906 Charly paid a visit at Maxwell's flat. Coincidence? Maybe it's a hint that timetravel is possible with the Codex Umbra.

yeah i dont see timetravel being a thing 

Archived