Why are these characters from solo DS missing in DST

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can’t talk about why Single Player characters aren’t in DST and NOT also have to end up talking about why DST doesn’t have DLC compatibility.

I don’t talk about Hamlet because IT DOES NOT EXIST Outside of PC, Period.. That will change someday hopefully.. but for now, I obviously can’t talk about something I haven’t played.

Having Said that- Both SW & Hamlet SHOULD be compatible with DST. 

Now to keep this on topic of why the Single Player characters aren’t in DST, they are from PAID DLC Expansion packs.. and unless Klei suddenly wants to add them all into the game for free, like they did with Warly but they did not do with Wormwood.. Then the largest reason they are NOT in the game is because of a few things.

1- Most of you seem to want brand new characters instead of giving the ones who already have a fanbase of people who actually want to play as them the joy of being able to play as them.

(this could possibly be due to existing Mods that let you play as them so therefore you prefer completely brand new ones so you get the best of both worlds) But I can’t say that for certain..

2- People paid Extra MONEY to play as Warly, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wormwood, Wilba, & Wheeler so for them to all be added to DST for FREE would make those of us who paid $$ for expansions feel slightly shafted.

3- According to some of you guys they would all need massive Multiplayer rebalancing and retooling therefore would end up being far too much trouble then they are actually worth.

———————————————

What I CAN say for absolute certain is that the World Of Hamlet and Shipwrecked are BOTH connected to the world of DST- If it wasn’t, Warly wouldn’t have crashed a ship into DST, and Wormwood wouldn’t have been born in a forest in Hamlet yet somehow wandered himself into DST.

So the Theory that they wouldn’t fit DST’s Climate just doesn’t fit.. they got there SOMEHOW didn’t they?

The Biggest Reason People DONT Want DLC compatibility- Both for the Playable Characters and the DLC Biomes is because I guess they feel like it would take too much development time away from Klei creating completely brand new things.

Meanwhile- I just want to be able to play with the content I already paid money for.. be that Walani or Shipwrecked Poisonous Snakes & Spiders, without having to play Single Player Don’t Starve & potentially miss out on any exclusive limited time DST Curio unlocks or neglecting playing with a friend or two in the Process.

So in one of your statements you imply that climate travels with its character into DST.

So does this mean that a tropical region like the Philippines should have winter snowfall just because people from America or Canada can travel here?

Or that America and Canada should have no winter and instead have hurricanes because ppl from the Philippines can travel there?

It was never stated that DLC characters (and not content) do not fit DST's climate. Sure, they come from lands far away from DST, but these lands are clearly extremely far away from DST in their own climate regions.

Anyways, it is extremely possible to talk about DLC characters not being included without mentioning DLC compatibility. This is because:

- DLC compatibility and character additions are two separate ecents which may not have to occur together.

- There are a myriad of meaningful reasons why they should or shouldn't be added which all do not involve adding accompanying DLC content.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can’t talk about why Single Player characters aren’t in DST and NOT also have to end up talking about why DST doesn’t have DLC compatibility.

Yes you can.

This is getting slightly off-topic mike.

15 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Yes you can.

This is getting slightly off-topic mike.

How? Should everyone be given characters I paid money for for Free??

Or should the game somehow be able to notice that I bought Shipwrecked and grant me the Shipwrecked Playable Characters in my game?

Single Player Characters= DLC Compatibility.

How MUCH DLC Compatibility is obviously Subject to Debate- But the whole Point is If your on PC and you own DS Single Player or DS Shipwrecked or DS Hamlet.. You are Awarded a Torch Skin for owning DS Single, A Birdcage Skin for owning DS Shipwrecked, and Wormwood as a playable Character If you already own Hamlet.

(If your on Console you don’t get those cool skins yet but maybe someday they’ll fix that)

DLC COMPATIBILITY. I believe I rest my case here.

46 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Or should the game somehow be able to notice that I bought Shipwrecked and grant me the Shipwrecked Playable Characters in my game?

How MUCH DLC Compatibility is obviously Subject to Debate- But the whole Point is If your on PC and you own DS Single Player or DS Shipwrecked or DS Hamlet.. You are Awarded a Torch Skin for owning DS Single, A Birdcage Skin for owning DS Shipwrecked, and Wormwood as a playable Character If you already own Hamlet.

(If your on Console you don’t get those cool skins yet but maybe someday they’ll fix that)

dude, you know what you paid for, i dont see why should klei give stuff for free when they have already given you a cheap dlc. Its like you go to burger king and ask for free chips because last year you bought a hamburger

54 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why should Singleplayer characters = DLC compatibility when:

- Warly getting added did not include any other SW content?

- Wormwood getting added did not include any other Hamlet content?

In short, Singleplayer characters do not necessitate the addition of DLC content in any conceivable way.

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

dude, you know what you paid for, i dont see why should klei give stuff for free when they have already given you a cheap dlc. Its like you go to burger king and ask for free chips because last year you bought a hamburger

Uhh I think you lost me somewhere.

Shipwrecked DLC Playable Characters are Warly, Walani, Wilbur and Woodlegs.

Hamlet DLC Playable Characters are Wormwood, Wilba & Wheeler.

They gave you Warly in DST for FREE rather you did or did not buy the Shipwrecked DLC pack.

They also gave you Wormwood for FREE if you purchased the Hamlet DLC pack.

So I am Legitimately Confused by your Hamburger and Chips Analogy.

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Why should Singleplayer characters = DLC compatibility when:

- Warly getting added did not include any other SW content?

- Wormwood getting added did not include any other Hamlet content?

In short, Singleplayer characters do not necessitate the addition of DLC content in any conceivable way.

I think you also lost me- 

How much Compatibility the DLC has is highly subject to Debate.

What I meant is that the DLC should be compatible in Knowing that I purchased them and granting me free access to the DLC Related Playable Characters, where as someone who Does NOT own the DLC would have to pay for or weave then with spool. As for FULL DLC Compatibility- that’s not and never has been what I am asking for. 

But I think if the game can register that you own Hamlet and give you Wormwood for Free for having bought Hamlet, the game can also notice that you bought Shipwrecked and give you Walani for having bought Shipwrecked.

I ALSO think that instead of adding Shipwrecked and Hamlet inspired content into DST to Everyone for FREE that said content should be exclusively part of its respective DLC.

Which means- Hamlet houses would be locked behind having to own.. or be in a session with a host who owns Hamlet.

Now before you instantly jump to Pay to Win- Keep in mind that If your not playing in a Ham Compatible Session that you don’t have Access to Ham features- Which means With or Without it.. your game sessions will always remain fair.

That makes A LOT More sense to me then just throwing SW+Ham Characters or Content into DST and giving it away for free.

You talk a lot about what will and what won’t kill DLC sales- Giving DLC related Stuff out for Free is a good one that might.

Its less of full-on 100% complete DLC support and more of an “Oh Hey we see you Own SW so here’s Warly, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, A cool Birdcage Skin and Limited SW Biomes in the form of their own little island areas within your game for you to enjoy!

You say that Shipwrecked Biomes would clash with DST.. and I don’t see how that’s possible, especially when the very existence of Lunar Island proves that it’s completely possible for a Island to have its own unique gimmick to it separate from the main land.

My Pipeline dream of what DST will be when it is “complete” is a world where I can build a boat and sail to many different world locations or (Island Biomes) If you will, Each Island has its own set of Biomes and Weather effects that are unique to THAT particular set of islands. 

Such as Lunar Isle and it’s biomes, having Lunacy and no Insanity drain.

A set of multiple different Islands with progressively harder Biomes.

It IS 100% Completely Doable.. and even Would fit into DST perfectly without clashing with Any already existing Content... the thing is I can not seem to find the right words to express exactly how it would work.

——————————

But the TL:DR- If you Own Shipwrecked you should have Access to Shipwrecked Playable Characters, If you Own Hamlet you should have Access to Hamlet Playable Characters. If you own Both you should have Access to all of them.

——————————

31 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

Don't know about you guy, but i'm willing to pay for my Wilbur arrival ticket (i do own SW and H), and i think many will do the same for there fav char to come to DST.

Yeah I would be willing to pay extra cash for them, BUT that’s not been the case, Klei has instead added Warly for Free.. rather you did or did not own Shipwrecked DLC.

Meanwhile- Hamlet Character Wormwood was only Free if you had purchased Ham.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

What I meant is that the DLC should be compatible in Knowing that I purchased them and granting me free access to the DLC Related Playable Characters, where as someone who Does NOT own the DLC would have to pay for or weave then with spool. As for FULL DLC Compatibility- that’s not and never has been what I am asking for. 

You say that and also state:

My Pipeline dream of what DST will be when it is “complete” is a world where I can build a boat and sail to many different world locations or (Island Biomes) If you will, Each Island has its own set of Biomes and Weather effects that are unique to THAT particular set of islands. 

and this, most especially:

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Having Said that- Both SW & Hamlet SHOULD be compatible with DST. 

and this statement:

On 3/5/2020 at 7:30 AM, Mike23Ua said:

TL:DR it’s not DST+Shipwrecked it’s Shipwrecked Compatibility so I guess a more fitting name would be Shipwrecked: Together!

and this one too:

It IS 100% Completely Doable.. and even Would fit into DST perfectly without clashing with Any already existing Content... the thing is I can not seem to find the right words to express exactly how it would work.

Furthermore, you continue to provide the same arguments over and over again as if repetition will suddenly prove your points.

Such as Lunar Isle and it’s biomes, having Lunacy and no Insanity drain.

A set of multiple different Islands with progressively harder Biomes.

The Lunar Biomes are still subject to the temperate conditions of DST's constant. Evidence being Moonrock Pengulls - winter creatures - thriving in the islands. They're designed to fit the environment unlike DLC content.

And that is why your pipe dream will forever remain a pipe dream: DLC content does not fit the setting, environmental design or economic plans for DST.

Back on topic: are unimplemented characters fair game for discussion here? I would love to talk about Waverly and Wallace ideas. After all, most of them were conceptualized in solo DS.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

... Meanwhile- Hamlet Character Wormwood was only Free if you had purchased Ham.

Maybe Klei a little bit short on finance, or just need some quick cash for new project, or maybe it's their business strategy like i said up there somewhere (about game online model: free char-sell skin stuff)  they give you free char so they can sell skin (like Warly)  and then they just realize that they can sell the char (but free if you have DLC) and also sell skin too and go for it (like Wormwood). Maybe next time they will push it further something like own DLC or not still pay for the char and the skin.

P/s: Man, you two ( @Mike23Ua & @GetNerfedOn ) intend to quote each other until the end of time?

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Uhh I think you lost me somewhere.

Shipwrecked DLC Playable Characters are Warly, Walani, Wilbur and Woodlegs.

Hamlet DLC Playable Characters are Wormwood, Wilba & Wheeler.

They gave you Warly in DST for FREE rather you did or did not buy the Shipwrecked DLC pack.

They also gave you Wormwood for FREE if you purchased the Hamlet DLC pack.

So I am Legitimately Confused by your Hamburger and Chips Analogy.

Exactly, they give you free stuff and you ask for more just because you paid for a dlc of an indie game time ago. And, even when they dont give it for free you can unlock it by spools.

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Exactly, they give you free stuff and you ask for more just because you paid for a dlc of an indie game time ago. And, even when they dont give it for free you can unlock it by spools.

Your seriously confusing me bro.

I said people paid money to play as Warly, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba & Wormwood by buying their respective dlc pack in the Original DS Game. They were not given to you free, you had to actually buy the DLC they come from to gain access to playing as those Characters

Now With Don’t Starve Together- That May be a different story.. because they’ve already given away Warly for Free, and Wormwood is Free too if you own Hamlet. (Which puts Wormwood into that category of Buying the DLC or weaving with Spool to Unlock)

According to SOME of you guys Wigfrid and Webber were Also part of a Paid DLC Expansion pack that you had to purchase separately with the original Don’t Starve game- but for Me I have ALWAYS been able to play as Wigfrid & Webber from the very start.

So it’s like they took that DLC Expansion pack some people paid money to play and later added that to the game as Core Gameplay Content.

This COULD End up becoming the same case here with Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, and Wilba. 

But Wormwood being paid content contradicts that whole statement. Which makes me question When/IF the above mentioned characters are added into the game will they become a Core part of DST content like with Wigfrid and Webber’s DLC add on?

Or Will they all be like Wormwood- Where you are given them for FREE but only if you own the DLC pack they come from?

Ultimately there are so many questions here and absolutely none of us have the answers to them- The only people who can possibly answer those questions is Klei. :( 

Im going to restate what I've said in a previous thread, since I think it's on-topic, both on the OP and for the current ****storm.

Id love for Klei to add DLC "Character Packs", which cost a LOT of spools since they'll contain 2 characters and skins for them. Alternatively, you can buy them ofc. Maybe 12 bucks?

"Shipwrecked Character Pack" - Contains Walani and Wilbur, possibly along with skins themed around SW items.
"Hamlet Character Pack" - Contains Wilba and Wheeler, possibly along with skins themed around Hamlet items.

If Klei wants to be generous (prob. will), they can have owners of the respective Singleplayer DLC own the respective Character Pack as well.

The only real problem with this is that each character pack has one character that essentially requires a rework, and another that at least calls for basic tweaks. This breaks the "reworked characters are free" chain that Warly started.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I said people paid money to play as Warly, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba & Wormwood by buying their respective dlc pack in the Original DS Game.

No, you bought the dlc and got the characters as extra. They are the equivelent of being given the cutlery to eat your meal with. While the characters are neat and interesting, you paid for the world of SW or Hamlet, not for any specific character. You seem to want to perpetuate this point so that can make the idea of the payment of a dlc=the need of more characters so that you can make a argument of them being what you paid for, which is generally untrue. Just because you bought a dlc a few tears ago doesn't entitle you to any of the content of the previous game in the sequel.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So it’s like they took that DLC Expansion pack some people paid money to play and later added that to the game as Core Gameplay Content

Nope. What ypu bpught was most likely the giant edition or the mega pack, both of which already have RoG from the offset which would explain its higher price compared to the bare bones version and shows how you would have never noticed you couldn't use them. If you buy a copy stright off the digital line at steam, no dlc or anything, you would see that none of RoGs content is no there because it is in the dlc. If tpu are talking about DST, then sorry champ but that also doesn't work since it is also at a higher price, which account fpe the new content and RoGs content so that theu get paid more for their work. You still paid for the dlc even if you didn't notice it and still got all the perks of having the dlc because you, you alone, paid for it.

You seem to really want content that is not in the game, which is in of itaelf is fine, but your desire to have the 2 games have almost all of the same content, and damn anyone who tries to argue why ot shouldn't, is not fair to anyone else bit yourself. You seem to want the game to be twisted into what you want the game to be, suitable for you and nobody else. While it is nice to see someone so vocal stand up for the equality of the ports, I think you it would literly save all us migrane and headaches if ypu just went over the pc and used mods where you can tailor your game for yourself and maybe friends. It would literally be easier then to b***h and moan until you get what you want, destroying innocent threads like this until you do.

13 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

It would literally be easier then to b***h and moan until you get what you want, destroying innocent threads like this until you do.

That was honest but like that wasn't nice, like at all.

Like way too harsh, Mike is propably just a child.

6 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

That was honest but like that wasn't nice, like at all.

I know but I think countless thread pages dedicated to them and another person fervently debating about some random idea he came up with made it nessary to give him a hard reality check with no hokding back, but I do see that it could have been said nicer

4 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

-Snip-

um No? Your ON PC & therefore literally EVERYTHING you just said does not apply to me or Anyone else Playing the game Outside Of PC. first off you can not buy JUST Vanilla Don’t Starve, You Can Buy-

Don’t Starve: Giant Edition for 14.99$

Don’t Starve Shipwrecked Expansion for 4.99$ (And Requires owning Giant Edition to Play)

Don’t Starve Giant Edition+ Shipwrecked Expansion for 18.99$

Don’t Starve TOGETHER for 14.99$

OR Don’t Starve MEGA Pack for 26.99$ (Which includes Giant Edition, Shipwrecked Expansion And Don’t Starve Together all in one Bundle)

Don’t Starve- Hamlet does not Exist anywhere outside of PC yet and is not purchasable on Consoles at the time of this post.

There is NOT and NEVER HAS BEEN an Option to buy Vanilla DS Without the RoG Content.

in Addition to that- You people over on PC got Don’t Starve Together for FREE where as you can see with the above items and their listed prices people playing on XBOX has to pay 14.99$ for Don’t Starve TOGETHER.

Not only that- But you also got a secondary free copy to gift to a friend, If I want my friends to play this game with me I have to try & CONVINCE Them that it’s worth spending 15$ on.

I'm fairly certain that Wormwood and Warly were picked before all others due to them working the best outside of their respective dlc's and in a multiplayer environment while requiring the least amount of gameplay improvisation to be enjoyable. After all, JoeW stated in the 2020 roadmap that they don't want to add characters just for the sake of it. 

Also, 

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You are Awarded a Torch Skin for owning DS Single, A Birdcage Skin for owning DS Shipwrecked, and Wormwood as a playable Character If you already own Hamlet.

I'm quite curious as to what torch skin you are referring to here, care to enlighten me?

4 minutes ago, Bronzebot said:

I'm fairly certain that Wormwood and Warly were picked before all others due to them working the best outside of their respective dlc's and in a multiplayer environment while requiring the least amount of gameplay improvisation to be enjoyable. After all, JoeW stated in the 2020 roadmap that they don't want to add characters just for the sake of it. 

Also, 

I'm quite curious as to what torch skin you are referring to here, care to enlighten me?

My mistake, it’s not a Torch Skin, it’s a fire pit Skin- and it looks like this.

And here is the Birdcage Skin.

These items are only Obtainable on PC. And you get them by Owning DS Reign Of Giants and DS Shipwrecked

F11B82A9-5E62-4480-8704-04412B0BE359.png

6D141BB7-9D9F-4BAE-9A72-7C2697AB1C11.png

on a completely diffrent note from the storm of chaos over there, wagstaff is going to be in DST and nobody can convince me otherwise.

i mean look at him, you can just feel the lore flow from him in every way.

um No? Your ON PC & therefore literally EVERYTHING you just said does not apply to me or Anyone else

What a good way to start out your counter argument, calling everything in my criticism worthless becuase we access content differently. Its like saying that I'm bad at making grilled cheese because I don't make it the way ypu do, its a stupid point and it probley just there so that you can easily deflect any truth you are reading. The differences between ports are actually pretty miniscule in actual content so I don't get why you are being so pretentious to assume that XBox is so much harder then Pc. Mods can be considered, but have you also considered that I don't use mods and thus our content is exactly the same? Why do consider the 2 ports so different that ny point I brought up is moot?

first off you can not buy JUST Vanilla Don’t Starve,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/219740/Dont_Starve/

Also you can just not activate RoG in any one the packs you listed (besides DST) and see how someone without RoG would experience the game, and see how they are crippled or helped in seperate areas. Also by the fact that all the RoG exclusive packs are ~14 dollars and the base game + RoG cost around ~14 dollars, they don't help your argument and actually helps mine. DST also costing 14+ on itself also helps me as it shows how even DST considers the price of both RoG and any additional work. 

There is NOT and NEVER HAS BEEN an Option to buy Vanilla DS Without the RoG Content

Except for the Link I showed and any copy of the game before April 30th. 2014 as it wasn't even released before then.

You people over on PC got Don’t Starve Together for FREE

Also cost ~15 but sure go off.

But you also got a secondary free copy to gift to a friend, If I want my friends to play this game with me I have to try & CONVINCE Them that it’s worth spending 15$ on.

You know this would be a dencent argument, if it also wasn't true that Xbox and playstation has Family play enabled, meaning any user on the device can use it seperately. Meanwhile, while on Pc we go get a free copy to give out, we also need tp require a new copy for each user even if yhey are on the same system. Sure, it might different kinds of sharing but it still shows how multiple people are sharing the same game with only one copy.

Let me rephrase my post then- 

i am not trying to say your are wrong, because on pc your points are Valid.

But on Console- DS has never been sold without Reign of Giants content.

And also- Anyone who participated in the DST Beta got it for Free instead of paying the 15$ for it (but if you have legit fact that proves that wrong, please share.)

And Yeah.. I get you on the Family/ Game Sharing Thing, but that additional copy only goes to the people in my actual household- To game share with my buddy who lives in on the other side of the United States in California he would have to share my log in information, Credit card and gamer profile.

Which as you can obviously tell- I’m not entrusting that information to ANYONE outside of my own family. With your free copies though you can gift them directly to whoever you want them to go to so it’s sort of the same.. but not exactly.

To Clarify- I am certainly not trying to argue with Anyone,  I’m simply trying to explain my point of view. And while I realize not EVERYONE will agree with my point of View.. I am trying to find the correct words to express it.

For Xbox One Dont Starve can not be bought without Reign Of Giants content and ROG content cost already added on top of that.

No one outside of Klei knows what their Intentions for DST is in the foreseeable Future.. Who here can say with absolute certainty that Shipwrecked WONT become Core Game content for DST and they will simply adjust the price of the game later to accommodate for that in its price.

Just like they did with Reign Of Giants content being a default part of the game on Consoles.

If you don’t want to play with the content, Toggle it off and move on- but  I don’t speak for JUST myself when it comes to wanting DST to include Shipwrecked content, If you look on any of Klei’s Official pages.. be it Facebook, YouTube, Twitter you will see that one of the most asked questions is when will Shipwrecked: Together come.

So outside of my own personal opinion.. people wanting that content added into the game in some way or another- is in popular demand.

Walani, Wilbur, Warly & Woodlegs are Shipwrecked DLC Playable Characters.

Wheeler, Wilba & Wormwood are Hamlet DLC Playable Characters.

The Original post for this topic asks why they Are not in DST-

The answer are-

1- They are paid DLC.

2-They were not Designed with Together Gameplay in mind and therefore some maybe more suited for DST then others.

and 3- If they gave them all away for Free with DST why would anyone buy the DLC’s to play as them?

But what the answer is probably NOT- is LORE Purposes..  because all of these characters are all trapped in the Constant- Some are lost in RoG, others lost in SW or Ham.

But for Warly to Wash up on Shore of DST from DS Shipwrecked, And for Wormwood to have been born in Hamlet and just appear in DST (without any explanation as to HOW he actually got there..) then this would seem to Imply that in Theory at least- That Shipwrecked and Hamlet are BOTH Connected to DST & we can go to those areas.

And here’s my question- If WARLY can Crash a Boat into the island of DST where we know the DST cast rushes to recover him.. Why can’t Walani ride in on her Surfboard later looking for him after he went missing?

in Addition to that- You people over on PC got Don’t Starve Together for FREE where as you can see with the above items and their listed prices people playing on XBOX has to pay 14.99$ for Don’t Starve TOGETHER.

Wow, Klei must have scammed me hard when I bought DST on PC.

Not only that- But you also got a secondary free copy to gift to a friend, If I want my friends to play this game with me I have to try & CONVINCE Them that it’s worth spending 15$ on.

And for that, console players have split screen - a feature PC players are asking for for ages.

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And here’s my question- If WARLY can Crash a Boat into the island of DST where we know the DST cast rushes to recover him.. Why can’t Walani ride in on her Surfboard later looking for him after he went missing?

Because she's too lazy.

(Not to mention that, if I'm not mistaken, characters in singleplayer don't even know about each other. But correct me if I'm wrong, I have played DS much less than DST.)

2 hours ago, Shpee said:

on a completely diffrent note from the storm of chaos over there, wagstaff is going to be in DST and nobody can convince me otherwise.

i mean look at him, you can just feel the lore flow from him in every way.

Well.. because I got bored I went searching areas of the forum that I normally have never Trafficked into- Hamlet... because That Particular DLC is only available on PC and until it comes to Console I really had no need to GO to that area of the forum.

However.. while there- I did find this Official Dev Post, but this post is from May of 2019 so... I have no idea how accurate it still stands.

The thing that strikes me as most odd about this is that it says: Old faces being Re-Made as well as altogether new ones showing up. 

I am going to guess that this is in regards to the Character Refreshes & 4 DST Exclusive DLC Characters.

But below that- It states in the Patch Notes that Wagstaff was added to all versions. Not just exclusively to Hamlet. While this Does not directly mention DST, it seems odd that they would say All versions and not just Vanilla DS+Hamlet.

This post was made in MAY of 2019 so it is outdated by now. 

But I will provide a link to the full post so you can check that out yourself.

C46F109B-ACAB-4AB2-9390-A3C7719847D7.png

Archived