Should planting flowers give sanity?

Should players gain sanity from planting flowers?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should the act of planting flowers via butterflies reward sanity for "gardening"?

• Yeah, it'd make more sense than killing the flowers/other reasons
    • No, it may make it too easy to gain sanity/other reasons

4 minutes ago, GentleWilson said:

Butterflies are flying flowers according to Maxwell. So you'll probably just turn them into regular flowers.

Well, butterflies do have souls and flowers don't sooooo..., yeah, it's technically murder.

Eh, just feels unnecessary to me, I wouldn't want any more ways to get really small amounts of sanity when there are already many many many ways to get larger, more palatable amounts of sanity. Maybe just wormwood (if he doesn't already) since it's thematic, but it just doesn't really seem important for the survival of a player.

it would be way to overpowered.. but flowers can give sanity in a way, if you place a ton of them in one place and then die to haunt them, then revive yourself.. you will have evil flowers, yeah they have a massive insanity aura, but that could be turned into a massive sanity aura with the bee queen crown

2 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

it would be way to overpowered

Considering that you can do this...

2 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

but flowers can give sanity in a way, if you place a ton of them in one place and then die to haunt them, then revive yourself.. you will have evil flowers, yeah they have a massive insanity aura, but that could be turned into a massive sanity aura with the bee queen crown

...I wouldn't consider planting flowers to gain sanity to be overpowered. An (in)sanity station like this can be used pretty much forever, vs planting flowers is gonna keep burning time and resources.

You'll probably need large amounts of butterflies to "farm" sanity, which require things like silk and stuff and to actually catch the butterflies, so i think if you have the matirials to get to this point, you could probably be fine with sanity anyway, and it does make sense. It could replace the mechanics of picking up flowers for sanity to make it less powerful.

Archived